Womens Running

Slow and Steady MONDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Thats what she said.

No, seriously...anticipating a slow week this holiday week! Lots of people taking time off which means-  less complaints. Smile

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Meh. I still hate Mondays, even though I am only at the office today and tomorrow (WFH and off Thursday and Friday).  I have 5 and weights tonight.  My migraine went away last night and ran my 8 and enjoyed the concert.

Liz, less complaints is good.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

9 miles for me. Abs tonight.

I am patting myself on the back for this one. 76/74 dewpoint. A "feel like" temperature of 86. UGH. Honestly, it wasn't that bad. I slowed my pace about 2 minutes per mile. 2 MINUTES!!! I felt discouraged doing that...but it was necessary. My stomach is also a MESS..which I am attributing to the humidity. Like Karen, I may just have to suck it up and do some of my runs on the treadmill this week. We are in for some brutal heat.

Going to be a looonnnggg day today. Work, abs, and then we are heading to the train station for the viewing of the show and the contest. What are really the odds we will win? I never win ANYTHING. BUT...we are willing to try anything. It doesn't end until 10...so...I am going to be one tired girl tomorrow! At least I can sleep in a little bit on Wednesday. Still deciding on wedding planner. I decided I need to be SMART about this..and check out other wedding planners, too. Price comparison. I am also considering a second job LOL!

Lots to do today. Inspections! Yay me. Not really. We are also prepping for the CEO of my client. He is coming to town..not sure why? But, uh, my client is a pretty well known company..and if the CEO is coming here...that is a BIG DEAL. Lots of things to do.

Kilmisters – My head will be spinning until I am on my honeymoon. Its cold there?! SEND IT HERE!!

Margaret – Did you take a rest day yesterday?

Run4kupcakes – Glad you had fun on your mini vacay! Nice job with the 9!

Docket – Oh no! Sorry about the headache. I hope the massage helps. HCF was so jealous you were at a Poison concert. I wish I could sleep in past 7!!

Karen – I hope you took a nap instead of chores! You deserved it after 10 miles in that crap! I agree with your thought on the treadmill – I need to start doing some inside. Maybe my speedwork ones. But the long ones I still want to do outside. I am no Damaris! We have an air quality warning today.

Tessa – Does that mean your work will slow down a bit!? Are you off Thurs and Fri? Nice miles this weekend!

Hope everyone has a good Monday! And for those that are off or have a short week - I hate you.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Friday was SDO.

Saturday was a good, fun but hot 45 minutes out the trail and the park. While I was at the library soon afterwards, a lady dressed in workout clothes came up and said she had just seen me on the trail. She had been with people on bikes. She said they were always saying that runners looked so grim when they ran but when she saw me I was smiling. She yelled at the friends, “There’s a happy one!”. 

Sunday Buddy and I did 50 minutes on the trail. There were a few bunnies, but quite a few people. It was awfully humid even though it was only 75°F. The exercisers got out early because it is to be in mid 90’s here today.

Today will be hotter already so I will eat and dash to the park. Humid. Ick.

Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Hello Monday!!!  Glad this is a short week.

Saturday I fumbled an attempt at a bike ride.  My poor bike sounds terrible.  I think it needs a bath and a good oiling. I'm hoping the noise was from a dry chain.  Only rode 12 miles and bagged it.  Painted painted painted. Kitchen/hall ceiling done. Doors done. Bathroom trim done. DF hung a new light fixture in the kitchen. We used to have an old florescent fixture ( the kind with the long tubes) and replaced it with a more modern track light system. It looks odd, but it's staying up there. I guess it is just different. Much better light though.  Painted doors, baseboards, scrubbed walls. Vacuumed. Done. I was beat!!

Sunday was 8.1 w buddy. Then big commissary shop after church.

Group Power class this morning was good, except my shoulder is really bothering me and I think I am going to have to see the ortho. Sad I've been putting it off.

Ginny---YES! Your trainer has it right. YOu are ROCKIN IT!

Woohooo!!! My morning conference call was rescheduled for tomorrow. I can procrastinate a bit longer. Smile

Unmotivated today!  Going to be a busy week, have to fit 5 days of work into 4.  Bah humbug.  Stalling over coffee now.  SRD today.  I ran 8 yesterday for a total of 57 for the week, 5200' elevation gain.  Starting to cut back this week.  I won't bore you with the details of the perfect running weather here on the coast.  

Lizzie, good luck at the contest!   I took a nap after my run yesterday but not a rest day.  Running on tired legs is part of the training plan.

Damaris, glad the the migraine went away in time for the concert!

Judy, I'm a happy runner too.

CrazySue, sounds like the bike needs a tune-up.  My poor bike is ignored in the garage and probably needs all sorts of work.

