Womens Running

Almost Thursday (over 40) Done with Wed! (Read 18 times)

camille2

It's Thursday most places and I'm pretending it is here.  I leave next week and I'm just done with sorting stuff  today. I've been deciding what to take, what to store in car, storage closet, garage, and also washing RV and RV contents. Tonight I put the dirty plastic refrig door trays from  RV in the dishwasher.   I noticed as I unloaded them they're not very white anymore, but kind of mottled/stained.  As I checked closer, I  noticed they're stamped (white on white), "Hand wash."  Uh--oh.  I'll try bleaching them tomorrow. Otherwise, mottled gray is a nice color, right?.  At that point, I decided to catch up on personals rather than continue working.  Any excuse, eh?

Judy, I thought of you on my run today. I'm so glad you're still running faithfully. Some days I feel old and wonder if I'll be able to keep it up another year. Thanks for your good example!

LC, congrats on first female!  Wow!  You and Sue are rocking the races.

Sue, I'm sorry about your friend.  It sounds like she was doing everything right.

Lisa, bummer on the hip pain.

Tessa, good to have you back!  Thanks for info on WW scales.

Ginny, I'll look forward to race pics of you and family!  I love races DD attends.

DR, nice 7. Hope your run tonight went ok.

Shadow, good luck with the shoe quest.  I read recently that it's good to rotate shoes and it sounds like you do.  It's hard for me to find a wide  toe box so when I get a shoe that works, I tend to stick with it thru several pair. May need to change that.

Karen, happy anniversary.  We miss you here!

I ran 6.25 at noon on the Coastal Tr. under clear and chilly conditions. Beautiful place and I felt OK, but I wondered how I ever did 20 more.  Kudos to you wonder women who are still doing so many miles!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Camille2, I definitely am good about my shoe rotation. I think it has kept me running longer.

Crazysue, I’m so sorry about the loss of your runner friend. How amazing that she was able to run after the hip replacement.

Arimathea, you are such an amazing runner. The poundage sounds like it is really necessary.

Wednesday was 35 minutes on the track, then 35 minutes at home with a newer cardio DVD again. It seems to work well, so I may buy it. The soreness from intervals is almost gone…you know that funny feeling that is kinda weird but not hurting…like the muscles trying to decide exactly what to do where?

I get that when I’m almost ready to try it again. Like today after a lighter track run. Coach is supposed to appear.

"Out to eat" was a bowl of Panera vegetable soup and a section of French bread. Yum. Is a bread bowl of soup what I saw served in the bigger bowl, I wonder? I haven’t tried it yet.

Today will be a track run and then cardio. Out to eat after that.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Off to Chicago today. East West East West. At least Detroit is in the middle of Chicago and New York.

Camille- I bet your run was beautiful.

Judy-soup in a bread bowl sounds good. I love their black bean soup.

Lisa

Had a decaf cappucino last night and of course I was up and down all night.  Ugh.  Got up and ran w Jeffrey anyway.  Glad I did.  Had a good run--loving these cooler temps.  I do need a nap though.

Judy--I love Panera Bread!!

Marjorie--hope you found a safe place to run.  Does your hotel have a treadmill?

Have a great day!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I had a horrible 6 yesterday after a very busy day at work.  Some asthma issues today too.  11 with 4 at MP and 4 from MP to HMP.  3 more tonight after Pilates.  Glad I split the run because my breathing is not good.

Lisa, hope the pain in the ass is nothing major.  Enjoy Chicago.

Tessa, hi!  Thanks for the birthday wishes.

Camille, haha, I feel the same about work.

Judy, I love the Panera soups. I have ordered the bread bowl and it's the same amount of soup (if not a tad less).

Sue, sorry about the insomnia issues.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Morning all, been trying to keep up with you guys but haven't been able to post the last few days. Haven't been able to run either, so that makes it easier to not post. On Tuesday I walked into the office building at 6:30 a.m. and walked out at 11:00 p.m. At least I was staying at the hotel across the street M-W so I didn't have to spend another two hours a day commuting. Got home at a decent time yesterday, but instead of running, I took a nap. Starting to feel human again, so I will run tonight after work.

Tessa, eep indeed! I shall be the most well-rested double marathoner around that weekend. I'm hoping to run at least 10 miles on Saturday (Cody's Crew 5K on Sunday that I am NOT racing all out) and then doing my club's metric marathon (26.2K so around 16.3 miles) the following weekend. And then it's the double weekend already!

camille, I can't believe it's time for you to leave already! How did fall get here so quickly?

Laura, congrats on first female, that is awesome!

Susan, I'm very sorry about your friend. Bike-car accidents are tough to accept, and it seems like they have been happening way too much lately.

Judy, from yesterday, I have a few extra pounds right now, but I don't think they are helping me. I do better without them.

