Womens Running

It's Finally Friday! (Over 40) (Read 19 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. Smile

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Fast Buddy appeared at the track! First time in 4 months. We did 35 minutes running and caught up on all the family news. Things are going well for him so we hope to see him regularly.  It's a good workout for me because he is tall. My little rodent legs were scrambling. Big grin
      Track run today with a little cardio DVD thrown into the mix.
      Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Anonymous Guest

Morning Judy and everyone to follow!

I'm heading out for 6 easy miles. My schedule calls for an 8-15K tune-up race tomorrow so I'm running the Navy 5 Miler downtown. Will have to go pick up my packet later, along with maybe a little shopping to find something for my second (or third if you count the phone interview) interview next week. I made the mistake of stopping at Kohl's yesterday just to see if I could find anything inexpensive, and could find nothing even close to my size. I think I'll head back up to the outlet mall and check Ann Taylor and Talbot's there.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

ginnyb

4 miles this morning and felt really good, except for a couple of scares.  First I had paused because my Garmin couldn't seem to get going this morning and a young man steps out, all dressed in black and says " excuse me"  I am thinking to myself  'well my luck just ran out and I am glad I have my runners ID bracelet on"  All he wanted was directions, but I still think it was a little suspicious, directions?  Walking?  at 5:45a.m. ? He was foreign and we have a lotta of foreign youngsters that work Cedar Point in the summer. so I guess it was legit, all I know is that my heart didn't stop pounding for quite a while!  Then about a mile later, I hear a dog run out of a back yard and start chasing me, there goes the heart again!  Friendly dog that just wanted to run a while I guess.  Gees, a lot of adrenalin that early in the morning.  It was still really dark too.

Not going to be able to do the gym thing on my lunch break.  Just not enough time.  I did meet with the trainer, but not for long, so we have to get together and figure out another time for the both of us.  Tuesday mornings are set, but I need at least twice a week.  I am enjoying it so far though, for as little as I have done.

Karen....good luck with the hunt for clothing.  I am not as small as you, but at Ann Taylor now my pant size is a 2, and I am nowhere near a size 2...it really is ridiculous.  Like you, I am thinking that pretty soon , with this vanity sizing I am going to have to shop atthe little girls department!  I am not that small!!!

ITS  FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Yay, it's Friday!  Did 8.60 miles yesterday instead of 12 because I lacked time.  Damn work.  12 miles today, with 5 done and 7 more to go.

judyruns, sound like a great and entertaining workout.

Karen, hope your 6 went well.  Good luck with the tune up race.

Ginny, I would've been so startled, the yell would've woken up half the block.  Glad to hear it was just a guy lost.  Nice run.

Have a great day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

I wanted to jump in and say hi even though I haven't had a chance to read today's posts. No run for me today, it's an SDO, and this doggone job interfered with my plans to go to Bodyflow! I did get in 5.1 miles yesterday. I tripped on the curb and fell, and wouldn't you know, it was on one of the busiest streets - plenty of people to see my go down! I was lucky and got my hands up in time, so I just wound up with a scraped palm and a bit of road rash on one leg. I plan to squeeze in a run tomorrow morning between soccer games.

Linda - I hope the antibiotics are kicking in and you are feeling better.

Marjorie - happy anniversary!

Tessa - as always, I'm thinking of you with all that you're dealing with. I hope bringing DH home goes as smoothly as possible.

Karen - fingers crossed for you on the job possibility.

Waves to everyone else.

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.5 miles for me.

Karen good luck. I get most of my stuff from Ann Taylor and the Loft as they are the only one that seems to have stuff that first me and isn't made for a teenager. I used to be able to go to Talbots but a lot of their stuff ruins big so you may find yourself swimming in everything they have.

Ginny I'd have been scared too.

Hi Cindy. Boo to work interfering with working out!

happy Friday D

Marjorie

HI!  Decided to do the Keesler AFB Mini Tri this morning.  200 yard swim/9 mile ride/2 mile run.  I thought it went well except I forgot it was two laps and I got off my bike after the first lap!!  RATS!!  I was 1st in the 50+ women (don't get too excited, I don't think there were that many of us) and am waiting on the results to be posted--I may have been second female.  It was fun.  Since I was over there I went to the commissary, took groceries home and came to work.  In my running clothes ( I did take a shower, clothes are clean Smile)  Usually a light crowd at the office on Fridays, so not worried about it.

Karen--I like Loft too.  Good luck!

Have a great day!

Hi all!

Tessa-best wishes and hugs to you. how frustrating and scary at the same time. He's at that not really well enough to go home but not really sick/injured enough to stay stage. You probably know that it won't be long until he's back in somewhere since he won't have someone monitoring diet, fluids or bathroom trips. Makes even me mad that the system will require something significant to put him into that "stay" category.

Karen-congrats on Boston!! glad that the program was worthwhile. there is a lot to learn and know about networking and branding/presenting yourself.

Ginny-just the few sessions with PT makes me realize how great a trainer would be to work with. I enjoy doing the strength exercises...when someone else tells me to do them. In the comfort of my own home, not so much.

