Womens Running

Statistics Wednesday (dailies) (Read 20 times)

Docket_Rocket

Oh, and I fucking survived my hearing today.  I can't believe it!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

5.8 miles with 6 x 4 minutes at tempo-ish pace.

Kilmisters, hope you enjoying the hockey game.

Seloc, crazy cat. Always annoying when they take their sweet time outside when you want to go to bed.

DHuffman, your gym perk sounds really nice. My work offers some after work classes, usually in 6 weeks blocks. Mostly yoga, but there is also Zumba going on now.

Lizzie, I like the taste of some of the Gu (chocolate, salted caramel, S'mores), it doesn't like me. Every time I've used it in a race I get an uncomfortable sloshing feeling in my stomach. Never really had the issue on easy runs with it. I did almost gag on strawberry banana flavor on a busy corner.

Turtles, was the geese family at a distance? They can be quite nasty. When I was walking back to hotel after my last half, at a foot bridge I heard this hissing and looked over at a goose right by the bridge. Guess it was sitting guard.

Docket, glad you survived court. There are not supposed to be hills by the ocean. In MD, the only "hill" by the ocean is a steep bridge on Assateague Island.

AnonymousGuest, glad you beat the rain with the patio furniture.

Arimathea

Tessa

Nice race report Damaris! I need Massachusetts too. And ain't no way I'm qualifying for Boston.

Karen, laughing at you and the furniture. Glad you got it sorted out.

Diane, that sounds like a great arrangement and I wish my work had that gym!

One thing nobody tells you about growing older is that somewhere between the age of 30 and 45 you will likely bite down on a piece of food and find that half your molar is lying on your tongue. Nobody talks about teeth breaking. Even chin hairs get mentioned more often.

Sandy, your recycling is overflowing with wine bottles? Eh, hide some in your neighbors' recycle bins.

Waiting for RN to text so we can go for a walk, then trying to get to bed early. Alarm is set for 2 AM. I have a 5:55 flight tomorrow morning. And I do have to bring my laptop. I cannot believe how many crises emerged today.

3.8 this morning before taking kit kats to vet. Jacques and Jericho were over 2 lbs and stayed, they were neutered today and will likely be in the adoption center tomorrow. I am hoping that holiday weekend + adorable kitten = loving homes. Jupiter, OTOH, was 1.5 ounces shy of the 2 lb mark. I think it is because he took a mighty dump before we left for the clinic. Little stinker. "No! I want to keep them a bit longer!"

dhuffman63

Trails

Damaris awesome race.  With those dirty legs you are well on your way to being a trail runner...lol.

Tessa your kitties are so adorable.

Docket_Rocket

Damaris awesome race.  With those dirty legs you are well on your way to being a trail runner...lol.

Tessa your kitties are so adorable.

Oh, you should have seen me after my 50K (which was a trail race with 20 miles of sand dunes).  I looked like I had rolled in the wet sand for hours.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page