Womens Running

Chilly weekend (dailies) (Read 20 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Pilates, 5 and weights.

Laura, nice 4.  I tried to nap but couldn't.

Tessa, lol at the cats.  Nice run!

Karen, nice 10.  Awwww, Riley.

Elina, nice run.  Good luck with the game tomorrow!

Kat, glad you sleep better.

Diane, glad you had a nice time and massage!

HCK, hoping the run went well.

Damaris

Hello hello!  This week has been too busy, sorry for being MIA (and thanks, DHuff, for asking about me the other day!).  Work shouldn't be that busy but i'm covering for a couple people who are out (they've covered for me before so I don't mind).  Plus I organized a running club holiday event and cookie contest, which was this morning.  Lots of fun, and the extra cookies are going to the local senior center so it's for a good cause too.  I'm up to 6 miles now, yay.  Signed up for a 22k trail race at the beginning of January so I'm ready to test the waters for a trail run, double yay.

DHuff, I'm sorry that your kitty didn't make it.  You gave her a good home for the short time she was here, and sometimes that's all the time that we get with them.

Kilmisters, guessing that your project has to do with competitor's recent actions in your territory? Great that it has gone well, and not surprising given your expertise in all things data-related.  How the heck do you protect your skin from super cold?  Vaseline?  Something else?  Nice 20k!  I'm scared of HMs because people go fast.  I'm too slow, mostly just happy to finish my races.   

Lizzie, look at you nailing your workouts so early in your training cycle!  You're going to kill your next marathon, mark my words.  Botanical gardens sounds nice!  I love gardens.  Hope you had a nice date with HCBF!

Damaris, nice workouts as usual.  You're another one who's nailing your runs this year.  Can't wait to see what next year brings!

LC, you get extra karma points for all those weekend kids'  sports events.  I'm way too selfish with my time.  Maybe that's why I don't have kids.  

Tessa, hope the winds have died down for you.  I heard it could be while yet before the Thomas fire is done.  Very windy for us up here, but it's not diablo winds from inland.  Super low humidity, though, and we're already behind on rain for the year so people are nervous.  I only found twelve cents on my run today.  Better up my game if I hope to retire on my findings. 

Karen, laughing at Riley and Santa.  There were dogs at my RC holiday run today, and they were leery of the festive garb we were wearing.  Something about santa hats and jingle bells that is very concerning to them.  

Kat, hope you're starting to feel better!  If you're hacking up gunk from your lungs, I especially commiserate with you since bronchitis sidelined me for all of November.

Kupcakes, pretty sure that shoveling snow counts for cross training.

4 miles for me today, meeting a RC friend tomorrow morning for another 4 or so.  Have a great weekend!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

LC Runs

I survived yesterday ha ha!!  Actually it wasn't too bad, took us about 2 hours 40 minutes, hit some snow squalls on the way north but it was sunny (and cold, like 2 degrees) up in the Upper Peninsula.  They lost their game by 3 points but it was still fun to watch.  We met up with some other kids/parents for dinner about an hour from home, which broke up the drive.  So, 11am - 8 pm day yesterday 

Today, I'm just going to be home, getting some stuff done.  I need to make some goodies for our work party and I should probably start wrapping.  I have a couple of things to order from Amazon.  I will fit in a run somewhere in there LOL,

Elina - yes, it is a long drive.  I guess there aren't that many middle school/junior high (8th grade) that have basketball teams or something, because the closest team is 45 minutes away.  It ranges from 45 minutes - 3 hours.  Luckily, it's only an 8 week season.  This year they were able to be bussed to and from the game so parents didn't have to coordinate driving like they did last year.  Two more games this week, but both at home.

Kat - glad you are on the road to recovery.  Hang in there!!

Diane - glad you enjoyed the musical and your back is feeling better!

Karen - that video is hysterical!!

Kupcakes - shoveling is definitely an upper body workout!

Damaris - nice workout yesterday!

Margaret - awesome 6 and you will do great at the race in January!!  I admit I enjoy the times that there are no sports going on ha ha!

