Womens Running

Thankful Thursdays! (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

dhuffman63

Trails

What  not to do on a boring Thur....read race reports and then email Kat trying to talk her into a 100 mile race in 2020.

Lisa--Yes, I made a list. It is one way I can control everything that is going on.

Smoke detector--ugh!!!  Maybe I don't have the new battery in there just right? It is hard wired into the ceiling, and I have not been able to remove it, so I'm trying to fix it while holding it above my head. I know those stupid things must have a release somewhere, I just haven't been able to manage it yet...I have to figure out something or I will be up all night. Again.

Damaris-it is taking it's sweet time to heal, that is for sure. I think I'm okay and then if I cough or laugh... wooboy! Sharp pain. And it still feels a little unstable in one spot. I think either cartilage was torn in some way or there is a break but nothing much to do about it. I'll refrain from kickboxing.

Diane-poor Jasper! Oh boy! 100 mile races?!

Lizzie-I said something worth screenshotting? Woot! Yes, if this was before Antelope Canyon.. I would have been screwed. No way I could have maneuvered like I did with this sort of injury but it is making me recover for sure. So guess that's good. Next up is towards end of April in KY. I have time for that.

Sandy-have a blast on your day off tomorrow.. sounds like a fun one for sure!! I signed up for the 55k on the way out. Then Diane and Jay talked me into the 50 mile and I think I emailed RD on the way back. They always sound like great ideas when drunk.

My student called off tonight so a quiet night it will be for me. (I started doing the literacy tutoring last fall and it's every Thursday night) Hoping to get to the gym again tomorrow. I don't dare do any strength stuff yet or even yoga. But maybe run a little bit.

Lisa

Arimathea

Tessa

Quick post -- 2.5 this morning. And that's all today.

Docket_Rocket

Sandy, only 6 last night.  8 Tuesday.  I am telling you, Karen is a hard coach! Smile

Tessa, nice job on the run.

Diane, hoping Jasper feels better soon.

So, tomorrow is my rest day and of course, the temps at 7am will be 50F, boo.  Only day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

AHHHH, I AM DONE!  32 credit hours, I only need 2 more for NEXT year.  We need 17/yr and can carry over one years worth.

Ginny, at least you were smart enough not to register.  I did this for TWO races.  I have no idea what I was doing.  Vegas is hideously expensive, more so where you are staying.  Being that I was in the host hotel for the conference and only made it outside twice, I was kind of at their mercy.  Even staying at the host hotel I had a 15 min walk to the conference center in it.

Lisa, I don't THINK I was drunk...  But maybe.  Well, I suppose if I cannot remember, maybe I was.  I am super impressed you hopped on the elliptical already, you trouper you.  DIdn't realize you were tutoring, awesome!!!

Damaris, gonna nickname you Lizzie if you are going to go running like that before work.  Enjoy pilates tonight.  You are resting tomorrow??  Guess your coach is becoming soft...

Diane, hope Jasper recovers quickly.

Lizzie, did you call the woman??  Did you "Pump it Up?"

Sue, I had a hard wired alarm too, never did figure it out.  Sold the house first.  Guess I am not too much help...

Tessa, some miles are better than no miles.

Sitting at the airport, with over THREE hours to wait.  I thought it would take me longer to check out of the conference, get my bags, catch a shuttle, and get here.  Then there was no line at security.  Seriously, one lady in front of me.  So, guess what I am doing.  Yes, you are all correct, I am sitting in a bar and grill, drinking a hideously expensive glass of wine.  Possibly worse than the hotel price wise.

On Diane's 100 miler, I gave her a 1% chance of convincing me to go.  Hell, I couldn't even finish a 55K.  But it has been fun looking at them anyways.  Partially to keep myself awake in lecture.  Today's talks were  ALL on dermatology.  I hate derm.  But that was the best choice given the options.

Can't wait to get home, as I am sure I mentioned.  Next trip, Maine baby!

Will stop here, though sitting in the airport with nothing to do leads to diarrhea of the mouth...

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Haha, I ran while working (I was attending a 2 hour court hearing).  Nothing better to do than running while listening.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

Upper body weights and core work.

DHuffman, hope Jasper feels better.

Lizzie, does the recruiter handle other locations? That seems like a good sign she wants to talk. I've interviewed people before and while I didn't hire them for the position I had, I put in a good word with another manager for their opening.