Womens Running

(Over 40) where is everyone weekend (Read 18 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Seems some haven't checked in in awhile. Hope they are doing okay!

Got the house cleaned last night, laundry and irining dine.  Now off to run. Puppy pool later.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

12.1. Now we are at the puppy pool

Marjorie

Hi everyone!  I've been a little AWOL lately.  No reason in particular... feeling a little blah, down about work, trying to figure out how to get out of this job and into another one.   DH hasn't traveled as much so it's been nice just hanging out together.  I've cut back running to 25 miles per week plus two PowerBoost classes, which I think are helping me in the strength department.  I did a trail run last Sunday and felt stronger running it than the prior month.  Promised a friend that we'd go to the Sonoma County Fair with her & family today (but would kinda rather just hang out at home, but that's okay).  DH and I will go for a short run this morning before heading out for the fair, then a longer run tomorrow.  Had my first board meeting for my running club on Wednesday.  It went well -- got through our agenda, made some decisions, felt productive, seems to be a good mix of personalities.

Hi Marjorie.  Nice domestic cross training last night.  Have fun at puppy pool.

Just a couple of random thoughts from earlier in the week:

Tessa, I know you're continuing to deal with DH issues so sending you more thoughts and prayers.

Lisa, I saw that your knee was perhaps maybe not bugging you quite as much so hopefully that means good healing progress.

Karen, noticed some awesome pics of you running strong and sounds like the finish snafu got resolved.  Nice award!

BBL to catch up with everyone else!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

LC Runs

Good morning and Happy Saturday Smile

Marjorie - nice 12.1.  You can come clean my house if you want lol

Gatsby - hi there!!  Sounds like a good workout plan.  I have recently added a cardio/weight class to my routine, am really liking it, just had to get past the DOMS from the first class, could hardly walk for a couple of days.  I can also relate to the job situation, I am hoping to get a job I interviewed for earlier this week.  I do know they called my references so that's a good sign.

6.5 miles this morning, followed by Fusion class (changed clothes in between ha ha).  Came home and colored my hair.  I need to get some cleaning done, as well, but it's such a nice day.  DS and BF are fishing, so I should take the other kids somewhere to enjoy the outdoors.  Ha, will think of something this afternoon!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Gatsby hope you find something. I know law is hard to find opopenings

Just did several hours of yard work. Was one of those you get so drippy sweaty yuck you can't wait to shower. But it looks nice. All this rain my roses have gone crazy. They needed trimmed way back. And of course so did all the shrubs and other plants.

Laura I would come clean if I was closer

Marjorie

Bikerchick1

Marjorie -nice 12....I agree, there have been that haven't checked in for awhile Sad

LCRns - I am not doing the crim, we headed out for vacation.  your fusion class sounds fun!

Gatsbybird - Have a good time at the fair.  Glad you checked in!

Met with RB's this am 3 of us did 16....yikes the last 2 were ugly for me.  It warmed up and I don't think I drank enough,  this marathon training takes up so much time, not sure there is another one in my future for awhile.

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

After not running since Monday, I ran a 5K this morning. It was put on as a fundraiser by the soccer league that DS1 and DS2 play for and was run around the fields and a bit through the woods. It wasn't a great performance - I fell apart the last mile - but not horrible, considering how little I've run the last several weeks. My 28:43 was good enough to get me third in my AG. I have to say, though, that it left me feeling way more drained than a 5K should. I think I might have some hormonal stuff going on that is making me feel really zapped.

The two older boys did the 1-mile obstacle course and had run.

Marjorie - I did a bit of yard work earlier this week, and it left me very stinky.

Karen - I loved both the race report and the pics!

Lisa - glad the knee is feeling a bit better.

Tessa - I'm sorry your DH has landed back in the hospital. I hope your race went well.

Gatsby and Laura - I've been missing my classes at the Y this summer. I'm looking forward to getting back to them once the kids go back to school.

Carol - enjoy your vacation. Are you going somewhere fun?

Off to get some sleep.

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

A good day today.  Ran 4.7 with DH then drove up to visit a friend.  DH and friend's husband went to the fair with their 2y/o while friend and I drank margaritas.  Then DH and I visited my dad on the way home and BBQ'd steak.  Now I'm eating M&Ms.  Supposed to do 15 miles tomorrow but maybe I should do more to work off the caloric intake from today!

