Womens Running

Labor Day Mondays! (DAILIES) (Read 21 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

6.8 miles with 5 x 6 minutes at HM effort. Not a smart idea to try that at 4pm. Each interval got a little slower and I stopped the last one early. I was running into a hot wind & got chills, so knew I needed to end the effort ASAP.

DHuffman, that sucks you got sick after all that driving for the race. 24 miles on the treadmill, wow!

AnonymousGuest, congrats on the master's win!

Docket, is the race you did supposed to be a Boston qualifier? I'm guessing no since they had so few entrants. But I can't imagine not having the bus ride cut things so close to the start. I think 8000 feet will impact you--my in laws used to live at about that and I got winded just walking around.

Worked a half day from home and was pretty productive so I should be a little less stressed later this week.  Hopefully.  SRD today, doing a few easy miles before work tomorrow.  Have a dermatologist appointment tomorrow after work, oh joy.  My Dad and brother have both had small melanomas removed so I figured I'd better go get checked out.  The curse of Irish genes and pale skin and being outdoors a lot.  

DHuff, I'm sorry to hear about the stomach snafu over the weekend.  So frustrating!

Lizzie, when I make coffee at home, I always make it half strength (half-caff) since I drink so much of it.  Not coincidentally, I have a pretty high tolerance for caffeine and it rarely keeps me up.    Good thought on adding core work to help with downhill running.

Kat, jealous of your storms.  We won't see rain here until October.  Clever girl making some $$ on stuff you aren't using!

Damaris, enjoy the "cool" temps.

Turtles, the running eval sounds interesting.  I did that many years ago at the UC San Francisco sports clinic but would like to do it again some day, now that I know more.

Karen, good thoughts on training for downhill running.  I was afraid you'd say strength training...   No, actually I've been doing the Quick Strength for Runners workouts again and figured I should add some extra squats and lunges.  Working on downhill form is a good suggestion too.  Thanks!

Seloc, so did you end up going down to the trails by the river?  Excited to see you for realz in April at Glass City!  Kudos to you and the others who will be training in, ahem, less than ideal conditions leading up to April.

Ginny, I see Karen gave you the Glass City discount code.  Did you sign up?  It's going to be fun!

Tessa, names beginning with "N" for the kitties?  How about a mix of musical genres: Nina (SImone), Nicki (Minaj), Nick (Jonas), Natalie (Merchant), Nancy (Sinatra)

HCK, I know what you mean about getting chills on a hot run.  Sometimes I get goose bumps too.  For me it means major dehydration.

Have a great week!

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

6.8 miles with 5 x 6 minutes at HM effort. Not a smart idea to try that at 4pm. Each interval got a little slower and I stopped the last one early. I was running into a hot wind & got chills, so knew I needed to end the effort ASAP.

DHuffman, that sucks you got sick after all that driving for the race. 24 miles on the treadmill, wow!

AnonymousGuest, congrats on the master's win!

Docket, is the race you did supposed to be a Boston qualifier? I'm guessing no since they had so few entrants. But I can't imagine not having the bus ride cut things so close to the start. I think 8000 feet will impact you--my in laws used to live at about that and I got winded just walking around.

HCK, it was certified and a BQ, which made it a bit more puzzling.  Also, no mats during the race (although apart from hopping on a car and go down the canyon, hard to cut the course).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

How about running in those wheelie shoes and using those to go fast on the downhills?

Docket_Rocket

How about running in those wheelie shoes and using those to go fast on the downhills?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Kilmisters

<delete>

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris