Womens Running

It's Thursday Supermoms (Read 25 times)

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: SRD, weird weather change here, supposed to cool off dramatically. Yay!

TR: Weather change gave him asthma attacks all night so he was in my bed so I could periodically administer his inhaler. He was still really coughy/wheezy this morning and was tired from poor sleep Sad  We went to a friend's house for a playdate last night, and R capped off the evening by biting the 2 yo girl.

FR: Canned soup last night, DH took the chicken I intended to cook to work to make dinner for his shift.

NRR: Payday!! Hoping to find out very soon what my next bonus will be. Not that exciting I guess because I will use it to pay off either my car and/or washing machine and dryer I put on my 6 mo/no interest payment plan on my Home Depot card.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

RG- Happy anniversary! I don't think we did anything this year either.

zorbs- yay on the stand up peeing, maybe that was the trick for him? Smile  Do piano lessons stop for the summer while school is out?

leela- R gets lonely on the weekends when we are home together and exclaims "Kids! Kids!" whenever he sees kids when we are out and about. I love getting appliances.

eh- I hope DS does ok with the wild boys. I think most little boys are followers and if he's able to comprehend you should just reinforce the need to make good choices for himself no matter what the other kids are doing.

Mer- My dad bought my sister and I these big plush bodied troll dolls when my little bro and sister were born (mom and stepdad didn't think to do that). It made me feel special, I still remember it.

armama- yay for a high tech chiro!

mzm- your FR sounds good. I miss real bread and pizza lately.

Ernie- I actually kind of like cleaning and organizing, I just hate doing it when anyone is at home.

cx2- I've made dinner with R in the Ergo pack when he was like that, but now I don't even cook until after he goes to bed. R gets random bits and leftovers for dinner.

CA- I think the Britax Roundabout that my sister gave me is expiring soon so I need to start looking for a replacement to use in DH's truck. I think I'm going to get one of those carseats that converts into a booster. He should be able to use the Britax Marathon in my car for a long time since its rated to 70 lbs.

Becky- I wish they had kids races around here, I think R would love that. He likes to go for "walks" at the park and he runs quite a ways.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

cx2 - must be nice to have a day off!

CA - what's paleo spaghetti? I want to make some joke about spaghetti growing on trees.

becky - I kind of wish G would choose and sign up for his own damn races.  I always feel like pulling teeth getting him to agree to do one.  Why can't you do the kids run as a w/u for your half?  I have felt drunk/hungover even when I haven't had any booze or drugs.

spike - piano lessons don't stop but the number of students drops about 90%.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runnergirl9508

Back for just a few. Ran a total of 9 miles today, yay!

Reh: I'm planning a night away next month as a combo celebration for DHs bday/our anniversary. The thing I was bummed about was that my mom was planning to come out and watch R for us. oh well, she will still be able to come out next month.

Arm: it doesn't sound bad at all. MIL is the same way, does every little thing for FIL ( he doesnt even make his own lunch if she's not home to cook)  DH is angry that FIL is slowly killing himself with no thought of anyone else. :/

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

running eh

mer - yay for progress - you should wear a pedometer.  I often wonder how far I walk in a day.

arm - hope you had fun at the zoo!  Glad DS liked toddler block care.

mzm - my oldest is the tattle tale, the second is the follower and the youngest is the boss.  Yuck on that wound I hope it heals quickly.  DS was super tired too, I am glad he only goes to school every other day right now.

ernie - great cleaning plan.  I sometimes make plans like that, but they only last a week or two before I fall off the wagon, cleaning isn't my thing...Hope you survived those hills!

cx2 - yay for the day off, hope it's going well!

CA - hope the grocery shopping and meal making is a success.  I should do that soon too, especially w. all the produce that is ready in my garden!

becky - My DH places no importance on races at all, so I need to plan mine and his well in advance - Soccer on the other hand is a different story - that is very important to him.

spike - yay for payday, hope it's a good bonus.  The asthma stuff makes me sad for DS.  I am glad you guys know how to deal with it so calmly and well!

runninmer

runnergirl - Awesome job on the 9 miles!  I am a little envious!  Happy wedding anniversary!  Amazing how the celebrations change when there are little ones around!

zorbs - Good luck with the PR on Sunday!  You  have been doing a lot of work on your speed so I am sure you will do fine!  Ah, yes, orange yogurt, sherbet, soda, juice.  You name it I love it right now!

L e e l a - I wouldn't worry as much about mileage in the pool as much as I would time.  Good job switching things up though!

eh - Stretching sounds nice.  I hope you have some time for yoga!

arm - Have a blast at the zoo!  I am thinking for J we will get him a book and a movie.  Something that is special to him so he can watch his "New Movie" if I need to be doing stuff with the baby.

mrszm - I hope you can get out and run tonight.  Your half is coming up quick...just a couple weeks, right.  I am actually glad that she is checking me.  it is DH that freaks out, I get emotional which is weird.  With everything going on, I like to know if I need to be more or less concerned about labor.  I am especially worried about travelling to away meets via bus and not having my own transportation.

ernie - You always plan such fun days for S.  She is a lucky girl.

cx2 - Enjoy your day off.  Sorry about the tantrums.  Those suck.