Tessa - great run and that is a lot of change to fine, it all adds up!  DS did thank us for going, he enjoyed meeting up with his friends after for dinner and was happy not to be stuck on the bus again lol

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for this chick! 10 hours of sleep last night! 10!!! That never happens.

Fun day yesterday with HCBF. The mall was brutal and awful...but the gardens were so much fun. We did have to sit in traffic for 45 minutes just to get IN!! But it was worth it. It was like walking through a magical light show Smile They had lights all over the garden and even had animals made out of lights. They did themes from nursery rhymes too. I saw the tortoise and the hare - almost took a picture of that. OH and they had this cool Peacock - which those who are on FB know that HCBF really liked that display Wink (his last name).

After the lights we went to eat at one of our favorite restaurants. A great day!

Not sure what is going on today. I have to do some wrapping and maybe dip some peanut butter balls. Just misc stuff! I am SUPER sore from Body Pump yesterday. Geez, those squats and lunges KILLED me. Resting up for a peak week this week..lots of early mornings 

Docket - Nice workout yesterday!

Laura - Geez, you are an awesome mom for going to the game Smile Sorry to hear that he didn’t win but I am sure he appreciate you being there. Smart idea to break up the drive. You have a big to do list to do today! Good luck! Smile

Tessa - Wow, nice miles yesterday! You got paid to run! Haha. Do you find all of this in coins? Where do you put it!? Muy Bonita! You got hit on while running! Lucky you Smile

Karen - Nice run with the group! So, did the one guy have to somehow run 21 miles in India?! I saw the video your DH posted of Riley in the pet store..SO CUTE. HCBF agreed. HCBF said he wants to take Ruger to do that haha. Ruger likes stuffed animals though..he likes to rip the stuffing out of them. So cool on all of your half marathon and C25K groups. Smile

Kilmisters - Nope, no face mask or face cream. I did ask for a face mask for Christmas. You know, as long as my neck is covered I don’t notice my face getting cold. I wear ear warmers, too. Now if winds were involved I might be saying something different haha, We don’t get much wind here and when we do its rare. So, I am guessing your trax work good on the ice? I may have asked you that before. I am still nervous to try them when its really icy. I don’t want to break my arm like Sandy! Good luck on the game today!

Kathryn - The mall was awful. Actually when we left we heard on the radio that a fight had broken out in the same parking lot we were at. CRAZY PEOPLE. Hope you are continuing to improve and feeling better!

Diane - Oh Diane, so glad you had fun on your weekend getaway Smile Happy to hear the back massage helped too! When I was in body pump yesterday, they do a back track…whew..my lower back was killing me. Same with the squat track..I am not sure what I did to it. Did you and DH stay Saturday night too?

Run4kupcakes - OH saying that about DH to the police is smart!!! I am going to say that if I see the car out there next week. Its really kind of true…I did call the non-emergency number - they had a really fast response. I think it would be more helpful if I called them right away.

Margaret - So good to hear from you! You have been busy Smile Congrats on getting to the 6 miles Smile Cookie contest sounds like fun!! I would have eaten all the cookies before they got to the senior center. LOL. I second you on the selfish me time Smile Have a good 4 miles today!

Have a great Sunday everyone! I really really do not want to go to work tomorrow. One last week before vacation! I am sure Sandy is super excited! Smile

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Seloc

Oh man, Lizzie, I'm with you - I do NOT want to go to work tomorrow.  I haven't even PEEKED at emails since Friday so it's gonna be brutal.  And five full days before vacation, ugh!  But, we can do this!

Shuffled through three miles yesterday.  Just wasn't feeling it but MADE myself get out there.  Mostly because I was cranky AND because weather has been balmy - in the 20s with not much wind.  Thurs evening the bottom is supposed to fall out - near zero.  UGH.  But, just in time for me to leave these parts!  haha.  8.5mi this morning with RB.  Another nice morning - 20* and no wind.  Someone asked about face mask - I actually made myself this balaclava of polar fleece with elastic at the top that has a dongle for making it tighter/looser and open bottom.  Bottom tucks into jacket and then I can pull it up over my nose when needed.  It's much looser around the nose/mouth than any face mask I've ever seen so this works best for me.  When it's REALLY cold I will Vaseline the exposed areas around my eyes and that helps.

