Womens Running

Finally feels like FALL WEEKENDS!! (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Just a quick sec before work.

Marjorie, happy Bday if you pop on here.

Lizzie, I never wanted kids, never even thought of them.  Never wondered about changing my mind.  Nice HCBF didn't shut the door on that subject.  You know, some men change their minds too...

And on the mowing, I already brought my neighbor a gift a couple of weeks ago for her garden as she has lots of cute things out there.  I don't think she drinks, I see her on her porch a lot without a drink - but with a cigarette.  (Don't think a carton of smokes is a good gift...)

OK, must shower and go.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Anonymous Guest

I feel yucky and hungover this morning and I don't even drink! I have a feeling several of my neighbors (and DH) are feeling yucky and hungover because there was a lot of drinking going on. Party was fun. I had DH take a pic and then stole a pic of all the ladies from a neighbor. I couldn't do fancy 1920s shoes and went with flip flops. They laughed when we got there, but several of them had to put their shoes back on for the group pic because their feet were killing them. I was not the murderer, I did not guess the murderer but nobody else did either. It was fun. DH took a bunch of pictures during the night but they are still on his phone and he got up for about 20 minutes and then went back to bed.

Yesterday afternoon my neighborhood did a Halloween party around the lake so we put Riley in his costume and walked him around. He will not be wearing the costume on Halloween now as he peed in it. We didn't get very good pictures, but here's one while I'm adding pics.

Heading out for 5 easy miles and will come back for personals. Computer is acting a little wonky so I'm just going to post these and run.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 12 miles tonight.

Tessa, nice run.  Sorry about the funeral.

Laura, enjoy the run!

Lizzie, feel better! I never wanted to have kids and never changed my mind.  Don't feel pressure and decide what YOU want, no matter how old you are.  I knew from when I was a kid that I didn't want any.

Marjorie, Happy Birthday!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Kat, have a great day!

Karen, you look great! Glad you had fun!

It's hard to write this with a fat cat over my hand, yo.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

dhuffman63

Trails

Well Hallozooeen was COLD.  I even had layers on.  GD was dressed up as a bear and was so adorable.  She was all smiles until around 8 pm which is past her bed time.  We left about then as I just could not take it anymore.

I don't regret my 2 but DH has never had any and he's happy with that.  We had a conversation once and I asked if he missed not having any (we met when DD was 10) and he said no but if we wanted to we could adopt and that would be better.  I'm at the point now where I want to do what I want.  I did my best and raised DD as well as I could.  She seems to b happy.

Karen maybe he didn't like his costume and peeing in it was his way of expressing himself.  You all look fantastic.  Glad you had fun.

I'll just do a Margaret type fly by...lol.  Have a nice rest of weekend.

Kilmisters

Fly-by before inevitable ''could happen any second'' falling asleep on the couch. Decided to visit BIL and go for a run in the capital. Wwweeell.. It was sunny when I started, but then... Out of nowhere, mixture of hail and downpour (on-off-on-off all the time) and don't even get me started on the stupid decision to include two bridges (which meant quite a climb)... All while K was comfortably sleeping under the ''cover'' of running stroller... Got back, hot shower, and just fell asleep in a chair. Thankfully K kept sleeping too Smile It was supertough but worth it. A total of 10k, but felt like a HM Big grin

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Wow!!! What a weekend!!!

Yesterday did a Halloween Du with my running  buddies.  2 mile run + 11 mile ride + 2 mile run along beautiful Bay St Louis, MS.  IT WAS SOOOOO COLD!!!!!!!!  OMG!!  For us thin blooded types, 42F  + wind is tooo cooolllddd!!  I had a good race, 1st in my AG!

Finished sewing the church banner just in time....

BF had a surprise --- sunset engagement cruise! We sailed on a schooner in the MS Sound off Biloxi Bay.  All the kids were there, plus a few friends.  It was very nice, but we were so cold!!  I knew it was coming(bc he can't keep a secret),  just didn't know the details.  He announced it at church this morning and one of the church ladies said, "Well, it's about time!" and everyone laughed.

Damaris--smart.  13 degree incline is dangerous.  I would hurt for weeks if I did that.

Tessa--awe....too bad they sorta bungled the funeral.

My boss sent me an email asking about work after lunch today (Sunday).  I'm not opening it.  She's really been on my ass.

Fiance has to have a pacemaker put in Thursday. She told me I would have to work on the weekend and evenings to make up my work.

Seriously???

Later!!!

LC Runs

5 miles for me, I didn't go until about 10 am and the sun was shining so it wasn't bad out.  Ugh I sure don't look forward to the snow; hopefully we can make it until December for anything significant.  They are calling for snowflakes mid week.

Lizzie - sorry about the cold, I hate being sick.  Hopefully you got some good rest today and maybe you can WFH tomorrow.  Exciting about the new baby!  I used to get my nails done pre kids.  I polish them occasionally but that's about it.  I made DD pay for the manicure, I can't afford to pay for that stuff especially if she wants to do it regularly.  LOL on the soccer!  Yes, there are some crazy parents out there that just go bonkers even when their kids are little.  I think baseball/softball is worse, though (at least around here). Glad my kids don't play anymore.

Marjorie - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Karen - you look adorable!  Riley is so cute in his costume, I LOLd with your comment that he peed on it ha!!  I got our doggie a cowboy hat and bandanna costume, he wore it a couple of weeks ago when we went camping, so funny because he doesn't know what to do with the hat on, he kind of just freezes!