Lisa, have fun in Chicago.

I'm excited. My young (28) coworker that has started running (partly because I inspire her, she says) that lives over in Virginia signed up for Cody's Crew 5K this weekend. She did the Navy 5 miler a few weeks ago and is signed up for the MCM 10k. She says she's slowly building up to maybe a half marathon but that's it, and I keep telling her that's how it starts... I'm proud of her though. At the Spring Meeting, her coping mechanism was drinking a lot and I worried about her because the boss rarely drinks and I didn't want her to do something stupid. At this meeting, she didn't drink at all the first night and only had a glass of wine at dinner the second night because she's running to help the stress instead of drinking.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, good for your coworker. Running instead of drinking -- better for the wallet, the weight, and the liver! Not to mention the work image. Sorry you have been so busy.

Lisa, how's that pain in the patoozie? (No, not a family member. The one you got climbing over trees.) And Chicago is NOT West. Here is West!

Marjorie, how annoying not to be able to run from the hotel.

Laura, TM in September? Yikes.

Camille, sorry about the trays -- I hate things that can't be put in the dishwasher.

Judy, hope the run goes well. And watch those bread bowls. That's a lot of calories.

Susan, decaf keeps you up all night? Wow. Good for you for getting up and running anyway.

Damaris, take care of that asthma.

No run this morning, I slept instead. Sort of. Cats wanted attention. I shall go to the gym at lunch.

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

I went out for my first run in a week, 3.6 miles. The shins are better but not as good as I had hoped after a week off. Fingers crossed that they hold up. I have a 30K this weekend, and I don't feel like I can skip another long run.

Damaris - can you send me that shin splint rehab routine from RWOL? I thought I had it somewhere, but I can't track it down. My email address is ckern18 at aol dot com.

BBL for personals - I have to hop on a conference call.

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Hobby Jogger Especial!

Good morning all. Had a nice 3 mile run with my dog this morning. It was a warm 70f.

Tried my new Merrell Bare Access Ultra shoes today.  FAIL.  They were nice except they had a built up arch that irritated me. Fortunately, I got them at REI so I can return them. I ended up ordering a pair of Altra One2 in men's size to see if that will do the trick. I do like the One2, so hopefully, that will be my new running shoe love.

Camille - such a busy lady. Glad you were able to get a nice run in.

Judy - sounds like some good workouts

Lisa - safe travels

Sue - sorry to hear about the rough night. I can empathize, I don't sleep very well on a regular basis.

Docket - too bad about the bad run. Hopefully tonight will be better.

Batgirl - thats a long day working! Good on you for inspiring your co-worker!

Arimathea - I love pet snuggles in the a.m.

Cindy - sorry to hear the shins haven't had much improvement.  Have you been working on your calves? Maybe calf sleeves will help. You might want to check this site out.  He has some good advice and videos that may help:

http://sock-doc.com/?s=shin+splints

runlikeagirl18

Bah. I typed personals to everyone and the site ate my post. Here are the highlights:

Damaris - asthma bad.

Camille - trail run good.

Judy - Panera good.

Lisa - will you run around the lake?

Karen - busy week.

Tessa - extra sleep good.

Shadow - I do wear compression socks when my shin splints flare up.

Off to supervise homework. Have a good night.

Cindy

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Cindy, sent!

Shadow, thanks.  This morning's run was better and I hit all the paces.  Tonight, it felt even better but the Pilates instructor noticed I wasn't breathing well.  Oh, well, it shall pass.  Ugh at the shoes!

Damaris

Tessa- Chicago IS west of Detroit.

Damaris- sorry about the rough run last night.

Karen- WTG on getting coworker running. We need to get that world back in its orbit with you running.

Tessa- pain in butt has mysteriously disappeared. I spent 15 minutes this morning rolling and stretching. Guess it's not much of a mystery.

Shadow- sorry the shoes didn't work out. Love REI for the return policy though.

Cindy- I shall run along the lake but around Lake Michigan would be a bit much.

Sue-surprised that a decaf would keep you up.

Judy- went to a Spanish restaurant and had black bean soup. Yum!

Lisa

runlikeagirl18

Lisa - lol. I did, of course, mean along and not around. That would be quite a feat!

Cindy

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

My stomach rebelled so no run. I didn't know if I'd make it to the center I felt so bad. But it finally got better.  I wish I knew why it did this sometimes.

Home tomorrow.

Hope Lisa your pain is better

congrats Laura

safe travels back Camille

Sue I will not run on the treadmill. I will run circles in a parking lot first. Seems worse to some but not to me.

Tessa it is annoying no sidewalk.   I adapt. My stomach didn't. And I didn't eat different. I have my own food. Nothing different. Sigh. Just how my body is sometimes.

Marjorie