Womens Running

IT'S NATIONAL NUTELLA DAY, DIVAS (Read 20 times)

lizo_77

back for a break. my brain is exploding with specs.Shy

rltw: enjoy dinner with your friend!

dona: glad you're enjoying your work and the variety!

outwest: you driving around in a big truck looking at desert plants sounds fascinating!

monk: ooops! sorry about the big spill! I would not be in a happy place if that happened to me. I should post of pic of my desk.... absolute chaos! at least now you have a cleaned up desk!

taylor: good for you watching your body. enjoy your pool run!

norcal: good luck with the billing. and way to go on the 7 miles!

back later....

SassySparky

Sigh. My body is so predictable. I hit 250 miles on my shoes last weekend and I thought I could try and go another week or two before ordering new shoes ... but sure enough after my run this morning I had some tenderness on my right shin consistent with shin splints. Blast!

So I'm ordering new shoes and stretching! This is a cut back week so I only have a 4 and 3 miler left to run. I'm trying to decide if I should just not run them and take some rest to heal up.

Thoughts?

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

NorCal

Sassy- Personally I'd at least take off one of the runs, maybe both, depending on how the shins feel. I know that when my calf started hurting, I took an entire 6 days off completely and that worked so well. If I had kept running, I think I would have been in big trouble!

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

lizo_77

Don't feel bad about resting a bit to make sure there's no persistent shin issues. Since this is a cut back week, it's perfect timing for it.

SassySparky

MA - i'm glad your DH is coming around on the money issues!

Meli - Zumba! Have fun!

Lizo - hahaha that kind of dinner is what I make when Big D is out of town!

RLTW - have a great day!

KlMcD - you'll have to update us on FB about the new job, unless I missed it!

OWR - I'm never good at ST in the mornings, I feel like my body just isn't coordinated (or flexible) enough when I first wake up.
            MOnk - you are so close, any movement is good for you at this point!

Taylor - good idea on the pool run.

NC - good idea on taking a rest. I'll skip tomorrow's run. I've been pushing my paces a bit lately, too, so I'm sure my body could use the rest! I'm signed up for a full in November so I have to stay healthy this year!!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

lizo_77

Dang I've had the day from hell...