Womens Running

I'm First on Friday??? (Read 21 times)

Where are y'all????

Ok--I'll start. Nice swim this morning. Usually my coach has more listed on the swim training than I can actually finish if I want to get to work on time. This morning I finished the workout and I swam 200 yards more than I usually swim. Yay. I feel like I accomplished something.

Wow we had a big storm blow through here last night.  I was at quilting, and we were able to get home just before the bottom fell out. It was cool to watch as we were driving home.  One of the ladies from my church went with me (80+ y/o Danish lady--she's a hoot)

Tonight we are going to a minor league baseball game---Biloxi Shuckers vs. Montgomery Biscuits (I think we're playing them?) Fun + a knitting opportunity. Just have to make it through work today.

Have a great time in Fargo!!!

dhuffman63

Trails

Sue, I believe Lizzie, Karen and Sandy are enroute to Fargo today.

Today is a SRD for me today and I really feel as if I need it.  Nothing major going on here.  S/B sunny and warm today.

Hi to everyone!

ginnyb

Sorry I have been MIA for awhile.  My back really got bad and I literally could not move for a week.  I stuck with the chiropractor though and I am much, much better and I am liking her now.  Maybe I got a bad impression because I just felt so bad, I don't know.  Been seeing her 3 times a week for 2 weeks now and I feel almost normal.  I get discouraged when things like this happen and I just don't feel like writing.  Needless to say, I am not running Cleveland this weekend .  Have not done any sort of exercise in 2 weeks and I hate that, I am so afraid of it happening again.  I have not broached the exercise question with her yet.  So jealous of those running Fargo this weekend!  Those get togethers are so fun and I haven't done one in a long time.....maybe later on this season.

Hi to everyone and sorry I have not read much either, so I got nothin......

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

dhuffman63

Trails

Ginny there's a half at Brazos in Dec...and it's flat as a pancake.  I know Kat, who I've not met but feel as if I have, Lisa and at least Karen will be there. It's my first 50 miler to celebrate turning 55 on the 1st.  Come join us!

ginnyb

Is that the one in Texas?  I think I have talked about joining that one before, but had forgotten.

Ginny

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Morning!

Sue, have fun at the baseball game!

Diane, enjoy your rest day.  Any weekend plans?

Woot woot  and wahoo to the ladies of Fargo.

Ginny, sorry about your back.  We understand not wanting to write, but we are always here for you.  Diane is right.  Brazos Bend down here in old Texas is flat.  Pancake flat as she mentioned.  Not a true trail race.  And there are alligators in the lakes.  Sometimes they come out to say hi.  I think we are possibly getting an AirBnB.  Tessa is also coming.  I am hoping for a 50 too, as it is 3 days after my 50th birthday.  (That sound ludicrous to say as my running has been slim.)  Also, are you coming to Michigan for Woodstock in September??

Woke up before 7, laid in bed for an hour or so but couldn't sleep.  Checked my work email because the new schedule was supposed to be announced today and it was.  If I get 2-3 shifts a week, I can survive for a few months with just that.  I am going to pay off the majority of my bills for a few months so I don't have to stress.  Also will be applying at some other relief places.  Sending an email later today to the full time folks associated with Vetco.  I feel terrible for the full-time women I work with.  The MAX hours they will get if they work 6 days a week is 30 hours.

Tomorrow and Monday are going to be a hoot.  Place needs some deep cleaning before I leave.  Including steam cleaning the carpets, my favorite task.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Ginny, I'm glad you are getting some improvement with your back. :::hugs:::

Thursday was another 60 minutes of cardio. At least I have been able to keep up with a workout.

This morning I tried the running shoes, new ones with wider toe box. Toe only had a slight twinge to start. The TM was calling to me so I was able to run 25 minutes without pain. I am so pleased! The shoe also reminded me how much it protects the toes. I was barefoot when I broke the toe.

Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

dhuffman63

Trails

Kat, we've or I have been driving all over for the last 6 weeks so absolutely NOTHING planned.  I do have 12 and 8 miles on my schedule but that won't be hard to do since we aren't going anywhere I can do it any time.  I too need to deep clean.  No carpets just vacuum and then mop.  We are STILL not living in the little house so maybe can move some more stuff this weekend.  DH can put things off like no one's business....lol

Bikerchick1

Sue - Great job in the swim!  I love swimming (after I get there and get in the water), and is such a great work out.  Any tris planned?  Enjoy the game...er...knitting event Wink

Ginny - So Sorry about your back!  Glad it is feeling better tho.  Not sure if you saw this on FB, so will ask you here....have you done the Dayton Air Force Race???

Kat - Glad you are able to keep your head afloat for awhile!  Hope something comes your way soon.  Wish I was going to Pinelands!

Diane - I would rather run a gazzilion Miles then clean!

Judy - Yay on the TM run!!!!

Fargo Girls - Can’t wait to hear all about it!

did a “quick” 5 this morning.  Am volunteering at our city’s 5/10k and half marathon this afternoon and tomorrow morning.  I work the solutions table and it is my favorite thing to do.  People get so panicked if they sign up for the 5k walk, but somehow get put in the run....they are just frantic until I get them changed over.  A lot of first timers and lots of groups running....so fun to see all the excitement!  This is where I ran my first 5k 13 years ago......got totally hooked!

Carol

ginnyb

I have done the Air Force in Dayton a few times!  Loved it.   That is the half that I did

Kat...I am planning on Woodstock, but only the half

Ginny

Arimathea

Tessa

Susan, you ARE in the Eastern time zone...

Ginny, Brazos Bend sounds like it will be fun. I'm in for it also -- and I did a 50 (actually went 54 since it was a 24 hour event) on my 50th birthday. Glad your back is feeling better.

Susan, have fun at the knitting opportunity! And yay for getting through the swim workout.

Carol, thanks for volunteering. I'm sure it's reassuring for the panicked folks to hear "yes we can work that out" rather than "sorry, you have to RUN since that's what you signed up for, someone will be behind you with a cattle prod to make sure you keep running". Seriously, what are they going to do to people who are walking? It's like those who sign up for the full and know they will be dropping to the half. Nobody's going to throw you back out onto the course to run another 13.

Gotta go, have a phone call.

Half Crazy K 2.0

So ready for bed. It has been so gray and dreary this week. 7 miles after work in the rain with some intervals.

The trail not trail race sounded interesting until the part about alligators.

dhuffman63

Trails

Alligators are ok...you can see them it's snakes on the trail that are sneaky bast&*rds.