Womens Running

Spring is here WEEKENDS (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

Kilmisters

Just hopping in to say - woo, playoffs! I had a good sleep and decided to skip my run yesterday to get legs rested.

Karen, no worries - playoff season doesn't end in another 3 weeks..! I am planning a 13-miler @ Apr27, btw.  I won't realistically be able to get any LRs in during the season anymore (and longest I have ran lately is 8mi), after the season -1 week before the race - is already too late, so basically my only hope to not die out there will be current floorball ''workouts''. Oh well.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Good Morning!! Running rest day for me, but I am going to head over to a Body Pump class around 10:15.

I could not sleep past 6:30 this morning. I just kinda laid there - I think I am excited about my first day tomorrow Smile

We were busy yesterday with errands and we also went to HCF nieces softball game for a little while. We bought our wedding bands!! It was a harder decision than we thought. Actually, HCF had a harder time than me Smile He can never make a decision - haha. But, its done!

Not much going on today. We will see where the day takes us! Going to be beautiful - 70's!

Run4kupcakes - Yay for sleep!

Margaret - Congrats on a fantastic race yesterday! It sounds like maybe it was better because it was full of mud Smile Congrats on the 2nd in AG! A great day! Smile

Tessa - Nice miles yesterday! Costco on a Saturday does not sound fun. We went to Sam’s and it was awful. You reminded me I need to get my oil changed!

Kilmisters - GOOD LUCK TODAY!!!

Happy Sunday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 14 miles (on the TM because the cold front is gone).

Elina, good luck with the season!

Liz, glad the day has come and that you'll be starting the job!  Do you have to go to work tomorrow?  How many days will you work from home?  I am sure Ruger will be ecstatic.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Hi everybody. Been a meh week runningwise. Ran an awful awful awful 5 mile hill workout Tuesday so skipped my run Wednesday to rest my legs. Thursday's run was ok. Saturday's run went very well but when I got up today to do my long run I felt like I had nothing in me so skipped it too. I felt as though I wouldn't be able to run 2 feet.  So only 25 for the week. Hopefully I can get back on track this week. Twilight Zone is coming up so fast  ugh.

Karen and Margaret congratulations on your races. So awesome!!!!!!

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Gah, I missed Margaret's race.  Great job!

Lori, some weeks are like that, ugh.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LC Runs

8.2 this morning, I actually am beginning to feel like a runner again!  The only thing that was bad was I kept kicking my right ankle with my other foot and it hurts!  Not sure why that happens, tired legs??

Margaret - great race yesterday!!

Hi Judy!

Elina - enjoy your playoffs!

Lizzie - so, did you ever hear from your friend about lunch yesterday?

Damaris - have a good 14!

Lori - I'm sure this week will be a much better run week for you!

Not much going on today, I should do some organizing/cleaning...we'll see 

Half Crazy K 2.0

7 miles this morning. Still kinda sluggish.

GatsbyBird, congrats on the AG placement!

Kilmisters

We won the first game of series, yay! It ended 4:4 in regulation time, additional 10 minutes of overtime - no goals; then TEN post-game shootout attempts from each side managed to decide the winner. Insane. The game took 2.5hrs in total. Fun to retroactively see how many people were watching the Youtube live stream, the count exponentially growing as another and another and another few minutes hadn't decided the winner.

Game-winning save from our goalie. 

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Busy rest day! I mopped the floors, cleaned bathrooms, vacuumed and went to Body Pump all before noon! My body is tired - Smile HCF and I have been putting the final touches on my office and then we went to Home Depot and finally picked out our new floors. Someone is going to come measure on Tuesday. Hoping we can get them SOON!!! Smile Smile

Docket - I don’t have an office to go to except my own at home!! Smile I will have to travel to sites some, but from what my new boss was saying, only a few times a year. Some of my sites are a 4 hour drive so it would probably be overnight travel. I think I will get a better idea of the travel aspect after a few weeks. I am a little lost right now because, you know, on your first day of a new job you go into the office and meet people and start some training. Not really sure what to do tomorrow? I guess people will call me? IM me? Haha. We will see! Hope you have a good 14!

Lori - Sorry that your running hasn’t been going as well as you had hoped! You are still getting out there for the most part and getting the miles in. There is something to be said for that Smile Maybe you needed a rest week! Smile

Laura - Nice run today!!! I bet it felt good outside Smile OMG so that happens to me, too. I kick my right ankle hahaha. I figure I am kicking my own ass to get moving Smile No, really, I think its tired legs. I am usually dragging my feet about that time, too. NO, she never got back to me about lunch! IDK.

Run4kupcakes - Nice run. I bet you were in shorts and a tank! I saw our temp tomorrow morning is 54..guess I need to get my shorts and tank out!

Kilmisters - Congrats on the win!! Nice block by the goalie!!! Smile Smile I was trying to pick you out in that huge huddle.

Have a great evening!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

I would love that kind of work Liz. Smile

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Liz, have fun with the commute tomorrow. Do you have a workspace set up at home or are you working at the kitchen table? Will you still take Ruger to daycare some days? (Call it playcare rather than daycare!)

Elina, impressive. Those are such tough games when they go into overtime and then shootouts -- I guess that is the floorball equivalent of penalty kicks!

And after all that sewing, it turns out that DS and Dear Nephew do not need Faire garb, they are behind the scenes and so just wear black shirts, pants, aprons, and hats. Oh well. They now have full garb if they ever need a costume of some kind in a hurry, or if they come up to North Faire in the fall.

3.5 this morning before church. I wanted to do more but had no time.

Kilmisters

Liz, have fun with the commute tomorrow. Do you have a workspace set up at home or are you working at the kitchen table? Will you still take Ruger to daycare some days? (Call it playcare rather than daycare!)

Elina, impressive. Those are such tough games when they go into overtime and then shootouts -- I guess that is the floorball equivalent of penalty kicks!

And after all that sewing, it turns out that DS and Dear Nephew do not need Faire garb, they are behind the scenes and so just wear black shirts, pants, aprons, and hats. Oh well. They now have full garb if they ever need a costume of some kind in a hurry, or if they come up to North Faire in the fall.

3.5 this morning before church. I wanted to do more but had no time.

Exactly.