Kat - hope you had a good day at work, I do NOT want to go in tomorrow!

Damaris - how was the 12?

Diane - glad you and GD had fun despite the cold temps!

Elina - wow, that sounds like a tough run, great job!  Glad you got in a nap

Sue - CONGRATULATIONS!!!  OMG your boss is a witch!

Half Crazy K 2.0

9 yesterday, 4 today in the rain.

Lizzie, hope you feel better.

AnonymousGuest, I love the costumes. Maybe Riley was marking his turf with the costume?

Docket, no way to the 13%. I can feel my achilles and calf muscles cringing.

Kilmisters, wow, 10k?

CrazySue, congratulations! And your boss sounds awful.

Arimathea

Tessa

Happy birthday Marjorie if you get on here!

Susan, congratulations! Sunset cruise sounds like a nice way to pop the question. Your boss is a cow.

Karen, like the costume. Sorry Riley peed in his. (At least you didn't do that in yours...)

Liz, hmm, sounds like things are developing quite a bit for you and HCBF.

Re the pumpkin seeds, I usually wash, drain, then fry in a bit of cooking oil. Frankly, it's too hot to have the oven on if we don't have to.

Diane, DGD's costume sounds adorable!

Kat, then something baked, or a plant, I agree that a carton of smokes is not a great pressie.

4 this morning before early church.

And heard another bit of the saga of the fiasco funeral yesterday. The ashes were interred in the little memorial garden outside the church. There are no individual plots or niches, there's a bed of plants (about 10 x 10, think the size of a small bedroom) with a tree in the middle, walkway around the bed, fountain at one side and more plants in beds between the walk and the walls.  I wasn't directly behind the son and the priest, but what was reported by a couple of the women in the choir is that the hole for the ashes had already been dug. Priest instructed son to open the box and place the ashes in the hole, then everyone who wished could take a trowelful of soil and cover them. Son opened the box and squatted down to pour the ashes in. Let's just say that a) he's fairly generously built (think potato on legs) and b) the shirt he was wearing could have used a longer tail. Much longer. He should also have worn a belt. This was the plumber's butt to end all plumber's butts. One of the women behind him said "where's an ice cube when you really need one?" They had a hard time maintaining a suitably reverent and solemn expression. Glad I was not standing near them because I would have probably come down in fits of giggles.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Another quickie, I'm pooped.

Karen, LOVE the dress.  You look fab.  I love Riley's expression looking at you.

Sue, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Have a great evening all.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Wow!!! What a weekend!!!

Yesterday did a Halloween Du with my running  buddies.  2 mile run + 11 mile ride + 2 mile run along beautiful Bay St Louis, MS.  IT WAS SOOOOO COLD!!!!!!!!  OMG!!  For us thin blooded types, 42F  + wind is tooo cooolllddd!!  I had a good race, 1st in my AG!

Finished sewing the church banner just in time....

BF had a surprise --- sunset engagement cruise! We sailed on a schooner in the MS Sound off Biloxi Bay.  All the kids were there, plus a few friends.  It was very nice, but we were so cold!!  I knew it was coming(bc he can't keep a secret),  just didn't know the details.  He announced it at church this morning and one of the church ladies said, "Well, it's about time!" and everyone laughed.

Damaris--smart.  13 degree incline is dangerous.  I would hurt for weeks if I did that.

Tessa--awe....too bad they sorta bungled the funeral.

My boss sent me an email asking about work after lunch today (Sunday).  I'm not opening it.  She's really been on my ass.

Fiance has to have a pacemaker put in Thursday. She told me I would have to work on the weekend and evenings to make up my work.

Seriously???

Later!!!

I saw it in FB.  OMG, congratulations!!!!!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

HuronHeart

Hi all,

Spent my weekend traveling from place to place and event to event.  Busy, busy.  Will have to get up early to get a few miles in the morning.

CrazySue, CONGRATULATIONS!  💍💕. Lol at church lady response. Sorry about your boss, she sounds awful.

LCruns, nice 6.3 and 5.  Weather sure was nice for running, wishing I could get out there for a few.  I’m not looking forward to snow either.

HC, great runs for you.

Arimathea, that is a crazy funeral saga.  Funniest part was forgetting the deceased.  Nice 15.7 but getting up at 5 on weekend sounds tougher than the run.  200+ miles, woo hoo

Kilisters, you make having a new baby look easy! Hard to believe you just had a baby and already back to running. Good for you!

dhuffman, hallozooeen sounds fun even if cold. DGDs bear costume sounds cute and toasty.

docket, hope you finished your 12 miles.  My TM only goes to 10% incline and that’s 9% more than I ever use. Although I probably should. 😃

Karen, that’s one tough murder mystery if no one guessed the murderer.  You and the group look great. Love your blingy dress.  Riley looks good too.

Lizzie, glad you had a great weekend with HCBF.  Lol at your emoji pumpkin. Hope you get feeling better. Colds can really sap energy.

Kats, kind of odd there was no visit/meeting with boss. I think your neighbor must like you if they help you out by mowing your lawn.

Ginny, your strength training sounds tough. As does your job. A little break in running may be in order.

We enjoyed our time at the family wedding. Wedding cake was delicious!  And a first for us, the wedding cake was also a gender reveal cake.😳 It’s a boy! My MIL is still trying to recover! Lol

HH-Kathy

Arimathea

Tessa

Kathy, that is a new one to me also -- wedding cake doubling as a gender reveal cake. At least that stops the "is she or isn't she pregnant?" debate that often comes along with a wedding.