Womens Running

TipTop Shape Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Hearty congrats to the racers! You are doing a great job!

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Monday after my usual 35 minutes of track running I was joined by coach. He and I did intervals again but with a longer ratio of running to recovery. (He is reliving his Marine days. ) I got tired very quickly with the new interval plan. We need to go back to the old plan.

Today will be a track run with cardio added when I get home. Hopefully coach and I will get some intervals in as well today.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Good Morning!  4.4 miles this morning.  Hips were stiff from Sunday's ride.

Wow Tessa--a lot of miles over the weekend!

Check y'all later

camille2

Morning!

cindy,  I'm glad you had a better run!  Good luck on Friday.

tessa, those were impressive  miles.

ginny, the book is Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness.  

My run yesterday was a slog.  I'm going for 40 min today

Arimathea

Tessa

thanks for the encouraging comments!

Judy, what's the difference between the old plan and the new plan?

Camille, go for those 40 minutes! When is your WW meeting?

Susan, not surprised your hips are feeling stiff, glad you got a run in.

6.25 with RN this morning. Now at home waiting for the solar company rep to show up, we have a good roof so solar panels are going on over it. I would like to reduce this household's dependence on fossil fuels and harvest some of the sun bouncing off our roof.

Hobby Jogger Especial!

Good morning all. Had another nice 4 mile run with Jet this morning. 48f again. I'm loving this fall weather. High 40s/low 50s in the a.m. and about 80 in the afternoon.  Thought I'd share a photo of my running buddy after our run last Saturday.

Judy - great runs and intervals too. I'd be tired as well.

Sue - nice job on your 4.4

Camille - hope you have a good run today

Tessa - good job on your 6. Great idea for the solar panels.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.3. Calf taped. Didn't bother me until 9.9. Part of tape came off so I'm sure that contributed.

Lisa are you all rested now!

Karen your body will tell you what is best for the races. Listen to it.

Tessa ogh I'd love to have solar panels!

Shadow  beautiful Dog!

Marjorie

ginnyb

Tessa....I have always wanted solar heat, but we don't get nearly enough sun here to make it cost effective I don't believe.

Rainy and cool here today, as it was yesterday.

camille...sorry your run was a slog...I have a lot of those.

shadow...your dog is beautiful.  My Bassets and not very fond of running or even walking for that matter!  No, they love their walks, but Scarlett has been known to take a little "break"  during walks.

Hi to sue and all how follow.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Hi.  I had a deposition all morning, so I am just back.  I have Pilates and 6 miles tonight.

Judy, nice job on the track workout.

Sue, hope the hips loosen up.  Nice run.

Camille, slog or not, it was done!  Have fun with the 40 minutes.

Tessa, nice run.  Hope the solar panels get installed soon.

Shadow, such a cutie!

Marjorie, hope the tape keeps working.

Ginny, hiya!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

camille2

I did 50" but  I won't share the distance. : ) Hot, humid, and very hilly but despite that, I didn't feel bad during it.  I really need to get out earlier but am trying to get some work (house and business) done each day before I play.

tessa, weigh in is Friday.  I think I'm going to take my home scale to compare.   Good for you for getting solar power.  It's not just the use of fossil fuels it'll save, but the dangers of refining oil.  North Pole has a bunch of contaminated water wells now due to a slow leak (think years) of a chemical used at Flint hills refinery.

Demaris, I sure hope you breathing improves!

lisa/karen,  this may be the firs t time I remember someone being discouraged running a race.

shadow, nice pic!

Marjorie,  it sounds like you're on the mend.

back to work....ugh.

No travel problems today. Yeah!

Camille-I like the 50 minutes of running.  ultra runners train more for time than for distance.  Alternately with trails you sort of pick the trail and just finish it.  They don't often give you many distance options.

Lisa