Lizzie - nice run and BP yest.  And, glad you had such a fun day!  Did you have to get out and walk through the lights?  But, ugh on the mall.  I refused to go back to the P.O. yest I knew that would be bad enough haha.  Glad you have a pretty chill day today.  Oof on all the early wake-ups this week!!  5 more days until vacay - we got this!!

Laura - oh, wow, that was quite the drive for a middle school bball game!  MOTY!  That's sweet your DS appreciated it.  Good call stopping for dinner on the way home.  Whatcha making for the work party?  Hope you get some couch time today, too!

Hey Gatsby!  what's with all this busy work in Dec??  LOL  Man, you running group sounds FUN.  And so awesome you donated the cookies!  What a great idea!  So good to see your mileage creep back up there.  22K?  That's an unusual distance.

Damaris - nice workouts!  Bummer on the no nap.  Those kit kats need to stop waking you up!

Elina - congrats on the work project!  And 20K after work on a Fri?!!  You are pretty awesome.  Glad mini-K is letting you get some sleep, too!  Oh - I saw the Wild/Oilers were on early but didn't watch.  Good luck in your floor hockey game today!

Karen - nice run yesterday!  I haven't hit double digits in a while.  Helping a friend train for a half at the end of Jan and she's at 8.5.  Yes, I could run more when I get home but by that time I'm so dang cold I head right for a hot shower!  The video of Riley is hilarious!!

Kat - yeah for getting sleep and feeling moderately better.  Hope you had a relaxing day on the couch yesterday and feel even better today!

Diane - sounds like you are having a great weekend!  Glad your back is feeling better, too.

HCK - shoveling for SURE counts as XT.  Especially if it's the wet and heavy stuff!  I actually enjoy shoveling and like my driveway pristine LOL.  I live in townhome so the Assn mostly takes care of it but only comes if we've had over 2inches.  Plus, they have 24hours to get there.  Almost always I clear my stuff in much shorter order.

Tessa - whoa - nice run!  So, guessing you were prepared with water/fuel for the slightly longer route?  And, woohoo, get rich running!  That's awesome.

No real plans here.  A friend invited me to her families cookie bake thingy but I think I'm just going to hunker down.  I already made two more batches of toffee today that I will deliver later.  Ciao ciao

Kilmisters

Lizzie, I agree to whoever here (Kat?) called you a brave women for going to mall at this time of the year. Hmm, ear warmers? W face mask one probably wouldn't need those; but then there are those temps which are too warm for face mask and yet potential disaster for ears. Tricky. I haven't tried trax on ice yet; just snow. It's never fully covered in ice here, of course, and then I am worried about those parts of the run, which would be just pure concrete; that trax would suffer.

Laura, 45min-3hr range sounds similar to our road game range. Sad that they lost w only 3pts...

Tessa, nice 16mi and 2$ Big grin My dad has a shelf full of stuff he has found on his runs; there's absolutely everything. He once found a Danish number plate in forest (totally random); ended up bringing it to embassy.

Sandy, good job getting out there! Oilers-Wild was actually pretty good; especially Matt Dumba and announcer reaction after he scored his two goals. Not a Wild fan, but got very excited after those roars Big grin

Margaret, laughing about you being up to 6mi and then casually mentioning a 22k run in a month Smile No, the project doesn't have to do w competitor. As for skin during cold, there's a really nice face mask

The game, as predicted, was godawful. 3wks till next one, so lots of time to regroup. We'll have four games in January; basically every weekend (one of them - road trip to Estonia; EXCITED!), so have to get my runs in to keep the endurance/form in good levels. I actually consider hydrotherapy for legs when the playoffs will start, because then the intensity is insane.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon!  Ran 15 on the TM and they felt really nice.  Feels like 86F here so no running outside for now. Maybe tomorrow will be good since I won't need to run for more than an hour out there.

Margaret, thanks!  And thanks for checking in.  We have missed you.  Hoping you are feeling better and that work gets less busy.