CAR - I was just about to ask when you go back.  Crazy that O is almost 1 already.  Enjoy your run.

becky - Bummer about the half.  Glad you talked to DH about it.  As I have said, they are clueless sometimes.

spike - Yay for payday and an upcoming bonus!  I can't wait for cooler weather....more for the humidity to go away so my hair actually stays curled! Smile

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

superspike113

Honorary Old

eh- I've had asthma my whole life but never got treatment until I was in college and could go to Student Death as part of my college fees. My mom did alternative medicine and didn't believe I needed to go to a doctor. So my asthma attacks were scary and got treated with a strong cup of coffee spiked with lobelia tincture. I still hate coffee to this day from that. Fast acting inhalers are really effective and duh, Fast!  We have an optichamber that we put one of our regular albuterol inhalers in and then squirt a puff or two. R inhales the aerosol as he screams his face off because he hates the medicine, but the coughing reduces or completely subsides within 10 minutes. If it doesn't clear up enough, I have to give him a second dose which normally does the trick. If he ever has an attack that is not cleared up by a dose of the inhaler, we will take him to the ER for a nebulizer treatment. I kept him in bed with me last night so I could monitor his breathing, and neither of us got much sleep, poor guy.

Oh and the bonus should be a good one, we had our best sales month ever in August. It won't be quite as good as last summer when our trimester monthly average was a little bit higher, but close! Just waiting for the managing partner to announce our August results and what bonus bracket we are in!

L e e l a

eh - I've been slacking on the yoga lately, too.  It was so hard when B wasn't in school since she wouldn't tolerate the gym's daycare.  I'll be back on Monday, though.  Good job taking care of your body.  And I move a bit when I pool run.  Some people stay in one place but I have some forward momentum.  The pool at the other facility was actually a better fit for pool running, so that may be my regular pool running spot on Thursdays.

mer - Hang in there with the busy time at work!

armmama - That chiro place sounds amazing!  I'm going to the PT clinic at my gym.  We'll how the appointment goes tomorrow.

mrszm - Were your other kids that attached to you?  B is super attached to me; I think it's just some kids personalities.  She's fine when I'm away from her, but if I'm there she wants me by her side to do everything.  After about an hour she'll warm up and go off on her own, but after an hour it's often time to leave wherever we were!  And I try to pool run on my recovery days: Thursdays and Sundays.  I hadn't been as good about it while B was out of school, but now I'm back.  I actually enjoy it since I've got a waterproof case for my shuffle so I have tunes while I go.  I prefer it to the dreadmill.

ernie - that is perfect running weather!  Hope it was a good one.

ctimes2 - Enjoy your day off! We get those tantrums here, too, mostly when I have to do something around the house and B wants my attention.  One of her old teachers warned me there is a secondary separation anxiety phase around 3 they go through.  There's a hormonal shift or something ...

CA - Listen to your body and rest if it needs rest!  Do you have any races before Seattle?  And those toddler nighttime cuddles are sort of nice on occasion ...

beckykay - Ugh, frustrating about coordinating racing schedules. I feel lucky that my parents are here in town and can watch B so DH and I can both pursue our shared hobby.  Hope you had a nice run today!

L e e l a

spike - so sad about the asthma.  Tired toddlers are tough to deal with.  Good job on the sales numbers!

Erniegirl

rg - Happy anniversary! My MIL drank herself into brain damage and we can't even leave S alone in a room with her, so I feel your pain. My DH also gets quite angry about it.

zorbs - I've never done intervals on a track. Maybe one day they'll build a high school in MA and I'll be able to. How many hours do you teach for tonight? Leslie/Doane would be killer for repeats, but there are also tons of beastly hills right in town.

leela - I've never done pool running, but an hour sounds like a long time! Do you get bored? Oh, and that is so cool that you and DH are running the marathon together!

eh - Ha, I am also a yoga slacker and not great at keeping up with cleaning. But now that summer's over, I am feeling organized! (we'll see how long that lasts...).

Mer - Thanks for the compliment on planning fun days. That is so nice to hear! Aw, both sad and funny that you can't fit in bed with J anymore. It won't be long, mama! Glad next week won't be so crazy for you. It will be nice to be home in time for dinner and snuggles.

Arm - Wow, you got some serious chiro treatment yesterday! Hope it ends up helping a lot. And very smart of you to take care of it while it's not too bad. Hope you had fun at the zoo!

mrszm - I always feel like bailing on those types of parties Wink Dr thinks my past two wacky cycles were just my body going back to normal since I've reduced my mileage and gained a few pounds. He was happy with my current weight and body fat and thinks my last cycle was perfectly normal, so hopefully everything is in working order again! My cycle has gone from 42 to 30 days in the past few months, so that's definitely a huge difference. Apparently my ovaries are not as fond of running as I am Sad

cx2 - It is often tantrum city around here when I am making dinner, too, as DH isn't home in the evenings and S always decides that's when she wants to be picked up and carried around. I don't have a carrier I like or I'd use that, so instead I make sure to come up with something to keep her busy and distracted before I start. Hope you're having a good day off!

CA - Middle of the night cuddles are one part nice, and one part annoying when you just want to sleep!

Becky - Grr, I'd be displeased with DH and the race scheduling, too.

Spike - Poor R and his asthma Sad Glad you have things under control. I get very excited about paying things off, which in turn makes me feel old and boring.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15