Womens Running

Fantastic Friday Supermoms (Read 18 times)

Erniegirl

Bermy - You are too kind. You will be running 20 min (or less!) 5ks in no time. I started running in 2010. My very first 5k was in September 2010 on my 30th birthday. I believe it was 26:55. By the time I got pregnant with S in spring 2011, my 5k time was down to 22:30 or so. Ran a 22:46 three months pp in June 2012, and then PR'd with my 20:46 in June 2013 (with a couple races in between).

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- Reid is very familiar with the phrase "That's a No-touch."  I usually try to get something that rattles when he shakes it or an interesting package to hold while we shop. Yesterday he wanted to hold the onion we bought and we talked about the various qualities of the onion. Good job on your knitting!

CA- R has a leaptop game that he calls his "Cooder" but mostly he likes to press the F button and dance to the music that plays when the Fish shows up on the screen. And he likes to turn it off and back on again 5000x so it will say "hi!" to him. So yeah, not loving electronics with this stage in life.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

BermyHorse

spike - quilting advice needed. So I finished my topper, now how on earth do I connect it to the batting and the backing? how big do I cut the backing? How do I finish off the edges? What is stitch in the ditch? Understand if you are too busy to play bermy-sewing-helpdesk.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

armmama

CA - I'm feeling pretty good!  Soreness was gone yesterday, the only thing lingering is this foot pain I was having before the marathon.  Hoping it will just choose to go away one day kind of like my posterior tibial tendonitis did.

spike - I sort of wish my parents would spend more $$ on my kids because all they want is electronics now but yeah, for a 2 year old I think you are fine to call the shots.

bermy - at first I thought you were asking me if I was still breastfeeding DD2 overnight and I'm like uh, no, she's 8.  She almost never wakes overnight and when she does she just lets out some happy yells and eventually falls back to sleep so we very rarely have to do anything.  We are pretty fortunate, I know some families deal with multiple night wakings and health problems where they are in and out of hospitals.  As bad as I sometimes think things are, I know they could always be worse.  I'm pretty sure living in Minnesota will force me to go short for a while, I'm not sure how much running I will be able to do in the snow and I doubt I'd want to go long on the TM!  But I am hoping to keep it up with the base I've built marathon training!!

BermyHorse

arm - ha ha, no I meant nursing as in, medical care. That's great that she is settled overnight. How is the mall of america? Am jealous!

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- Would you send me an FB message or email me a pic of the topper so I can recommend the best technique to use to finish the quilt? I'm off work in 5 minutes, going for a run, then picking up R and can get back to you in a couple hours. We could do a FB chat or skype if you want.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

BermyHorse

spike - sure! GO GO GO do your Friday afternoon things and enjoy. Sewing totally can wait.