Laura, glad you had a great time.

Lizzie, I had 9.5 hours, woot!  Waking up every so often but it was much needed.  Enjoy the rest.

Sandy, nice job getting out there and pushing through!  I also don't want to go to work but I have court in the morning which makes things better (more interesting).

Elina, sorry about the game.

Damaris

dhuffman63

Trails

Quick hi!

Got 30 min interval walking..,3.0 for 5 min then 3.3 for 5 min for 30 min. No back pain.

HuronHeart

Hi all, this has been a busy week with multiple Christmas parties, church Christmas progam and friends get together.  Fun times!  RB and I ran 6 miles this morning, cool temps in low 20s with light wind. We are not training for anything, just running for fitness and fun. I am still shopping online for Christmas gifts but almost done. New SIL has a green egg grill/smoker thing which he wants accessories for, I have been looking for accessories but have no idea what I am looking at and they are too pricey to just order.  He may be getting money.  ðŸ˜Š

Sandy, your weather sounds like ours.  Nice miles.

Gatsbybird, congrats on being up to 6 miles! A cookie contest sounds fun and nice to donate the leftovers. Seniors generally enjoy sweets. So do I and my pants are getting snug from all the Christmas treats. Time to rein it in.

Halfcrazy, shoveling is definitely cross training! Good idea to call non emergency number for strange cars.  RB and I met in town this morning and ran our miles on side streets. We noticed a man in a red pickup was circling around and slowly passed by us 3 times. Not sure what he was doing, if by myself I would have been tempted to report him as suspicious.

DHuffman, sounds like you are having a good weekend.  Glad the deep tissue massage helped your back and you are ready to get back to training.  I have never seen a Christmas Carol, I may need to add seeing this classic to my bucket list.

Kats, glad you are feeling better. I believe sleep is the great healer, nice job on getting in 12 hours of healing.😊

Karen, nice 10 with your group.  You had quite a plan for keeping the marathoner company for his/her long run. Was he/she able to get their 21 in while in India?

Arimathea, nice long run.  I need to pay more attention when running, I never find money.  Once in awhile I find returnables, usually beer cans.  We have been warned to not pick up bottles off the side of the road because mobile meth labs are a problem in the area.  I like your idea of hanging marathon medals on the Christmas tree.

LC, you are a good Mom driving to the UP for a jr high B.B. game. Glad it was not windy. I wouldn’t want to drive across the Mackinac bridge if it was snowy and windy.  Sorry your DS’s team lost but at least you got to go out to eat.

Docket, good job getting your runs and Pilates in.  15 miles on the TM is quite a feat.

Lizzie, nice miles. I have never ever come close to 47 miles in a week. That’s a lot of miles, enjoy your rest day you have earned it. The botanical garden light show sounds fantastic.

Kilmisters, congrats on the successful project meeting, 20k after work on a Friday is awesome.  Sorry the game was as bad as you expected. January sounds like it will be busy for you.

HuronHeart-Kathy

Arimathea

Tessa

Diane, yay for no back pain!

Um...no I was not prepared. I forgot my water. I was quite thirsty by the end -- not bad enough to make a detour to the park and its drinking fountain, but definitely ready for a water fountain at the end of the run.

Where do I put found money? In my running bra, usually. Silver in one cup, pennies in the other. Don't knock it. So far this year I have found $67.08. Mostly in coin though sometimes I find paper money.

Margaret, cookie contest? Yum! Which runners get to be the judges?

Yes, the Thomas will take a while to be put out. We are watching it worriedly. The eastern front is near Fillmore, not too far from the western edge of Santa Clarita, though the Rye fire did create a fairly good size firebreak.

Sandy, interesting bala-falalalala-clava.

Liz, glad you liked the gardens!

Karen, poor Riley if he didn't like the Santa. Like a little kid, not a good idea to force him to sit for a photo.

Got 2.7 this morning before church, then 3.6 in the afternoon because I needed to get some cookies to a fellow parishioner and decided I'd rather run than drive. Especially since I was still wearing running gear. Wind is howling.