Not happy with the outcome of yesterday's WC games.  Maybe I'm the minority but I hate penalty-kick shoot-outs.  Annoyed that I can't watch today's games but I'll be sneaking peaks at my phone for the updates.  Happy (?) Monday, all.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Seloc

Yep, you can hate me today.  Off work until Thursday!  Haven't even looked at email since Saturday.  I feel retired and I LOVE it!

11mi for me this morning.  Finally!  Temps dropped to the 70s and dewpoints in the 60s.  Still drippity drip but MUCH better than it was.  I sure wish I didn't sweat so much.  Saturday was a TURD.  It was 82*/74* temp/dewpoint at 4:30am.  Nope nope nope.  Was not going to even attempt running in that.  Yesterday was 68/68 with rain so I biked 7mi and ran 4.  Back to steamy this afternoon until the foreseeable future.  Pretty low key weekend with some visiting thrown in so it was nice.  Not sure about today.  Only thing I have to do is go check on the kit kat I'm sitting.  Thinking about maybe going to the water park but afraid of feeling like a creeper since I wouldn't have any kids in tow.  Might see if my 19yr old niece is interested haha.  I want to take advantage of a beautiful warm and sunny day but the patio is going to be a bit hot to just sit out there.

Lizzie - great long run on Saturday!  I'm so happy for you that that is going to work.  So nice not to have to 1) get up at the ass crack and 2) rush rush rush to get to work.  And how you ran in that soup this morning is ahMAZing!!  GREAT JOB slowing it down.  That humidity is just BRUTAL.  I can't wait to watch The Bachelorette this evening and will have everything crossed for you to win!  Someone has to!  Oh I think you asked if I have started taking the salt tabs - I had kinda forgotten and haven't been running real long but did today.  So glad you like the wedding planner!  Smart to do some price comparison, too.

Cathy - congrats to you and DD on the race!  Loved the pic on FB - DD is so stinkin adorable.  And what a fighter.  She's going to go far!  How did your run go yesterday in that awful weather??  Oh - the friends I am cat sitting for will be in MKE today/tomorrow.  I have quite a few friends that went to Chicago for the weekend and now are stopping in MKE following the Twins haha

Sue - wow, you impress me with all you have been doing around the house!  And getting the workouts in!  Sorry about the shoulder.

Judy - awwwwwwwwwww that's awesome that you are smiley runner.  I think I am, too 

Kat - fun to see you pop in over the weekend.  I do not blame you one teeny tiny bit for losing mojo in your weather.  It's GROSS!  But are you still happier than Seattle?  Have fun with your mom!

Damaris - speaking of Seattle... any word on the job?  Glad the headache went away in time for your run and the concert!  I love Poison!

Gatsby - a rare early morning sighting from you!    Sorry for the busyness of work.  Blech.  Nice running this weekend!  Hey, at least SOMEONE gets perfect running weather.  You just are now tasked for soaking it all up for the rest of us.  I watched that shoot out yesterday - crazy!

Karen - nice job getting the miles in.  I texted my TX friend to please keep her weather down there.  Running in that is just exhausting!  Killer bike ride, too!  My bum would be sore after 35miles.

Ginny - good luck on Wed!  And, I agree, you are KILLIN it!

Hmmmm - looky here, it's not even 9am and I have the entire day to play!  Feeling pretty lucky!  It is very much a happy Monday!  Hope it goes fast for all yas workin stiffs 

Oh yeah---Lizzie--Glad you like the planner. You have 15 vendors???? It's all good.

Sandy--enjoy your week off!!!

Dad just called.  He broke his foot a couple of weeks ago.  He can't get pants on with the boot.  He will be walking me down the isle in Bermuda shorts.    Maybe I can just open up the pant leg and sew it back later?

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Long run of 1.5 hours actually went well yesterday morning!  After Saturday, it seemed cool.    I managed to get out there by 5:30 AM.  I didn't set an alarm so I was surprised that I actually woke up, went to bed after 11:00 on Saturday night.  Went to a small party at a friend's Wisconsin "cabin".  The party felt a little redneck, they were out there driving tractors around, did some target shooting, then shot some fireworks, and to top it off, their college age daughter got out her beer pong table.  She just turned 20, which is weird because I've known her since she was about 2.    Not a typical party for me!

Lizzie, hope the week just glides by.     Nice 9!  You on the TM?  No way!    Good luck, I hope you win tonight!   Nice that you did meet a wedding planner that you like.  Hopefully you find one that fits your budget!  DD really pushed herself at the end of the race.  The race was about 3.45 miles.  I knew it would be way long because after we came out of the woods we just hit the 3 mile marker and I knew we had a paved loop to run to get to the finish.  DD was running well under a 9 minute mile during that last .45 and she got up to a 5 minute mile in the final sprint.  Mr. Math/fast co-worker was working the water stop, he said a lot of people were in pain.    One funny thing, they had sports drink that was clear.  The lady that was also working the water stop mixed the cups with sports drink with the cups of plain water.  Some people were just taking water to dump on their head.  Apparently a few people dumped sports drink on their head!  Yes, I did bring water for my long run, in my bigger handheld!  With a Nuun tablet.  

