Womens Running

Family Fight Friday (Over 40) (Read 16 times)

No worries... it's just because this is the weekend many families fight in Michigan.  Michigan State University and University of Michigan play football against each other.  Forget the Ohio match ups (sorry Ohio ladies) but this is the biggie in our state.  Will be lots of smack talk in the office today and I didn't go to either school.

Still taking it easy since knee is making squeaky noises in the form of sharp pointy pain (ack!) so yesterday did upper body work out at gym and will do the lower body today with some elliptical.  I DO feel the difference walking on concrete or walking on the grass alongside when it comes to that pain.  Allowing things to calm down. Quads back to normal and all else feeling good.

Cindy-enjoy the long run.  hay in the barn!!  I REALLY find that parking somewhere and going out 5 one way/back 5; then out 5 the other way/back 5 is by far the easiest way to get a 20 training run in. Having someone join you for the final miles that didn't run the rest is good also.  Mind tricks. they are amazed that you are in last 5 and can do a lot of talking to distract you and you sort of feel that it's a new run.

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

MyMomRuns, best of wishes for the knee and total recovery for all body parts. It would be great if we could run on well kept up grass (no critter holes, etc.) all the time. And people on the outside wonder why we war well cushioned shoes.

Thursday I found coach and we did 10 minutes of intervals after my 35 minutes of running. I did 10 minutes of cardio DVD when I got home and there wasn't any stiffness in my legs or ankles at all. It's such a short segment that it is easy to slip into my schedule.

Yesterday I got some groceries, bought a purse on sale and got hair cut and colored. 

Today will be a light and easy track run. Tomorrow will be a short hike and possibly some leaf raking. I plan some study time also.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS::: 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Yep, big weekend in MI!  "Tailgate" departmental lunch.  I signed up to bring Wolverine Stew!  (aka chili - thankfully, DH is going to make it this am while I am in class).

Lisa, take care of that knee!!!! 

Bad Apple this weekend!  I have no clue what I've gotten myself into but I'm doing it with the friend that ran Kensington marathon with me.  The goal is 50k.  We have 12 hours to do it.  I am officially declared nuts!!!

OK I need to stop procrastinating and get myself to work!

Hi to everyone else!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! Ended up running 8 and Pilates, all split up with some before and after Pilates.  Today, maybe something around 7 and weights.

Lisa, you scared me for a moment, ha.  Hope the knee gets better soon.

Cindy, good luck with the 20.

Judy, sounds like a lot of cross training.  Enjoy!

runnersmom, good luck this weekend!

Damaris

TGIF!  Easy swim this morning.  It was on my schedule, so I went with it Smile.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Anonymous Guest

G'morning all!

I was in early today (conference call at 8, and I was on the agenda for 45 minutes of the hour call, so I didn't want today to be the day my train got delayed and I got in late), so I had an extra cup of coffee, so now I'm having trouble sitting still! I'm hoping to get out of here a little early so I can get a decent run in tonight. I'd like 10, would be happy for at least 8. I'm feeling fat and lazy after doing hardly anything all week.

Lisa, do not like hearing about knee pain - glad you're taking it easy.

Judy, sounds like a productive day yesterday!

Susan (runnersmom), good luck tomorrow. Timed races are fun. I think 50k is a reasonable goal, and you should have plenty of time to do it.

Docket, from your post at least it sounds like your breathing is better. I hope that is the case.

Susan (crazysue), Friday! Hope you had fun at the fair last night. When do you "officially" start your training for TX?

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sue, nice swim.

Karen, I am breathing better or at least I'm not as exhausted from the lack of oxygen.  My lungs just don't seem to inhale enough this week, blah.  Enjoy your run.

Damaris

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, careful with the coffee before conference calls! Nothing like someone on the call asking you a question only to find that that was the moment you picked to run to the bathroom.

Judy, there are lots of lovely expanses of groomed, cared-for grass around. Unfortunately the golf course people tend to frown on us using them to run on.

Lisa, do take care of that knee.

Susan, is the wolverine the university mascot? I can't imagine a member of the muscelidae family making for a tasty stew...it's easier for DD whose university's mascot is the Jackrabbit. (For some reason rabbit stew doesn't make it onto the menu very often.) Good luck with Bad Apple!

Susan/crazysue, I need a haircut too but am putting it off. Have fun at the fair?

Damaris, you are so consistent with the mileage.

3.5 this morning. I went up and over the hill and down to the highway, then back up and did a little circle for more mileage. Very hilly.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Travel home day today!

Cindy come on down!  This will be fun to have everyone here

did I miss what Lisa did to her knee?  Is it the quads you mentioned earlier this week?

Marjorie

Karen--I think IM training begins in January.  Right now we are just building strength/endurance and staying healthy.  Maybe we can meet in May.

We had a great time at the fair.  The county fair here has free admission and free parking.  Yay!!  Checked out the animal exhibits, the craft barn and rode the ferris wheel.  Had gumbo for dinner and got a huge bag of kettle corn (which we devoured last night).  Saw several friends and had fun chatting with them.

Damaris--hope the asthma eases up.  Sounds miserable.

Tessa, the UM mascot is the wolverine, hence the wolverine soup.  Actually it was Zuni Stew (recipe from Moosewood, one we've used for years, and its vegetarian).  DH did a great job making it and then delivering it.  Smile  Wish I could get some hill workouts around here...but guess I will if I do Rugged Man with Lisa in November.

Sue, glad you had fun at the fair.  My students were asking today if I would some day do an iron man.  I said no.  But then again, I never set out to run a HM.  I said I would never run a marathon.  And I said I would never run an ultra.  Well on the latter, we'll see what I can say after tomorrow.

Lisa, so sorry about the knee - take it easy and let it recover from Detroit.

Damaris, so sorry about the asthma.  The mold spores generated during autumn do me in, but I guess that isn't the case down in Florida - but maybe they aggravated your asthma when you came up to Chicago?

Karen, hope you get to run today.  Repeat after me... I am not lazy.  (you are not lazy!)

Judy, glad the runs went well.  Hope you enjoy the weekend hike!

Judy-sounds like a full weekend!

Susan-ha on the wolverine stew.  I did wear a green sweater to support a couple of coworkers against a couple of others.  Have fun with the bad apple! forward relentless motion.

Damaris-and a day of work in there somewhere?

Karen-fat and lazy. ha! hardly.

Marjorie-road marathon happened to knee.  It's improving, just the pounding made it hurt.

Sue-yum... fresh kettle corn!

Lisa