LC, I think I felt DOMS for the entire first month when I started the classes.  That's how I know it was necessary, and working, hopefully.  If the employer is calling your references, that's a very good sign.

Marjorie, I love working in the yard.  But I bet I wouldn't love doing it quite as much in your weather.

Carol, great job on the 16.  Even if the last 2 miles were a slog, you still got it done.  I know that I need to work on fueling and hydrating better on long runs.  I hydrate and fuel plenty when not running, ha ha.

Cindy, nice AG award!  Especially if you haven't been running much lately.  An obstacle course for the kids is a great idea, sounds like fun.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

ginnyb

It is pretty bad when on Sunday morning I am already dreading work tomorrow.

Oh well.....I did run 12.14 miles this morning and felt pretty good.  I still do not feel strong the last few miles.  Don't know what else to do to fix that problem.

Tessa...hope you had a good race and things are going okay for you.

Lisa...continuing to improve?

Marjorie....are you sore after all the yard work?

Gatsby, Laura, Carol......Hi to you, and hope you are having a nice weekend.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

LC Runs

Hi Ladies!

5 miles with my friend Holly this morning.  I initially planned on doing a longer run by myself but could not get motivated to go.  So, I sent her a text and she was just getting ready to leave for her own solo run, so we combined forces.  Smile  I 'may' go out later for a few miles, but most likely not  ha ha. We'll see.  I have a 10 mile race in 3 weeks so need to get a double digit run in next weekend.

Marjorie - I did end up getting my house cleaned yesterday lol, but....I could use some help with the yard ha ha!

Carol - great 16!  Will miss you at the Crim.  I wasn't sure I was going to sign up this year, I like the race but not the crowd.  But, it's a nice weekend to spend with BF's family so that was my motivation.  His sister n law is running the 5k.

Cindy - nice job on the 5k!   I haven't done one in a while, either. I really haven't raced much at all this summer, I've kind of enjoyed the break

Gatsby - that sounds like a great day, awesome that the dad's took the kid and you got some quality time with your GF!

Ginny - great mileage today!!  I am with you, I start thinking about work with dread as soon as I wake up on Sunday, it used to be I had until Sunday evening to worry about it.  Ugh

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

20.4 for me.

I almost didn't run. But realized I really did want to run. Decided to stick close to the house since it was later than I had wanted so I could easily come in if I got too hot or needed water. Worked out well.

Gatsby, I'm use to the heat so it isn't too bad. I should have put on tech cloths but I did okay. Oh m&ms. I love them but sugar isn't agreeable so none for me.

Cindy,hmmm it really could be hormonal if you feel that zapped. Make sure they test iron and thyroid  congrats on the AG award

Ginny no soreness with the yard work. It takes a lot more to get me sore. Wonder if core work would help you feel stronger on your last few miles?  I know it made tons of difference for me.

Laura yard work is like therapy for me. Not mowing but all the other stuff in the beds etc. growing up we spent tons of time doing yard stuff and gardening so it is just part of me now.

Marjorie

Looks like we're holding down the fort this weekend!  15.5 long run with DH this morning then yard work in the afternoon while DH puttered around in the garage doing car projects.

Ginny, I know what you mean about waking up on Sunday feeling dread about work on Monday.  Very unfair when works creeps into the weekend that way.  Almost as bad as dreaming about work.

LC, good job on getting out for 5 today even though you weren't feeling up for a LR.  Perfect timing on getting ahold of your friend so you could run together.   Guessing that you didn't go out for any more miles later?  Wink

Marjorie, you mentioned core work to Ginny.  I'm hoping the core work from my powerboost classes will help me feel stronger on long runs.  I think my legs could be stronger too so hopefully the squats and lunges and whatnot will help there.   Those M&Ms are still calling to me.... I wish I found sugar less agreeable...

Back to the salt mines tomorrow.  But BART (public transit train system) will probably be on strike tomorrow so I'm planning on working from home.  Yay!

Anonymous Guest

Quick check in after a long, tiring drive home. Horrible horrible traffic, not something you want to deal with for 9 hours post-marathon! But I'm home. Race was a lot of fun - will do RR tomorrow.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel