Womens Running

Thinking Of Thursday (Over 40) (Read 222 times)

Good Morning!  Quick 4 miles this morning.  Cold here!  Low 30s but I was bundled up well ----the biggest challenge is just getting out of bed on a cold morning! 

Welcome Katepups!

Linda--ouch!  Hope you are ok--no pain?

Computer nerd came and did some of the IT stuff for me yesterday but I have to reconnect everything for the new computer.  I can do it, just don't want to....whine whine whine......

Will skip the pilates class today for some commissary cross training--out of dog chow!

Have a great day!

Arimathea

Tessa

Judy, that does get annoying when the produce goes bad quickly. I have taken it back and complained when the “use by” date was a week in the future and it was already slimy.

Ginny, sit down right now and count all the halfs you have done and put in the times if you can remember them or if you can get the information off the internet. Start an Excel spreadsheet. I wish I had records of some of the races I did in the 1980s.

Marjorie, silly Hammy to spit out half the pain pill! (Did you save it for next time or toss it?) I think cats are even worse than dogs. You can shove that pill so far down the cat’s throat that you would swear it was a suppository and the cat will still go “ptooey!” and spit it on the floor.

Lisa, I love those donut socks. Do they have others?

Camille, not sure I could stop at a mile unless I was with a newbie or I was really short on time. More power to you though for getting out there at all!

Laura, it’s never a bad time to start a running streak!

Julie, not sure if the GPS will register track miles, but it’s worth a try. Or does it have a lap counter? I have a very basic Timex and it says it has a 10 lap counter. (Not that I have ever used it.) Still giggling about the guy at the gym who was on the TM for about 30 minutes and then complained that the TM said he had done 2.5 miles but his GPS hadn’t registered the mileage. I don’t think he understood that the GPS calculates your position in relationship to a satellite and since the TM is stationary the GPS thinks you are too.

Hi katepups1970, welcome, glad to see you delurk!

Julia, cute mug! (But I’m not sure you should be posting mug shots here…*chortle*) Sorry, California needs every drop of rain it can get, and Texas and Colorado are in line as well, but if some makes it over to you, you are welcome to it.

Linda, hope your knee is undamaged.

AmyDel, only half a bottle of wine? That’s not bad. Have you seen the glasses Costco is selling? 20 ounce wineglasses. A 750 ml bottle is 25.4 ounces, so one wineglass is 4/5 of the bottle…

Nice pacing, too!

Karen, sometimes asking is the only way to find out. Glad you were told the secrets of the Garmin records.

And I would say that if you visit the inlaws in mid-December you certainly can get away with not going again for Christmas itself.

Amy, you can call it christened, or how about “renamed” or “reinvented”? But if/once he graduates you will be the mom of a Tar Heel alumnus in perpetuity.

Susan, with the amount your dogs eat I would say that buying dog chow is heavy lifting. 50 lb bags?

And the radio really insulted me this morning. Not only did the alarm go off at oh-dark-thirty, but the song on the 24-hour holiday channel was “God Rest You Merry, Gentlemen”. Something is really wrong there. 4.2 this morning with running neighbour, it was sprinkling but not cold. Took her on another route she's never been on before. Not a bad run except as we were coming back we pressed the crosswalk signal to cross the freeway onramp and waited, both of us in bright clothes, under a streetlight, me with reflective vest and blinky light, and some jerk in a pickup truck turned left onto the freeway as soon as the light changed without even registering that the crosswalk was showing the little green man meaning a ped is crossing. I’m afraid some rather bad language was thrown his way. (Aside: why is it an insult to call someone a dickhead when that’s often the part of his anatomy he’s proudest of?) No lunch run since this is my company’s afternoon to volunteer at the food pantry, but I think that counts as cross training -- we've done it before and what we will be doing is packing bags of food for seniors and families with children, so it's a lot of lifting and bending and repetitive work.

Happy runs!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I did 10 again today. This will be a big month with miles. That is for sure. I need to read and will be back too. Kinda liking our new digs here on RA. I plan on sticking around these parts!

Marjorie

Linda

Thanks for the kind words.  The knee is something that I am just going to have to live with for a while.  It isn't new, it just is bothering me more than usual.  I have osteoarthritis in both knees, but most severe in the right.  I am, also, pretty sure I have a small meniscus tear in the right.  the meniscus business is completely undiagnosed, just what I think.  At some point, I'll have to do something about this, but I am hoping to have a little more time.

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Back for a quick check in.

Welcome, Katepups! I think you will like our little group.

Tessa -- do not say IF!!!! That boy is graduating! And on time (I hope).

Linda -- I have osteoarthritis in both knees also, but (knock wood) no pain or discomfort . I have had meniscus tears in both knees as well and have had surgical repairs (right knee, 2006; left knee, 2010). It might be worth your while to get a diagnosis and a treatment. I believe Tessa has also had meniscus surgery.

Well, I am home now for my lunch. Need to fold laundry and then back to the office to get ready for a 4:30 meeting.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Lisa marie sorry your DD is alergic to dogs.  I just love my 2.  As everyone here can attest, I talk about them ALL. THE. TIME.

Julie, yes you are eally bitten by that running bug!  We give Hammy his pills in a pill pocket thing.  Never been an issue and easier than jamming them down his throat.  Especially since it is usually his upper back or neck that hurt him so trying to do a jam the pills in the throat and not make him hurt more would be really hard.  He must have bitten into the pill or something as it was odd to find just half of it.  We just threw it away.  He hasn't needed any more pain pills and he has a bunch plus it had been laying on the floor.  So yuck.

Tessa I giggle when I read that you were laughing when you were running.  I be you did get some great looks.

Welcom Kate!  Glad to have you. 

Julia hope you got a good exchange and got out without spending too much more.

Laura Hammy had a flare up of pain earlier this week.

Camille I didn't know you were doing an exercise streak.  Good luck.

Amy Del DH is doing fine.  His voice is still a bit off from being ill but he feels fine.  Glad your foot is better!

Amy THM that is so great you do meals on wheels.

Judy produce we get from our favorite store seems to last a lot longer.  If we go to our second choice closer to home it never does.  So we drive the extra 5 miles.  I think they get their stuff more frequently and it isn't as old when they get it and or turn around is faster.

Ginny I don't envy the inservice.

Marjorie

Marjorie

Julie_D

Fire Jumper

Hello all,

I decided to follow the "if it's above your neck rule."   Thank you Karen.  I enjoyed my run.  Actually, new RB couldn't meet me at the track, so I entertained myself with fartleks.  I love doing that!  It feels so powerful.  I must admit that it is a tiny bit intimidating when the college students are running a full 200m fartlek (one lap), and mine is like 50m.  I was just hoping they didn't notice me... lol

Julia - My GPS was a bust.  So, I have to go manual.  jeeze... do I have to do EVERYTHING??  lol    And, I'm going to look for bungee laces.  It will keep me from being so worried that my laces are going to come untied.  I have this fear of being the person who very UNgracefully ends up arse over teakettle because of laces Wink

Linda - ouch!  I'm glad it seems okay!

AJ - woo hoo on the 4 at even pace!  

Karen - I can't wait to hear how you do in your half!  Goal races are so much fun! (who am I fooling... I like every race right now!)  How did that "discussion" with the boss go? lol

Sue - haha... commissary cross training.

Tessa - my GPS thingy on my iPhone doesn't have a lap counter.  So, I'll guess I'll just have to abstain from my need for geek and simply run for time.  

Marjorie - awesome on the high miles this month.  Maybe one day for me.    And yep... I'm so bitten by the race bug.  I think I'm going to actually have to set a race budget for myself.  This can get expensive! 

G'nite all.  Tomorrow is a core day.  Love my trainer (most of the time!).

Julie

5K's and Obstacle Runs

Goal for 2013:  10K

Icebreaker Challenge 5K, Girls on the Run 5K, Friehofer's Run for Women 5K, Hero Rush, Warrior Dash Florida, Warrior Dash Eastern NY, Turkey Trot,  Mud Mania, and yet-to-be-decided goal 10K.