Womens Running

(Over 40) wishful weekend (Read 18 times)

Docket_Rocket

Very pretty, Lisa!

Morning!  5 and weights tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Lisa there was a huge dog right after us-- a mastiff.

Did 12.3 today. Nice run. Not many out. Must have been up partying or something. I usually see lots on this route. Saw very few.

Marjorie

camille2

Lisa, Atlanta has an iconic Fox theatre, too.  Gorgeous.  It's neat that Katie could perform in yours.

Marjorie, I love the pics of your  dogs.  Very cute!

Demaris, nice miles as usual!

I'm at the cabin for a couple days.  It's gorgeous here and I did 1.5 on the little technical trail by the stream.  I'm tired and had to walk a lot, but it was such a nice day I enjoyed it. I'm going to do another 3.5 after a little rest and juice.  I'm going to dinner with late hubby's family tonight then Christmas Lights of Life U.

So here's my day...

Exam printed for tomorrow... but what a pain...

CPU is being serviced (to get a new one), laptop wouldn't connect to internet so I couldn't print from my laptop, thankfully department chair was in his office, copied file to thumb drive and he printed, printed about 10 copies before copier jams, unjam copier, copier says something is misaligned, try to fix it, doesn't work, use smaller copier (which takes about 3x as long), it jams, pull paper out of jam, still jammed, finally figure out where jam is, pull more paper out, make rest of copies. Done! But argh... glad I didn't wait until 7 am to prepare for a 7:45 am Monday exam.

Come home.  Go for a 3.2 mile run.  Shin hurting again.  ARGH... guess I better take it easy (I've been running faster lately and this seems to happen every time I try to run faster than about a 11:20 mile on a regular basis). 

Shower, eat lunch, answer emails, correct units in data given to students, help DS with exam studying, and now vegging for a bit while he studies for his calc exam tomorrow. 

I still haven't done personals; I'm sorry.  But I should get out the last design project report I have to grade (well until Wednesday when the last of the three come in)

Quick check in now that we're back from Sacramento  and the California International Marathon (pretty sure no international borders were crossed in the process).  A PR for me today and my first sub 4 marathon, finishing at 3:59:22.  Very happy and feel okay physically.  I started with a RC friend a little behind the 4 hour pace group.  We passed them and ran on our own, with my friend tracking our pace (and keeping me from slacking off) until he had to drop back around mile 16 (he had just done a tough 28 mile trail race last weekend, and still finished in 4:09).    The 4 hour pacer caught up to me at mile 24 and I hung on until a side stitch struck at mile 25, but I got through it and almost caught up to the pacer to get sub 4 (I knew she had banked 15 seconds and she crossed the start around 15 second ahead of me, so I figured it was still possible).   My DH really hadn't trained, and bless him, he still went out and gave it a shot, finishing just over 5 hours.  He travels a lot for work and just can't put in many miles training.  Taking it easy now, laundry might wait until tomorrow....

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

annieSusan

GatsbyBird, congrats on the PR and the sub-4! Very cool!

Docket_Rocket

Quick check in now that we're back from Sacramento  and the California International Marathon (pretty sure no international borders were crossed in the process).  A PR for me today and my first sub 4 marathon, finishing at 3:59:22.  Very happy and feel okay physically.  I started with a RC friend a little behind the 4 hour pace group.  We passed them and ran on our own, with my friend tracking our pace (and keeping me from slacking off) until he had to drop back around mile 16 (he had just done a tough 28 mile trail race last weekend, and still finished in 4:09).    The 4 hour pacer caught up to me at mile 24 and I hung on until a side stitch struck at mile 25, but I got through it and almost caught up to the pacer to get sub 4 (I knew she had banked 15 seconds and she crossed the start around 15 second ahead of me, so I figured it was still possible).   My DH really hadn't trained, and bless him, he still went out and gave it a shot, finishing just over 5 hours.  He travels a lot for work and just can't put in many miles training.  Taking it easy now, laundry might wait until tomorrow....

Wow!  Congrats!  That is awesome!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Gatsby-sub 4?!!!  AWESOME!!!  Can't even imagine it!  Thanks for running so fast for those of us who can't.

Susan-speed is not a friend to me ...  I'm just aiming for consistent and strong now vs speed.  Hope the niggles go away soon.

Marjorie-I hope the tweaked the size of Santa for that Mastiff otherwise he would end up truly a jolly little elf.

Cathy-technical trails are the best.. unless we're talking wild roses or poison ivy or sharp pointy rocks that hurt the bottom of your feet.

Had a great run this morning and so bummed that my stupid phone didn't map it. I started by doing a really easy loop around the lake, lots of walking to warm up in that first mile.  Then I headed to the mountain bike trail, still easy with the goal of not having to walk the hills.  None of them are very long but there are always some that I end up walking.  Just kept it slow and steady and was very happy to be able to run (slow but not a walk) up them.  Lots of mountain bikers so did have "breaks" where I had to step off of trail.  One was so polite, he said excuse me when he went by.  LOL I'm estimating it at 10.5 miles.  That was a good confidence builder for the 50k.

Lisa