Linda-yuck on the staph infection! at least you know what it is and it's being treated.

Cindy-don't think of all of the people seeing you fall down....think of all the people who saw you get back up, shake yourself off and then continue with your run. way to go girl!

Sue-congrats on the tri!

4 PT sessions so far. I am feeling stronger but knee still hurting and tender. Still swollen looking. they're doing lots of manual manipulation that I suppose is somewhat like sports massage because it certainly hits the tender spots in the front inside and outside of knee cap. ouch! Then lots of balancing work, core, quad, outer/inner thigh/hip work. I work up a sweat with only the 10 min cardio warmup. plus that pulsing thing.  Hopefully this is working. The place though seems top notch. Less than a year old, all new equipment, multiple staff but same working with me and mainly athletic looking people in there for rehab. quite a few high school students.

Lisa

Arimathea

Tessa

Judy, glad that Fast Buddy appeared. He's the one you normally run with at the track, as opposed to Sunday Buddy?

Karen, good luck with both the race and the follow up interview! I think Ann Taylor and Talbot's might be more suited (pun intended) to what you're looking for. Kohl's tends not to have much of a selection for people who are not, um, robustly built. And Forever 21 and the other trendy stores do have small sizes but not something you would wear for a job interview.

Ginny, sorry that you had a scare. In my experience a lot of people do stop runners for directions because they figure we know where we're going. (Not always the case -- I was stopped near Nashville by someone looking for the soccer fields and as it happened I had gone by there so could tell them where to go, but my reaction tends to be "I haven't a clue, I am a visitor here!")

Glad you are liking the trainer. And dogs are scary even if all they want is "can I run with you, huh, huh, HUH? Pretty please?"

Damaris, you're doing a double today, or are you posting whilst on a water break?

Cindy, sorry about the fall, or as Lisa calls it an "unplanned gravity check". BTDT. Hope you can fit a run in around soccer games tomorrow. Could you run while they're warming up?

Marjorie, you're right, Talbots can run big, though they do have petite sizes -- Karen is taller than I am (as is everyone) but maybe a skirt would work.

Susan, congratulations on the mini tri, you don't have to work today? Is it a holiday?

Lisa, I really hope the PT works for you, sounds like it may be. I am sorry that it took you so much effort to get that referral, they should have had you in there as soon as the surgery was over.

I had a meeting with the PT at the SNF this morning, so ran longer than usual in anticipation of not having a lunch break. 11.3, starting in pitch darkness, finishing in full sun. I like that. It was very hilly and took me nearly 2.5 hours, but it was worth it.

Meeting went well. Learned some techniques for transfering DH from bed to chair and vice versa, and the discharge planner said the hospital bed and wheelchair will be ordered and we're hoping for delivery early next week. Then DH can come home. Lisa, you're right that he may wind up back in hospital again, though I am inclined to say that an old sick man should be allowed to eat what he wants and if it isn't the best choice for longevity then so be it. He's talking wistfully about baby back ribs.

Tomorrow MM and I are meeting at 5 AM for 18-something miles. She gulped a little and then looked at the weather forecast and agreed. I'm guessing she might not go to bed until after the run! It's going to include one long tough hill, several smaller ones, and we'll be starting in the dark but I will bring reflective vests and a headlamp. Then I have to scoot down to the airport to pick up my sister. She will have to deal with me being schtinky, and since she's flying back on an overnight flight with a stop she is likely to be smelly also.

Tessa-why is 5am sounding so early for MM? Or maybe I'm misunderstanding.

Yeah...don't know on this PT..knee is just throbbing tonight. Was told to only foam roll tomorrow then do my homework on Sunday. The rest of me is feeling stronger but knee still hurts. I think that this is from the "massaging" that she's doing. Icing it.

:-(

It's been just over 4 months since the NJ Marathon and the last time I really ran.

4 months.  would have never believed it.  Although the way my knee felt when I finished I wouldn't have been surprised if you told me then.  Karen can attest to that. Just want it to go away.

Lisa

Docket_Rocket

Tessa, I was doing a double.  7 this afternoon.  I am glad the meeting went well.  Have a fun 18.

Karen, good luck with the race and interview.

Cindy, nice 5 yesterday.  Ouch at the fall.  Hope nothing major is hurting.

Marjorie, nice mileage as usual.  Thanks for the emails on hamstring exercises.  I got both and shall start them soon.

Sue, good luck on the tri.

Lisa, sorry about the knee giving you issues still.

I am thinking of doing two 50Ks in 2014 apart from my multiple marathons.  The only reason I am not doing the 50 miler in either is the cutoff.  I hate being slow.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, MM is Marathon Mentee and getting up early is not high on her list of enjoyed activities. She'd much rather run at a civilised hour, like 10 or 11, but that's not a wise move in southern California in September.

Damaris, if you want to do a 50 miler but are worried about the cutoff, look for races that also include a 100 miler. They tend to have longer cutoffs for the 50m.