Damaris, glad the migraine went away so you could enjoy the concert!  Looks like it was fun.

Judy, running happy is good!  

Sue, hope you can get your bike fixed up!

Margaret, nice running this weekend!  Enjoy that running weather.  

Sandy, awesome that you are on vacay!  Nice that you could switch your long run to today.  Haha about needing a kid to go to the water park.  Too bad you aren't here, you can borrow mine.     The Brewers are actually doing well this year.  Waiting for the big crash.     I actually enjoyed my run yesterday, I got up early enough to take a different route through town.  No traffic!   I love the peace and quiet of morning running.

Tessa, DD did not enjoy the race on Saturday.  I didn't push her though, my thinking is that she should enjoy it.  

Karen, it's nice to have an option to use the TM, if you want to use it.     That is a long bike ride!

Elina, DD is in first place in the series by 2 points.  There are 2 girls that are faster than her, but they each missed a race.  There are 3 races left.  I am guessing she will end up in third.  There are a lot of girls that run in the 14 and under AG.  There are the series regulars and then a few other girls will usually also run (they can get series points even though they are not registered for the series, and play spoiler).    In comparison there are hardly any boys in that AG that run.  Only one boy in the last race.

Cathy

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Sue, bermuda shorts would be interesting.    Maybe he can just wear some black workout pants?  DH had some that he wore a lot after his knee surgery, they had buttons down the side so he could wear them over his knee brace.

Anonymous Guest

8 miles for me this morning. Miserable, but I'll put up with it since I hate northern winters. Followed that up with the Target run I didn't do the other day and am now about to go tackle some chores in the backyard. Because pretty much everyone I invited is now coming over on the 4th. Yikes. I figured invite a bunch of people, half will come. Should be fun.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I dont understand how today has been so busy!!!!! AHHHH.

Judy – Aw, I can totally picture you being a smiley runner Smile

Susan – OMG…your weekend sounds exhausting. You need a weekend from your weekend!! Nice job that is awesome that you did all of that! Nice miles this morning too! I don’t have 15 vendors but the planner made it sound like that I will by the end of this. LOL. Do you?! Oh NO on your dad!!! Can he put the boot over his pants? I had one once and I was able to put it over my pants.

Margaret – Wow, nice mileage last week!! Starting to cut back..its getting so close! How exciting. Oh yes..running on tired legs. Ew.

Sandy – WOOHOO Nice miles this morning girl!!! Smile And that weather sounds dreamy haha. I am sorry but I laughed out loud at your creeper comment to the water park. LOL. Who cares just go and have fun silly Smile It would be creepy if it was a 70+ year old guy hahaha. Did you run long on the different route you were talking about this weekend!? I need to start the salt tablets. THIS WEEKEND I will for sure. I think my long run has a 60% chance of rain..is it bad I am excited about that? LOL. How is your TX friends doing BTW?? I hate you and your time off.

Cathy – Woohoo nice job on the long run! I love this comeback you are doing Smile I wake up super early if I know I am going to be running long. Not sure how my body knows that. That party sounds…interesting. Smile DD is a little speedy!! I can’t wait to hear how she does on cross country next year! I would be pretty pissed if I had sticky sports drink all in my hair Smile Okay, so what exactly is Nuun?? Is that for salt and stuff? HCF is cheering on those Brewers!! Only one boy in the race? Girls rule boys drool.

Karen – Nice run this morning! Oh boy! Lots of extroverting coming your way! Wink

Have a good evening everyone!

Docket_Rocket

Liz, aren't you are little ahead of yourself?  Evening?  It's like middle of the afternoon!!!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

ginnyb

Nope, I am working, but i have Wed, Thurs, Fri off!  Work again Saturday, so that accounts for Friday off and I took vacay for Thursday.

So Karen, what's on the menu for the 4th?  I think I would put up with the Texas summers to not be here in the winter.

Liz...nice that you connected so well with the wedding planner, but good idea to shop around.

Sandy...go ahead and go to the waterpark!  I have found the older I get, the less I care about things like that.

Ran 3 miles yesterday and did legs with trainer this morning....we work out in this warehouse without AC and it does get hot in there!  I still don't sweat!  I think it is so odd, has to have something to do with getting older

Damaris...glad you got rid of the headache.

Cathy....funny about runners dumping sports drink on their heads, that must have been a surprise!  Running early morning is the best.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Half Crazy K 2.0

5 miles once it "cooled" off to 90 degrees and 74 dewpoint. Ugh. Apparently i need to go extrovert again tomorrow, we have a happy hour to go to. Not really what I want to do, but whatever.