Womens Running

No over 40 thread? Monday (Read 18 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

At 830?  Where is everyone?

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Nice race Sue!  I saw the pics on Facebook. How great!

Karen sorry it never warmed up

Gatsby my body is doing a great job fighting this. Throat has some minor discomfort. But nose isn't stuffy. I've blown it a few times but I can breath and my voice hasn't been lost or greatly altered.

Marjorie

Good Morning!!  Survived Group Power class.  I am tired from yesterday's race.  Felt pretty good yesterday---made two batches of marmalade and pizzas for supper.  Then I looked in the fridge and saw ANOTHER gallon bag of kumquats.  I think I will seed them and put them in the food processor tonight and freeze the puree for kumquat bread (like banana bread).  I just gotta get that over with.

I am really in a funk at work.  Just don't want to be here.  Contentious conference call in an hour.  Sad

Anonymous Guest

Morning all,

Just felt really cold this morning walking to work. I got in and immediately turned the thermostat in my office to 85 (as high as it goes). My feet are finally warm two hours later.

I have a cutback week this week in my cycling training plan and I'm very happy about that. So just a very easy hour on the bike tonight. The running part of my plan isn't officially a cutback week but I'm running a marathon on Sunday as a long training run (it's close to my house, cheap, and a friend talked me into it), so I'll probably cut back on some of the miles during the week in anticipation of running extra Sunday (plan calls for 16). So overall an easy week. Yay!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

6.2. It would have been a rest day but I'm feeling great so I ran. Pilates later. Oh I shaved another 19sec a mile off my pace. Go me!  A little more and I will be faster than pre injury In June

Karen I hate getting chilled it is so hard to warm back up.

Marjorie

Bikerchick1

Yikes, where is everybody???

Marjorie - Nice job on the run, and pace!

Karen - It must really be cold out there!  Hope you warmed up.  Are you combining Hansens and biking?  If so, how are you doing that?  I finally bought the hardcover on Hansen's (instead of trying to read it on Kindle), and would like to train for some Tri's.  Marathon is Memorial Day.  I am most considered about fitting the biking in.

Crazysue - Hope your work funk fets better!

TM workout for me.  After 2 hours in the dental chair getting work done.... I have a great dentist, and didn't feel a thing, but seriously....2 hours 

Carol

ginnyb

I am beginning to feel like I live in the set of Dr. Zhivago!

Did a DVD this morning that I haven't done in years, it was fun!   I think it was easier then.  Just noticing so many aches and pains this year.  Sure don't get up from the floor as fast as I used to!

Working tonight  

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

LC Runs

Hi Ladies, late check in for me.

3 miles on TM this morning, followed by some pushups, squats and planks.

Hi Marjorie!  Thanks for starting the thread, I was too lazy to do it lol

Sue - GREAT JOB yesterday!!  Loved the pic

Karen - I'm with you, soooo sick of being cold ugh!

Hi Carol - I hate the dentist, I go in March

Ginny - great job with the DVD

Anonymous Guest

Carol, no, decided against Hanson's this go round because I didn't think I'd be able to do it and get the cycling in I wanted and work full time. I am planning on a 12 week Hanson plan for my fall marathon - by then most of the races that involve cycling will be over so I won't be pushing as hard on that front. And my legs will be more used to it so I could hopefully get a ride in on the non-running day and maybe one other day. But for Boston, I ended up just going with Pfitz 12/55 and 2-3 non-running days per week. I'm not trying to PR at Boston, so lower mileage and more rest days should work okay for it.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel