Womens Running

Mightiness Monday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

What are you up to today?

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Arimthea, Sunday Buddy and I will go inside to our respective tracks as late as December. When the temps go under 32° or there has been an ice storm (trail asphalt is dangerous) we go inside. He wanted me to go to his track, but I would have to travel and pay more than here. My track is under $275 a year for full gym usage since I am a resident senior citizen. He gets his track use free. So we stop meeting and wait for some Sunday in March when the temps are above freezing. This is our 20th year starting in October. We just go out and find one another.

Friday I did 35 minutes of track running. Grocery trip after that. You know, we should get cross training for toting groceries and putting them away. HA!

Saturday was an antique trip where I walked a lot

Sunday Buddy and I did our regular 70 minutes out on the trail. Sixty degrees made it very nice. That afternoon I hiked for about 40 minutes, about half of it climbing. I can go up better than down. I have to be careful on the down parts of the trail. I don’t go alone. Right before bed I did a 35 minute cardio workout. When I do that I find that I don't get stiffen up during sleep.

Today will be doctor checkup, an errand, a track run and then cardio.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Judy-that's neat that you and Running Buddy have managed to find each other after 20 years come March.

Karen-wtg on the 5k.  I know not racing for you is tough.  Really hard for any of us to accept and be thankful for what we can do when we know what we can or have done otherwise.  Life is a cycle.  You'll be back stronger than ever, mentally and physically.

Not sure what I was thinking scheduling my annual check up for 10am on the day after a 20 miler.  Starving and cranky.  Vendor taking a couple of us out for lunch.  Good thing lunch won't be on my dime because I may eat everything.

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day. Meetings all day

Marjorie

Howdy!!  Definitely a Monday.  Got to the pool--no goggles.  ;(  Went home and did some core exercises---I really needed to do those anyway.

Busy weekend here.  Did 51 mile ride out in the country with a couple of training partners.  On the return we decided to stop into the local Frog Fest at Success, MS.  It was a little country fair type thing.  We got some cold lemonade, posed for pics w Miss Mid south Mississippi and judged roosters.  Really.  After the little break we rode back to the truck.   I was so wiped out that afternoon!!  BF rode 25 miles and waited for us to finish.  Good thing, he was tired too.  Sunday morning was 10 miles.

Sounds like everyone had some good races this weekend.  A bunch from the MS Gulf Coast did IM Chattanooga yesterday.  Some scumbag put tacks and motor oil on the road and about 30 racers (mostly pros?) got flat tires.  I hope they catch them.  Could have had some serious injuries.  What is wrong with people???

Have a great day!!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Sorry for being MIA yesterday but ran 20 with 10 at MP + 10% and I tried to veg all day except my husband wanted to go to the movies, etc.  Got back home STARVING at 4pm, sheesh!

6 miles tonight and maybe the Pilates class we canceled on Friday.

Gatsby, great HM!  Congrats!

Judy, how large is your indoor track.  I can imagine it can be a bit dizzying?

Karen, great job on the 5K.

Lisa, wow.  Not eating after the 20 miler and take a blood sample?  Ouch.

Marjorie, enjoy the rest.

Sue, nice ride and run!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

Good news - my shins were manageable today! Yay! They're not perfect but not too bad, so I'll take it. I was so afraid they were going to be really sore after Saturday. Oh, and I ran 5 miles. Legs still tired and a bit sore.

Judy - I think unloading groceries should especially count when I've been to Costco.

Lisa - you'll definitely be ready for lunch! I was SO hungry Saturday evening.

Marjorie - enjoy the rest day.

Crazysue - what the %&$&# is wrong with people? Someone could have really been hurt. The husband of one of my RBs ran the Blue Ridge Relay a few weeks ago, and someone moved one of the blinking lights marking the route way up someone's driveway. I can't imagine why someone would do such things.

Damaris - I hope you get your Pilates in.

Tessa - your fruit pick is impressive, and I know the organizations getting the fruit are appreciative. DH and I are involved with the food bank here, and fresh produce is always an issue.

Karen - I'm glad your foot is holding up, although I know how frustrating it is not to be able to race.

Off to do some work. Have a good day-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Hobby Jogger Especial!

I just realized I didn't check in over the weekend. Oh well. My dog and I did 6 miles Saturday morning and then had a nice visit with the kids and granddaughter the rest of the day. This morning my 4-legged running buddy and I did 3 miles in the rain. He doesn't like rain that much but he really enjoys being dried off when we get home.  Still playing with the idea of the HM on Nov. 1st. I have until next week to make a final decision.

Carol - have a great trip to GC

Marjorie - hope the pup is doing well. Nice job on the 11 miler

Batgirl - Way to go on your 11 miler, glad your foot wasn’t bad. Nice job on the 5k

Camille - Good job on your 5k.

Cindy - Way to persevere for your 30k. I’m happy to hear your shins aren’t bad

Arimathea - sounds like quite the fruit harvest. I’m sure hauling fruit is cross training!

Ginny - hope new shoes helps with your toes. Do you take magnesium? It may help the cramps. Glad your 8 miles went well

Lisa - great job on your 20 miles

Gatsby - nice job on your HM

Judy - yes, grocery hauling is cross training. Nice workouts over the weekend

Sue - nice riding. Yes, people are crazy. I’m glad no one was hurt

Docket - nice job on the 20

Marjorie-  rest days are good.

Sue- that is so mean spirited. We have "people" remove ribbons on mountain bike trails when there are trail races. Not funny but not quite as dangerous as the tacks and oil.

Damaris- I did eat yesterday just not after 8pm and not this morning. I just get really hungry for the couple of days after run of 4 hours or more. Hardly in danger of starving. And probably why I'm consistently a 150 pound marathoner.

Cindy-glad the shins are cooperating.

Shadow-what are your pros and cons of doing the half?

Lisa

Hobby Jogger Especial!

Shadow-what are your pros and cons of doing the half?

Pros - I've always wanted to do this race and had to miss it last year due to injury. A couple of people I work with are talking about doing it.

Cons - I'd have to fit in a few long training runs on times when I'll either be out of town or have other things going on. Not a big deal, but a little juggling is involved. Definitely not a deal breaker.

This race is 6 weeks after my last half and about 10 weeks before my next in January. I don't know why I'm on the fence for this one. On one hand, its exciting to think of doing it and on the other hand I wonder if I'm pushing my luck.

Anonymous Guest

Foot hurts a little more than it has the last several days, most likely I overdid it a bit by running long (for me, now, 11 miles) and then running fast (again, for me, now). I will go with a rest day today. I scheduled a quick 20 minute massage for lunch Thursday and will have him just focus on the foot and calf, then most likely schedule another one the following Thursday. And I will see how I feel after Sunday's 16.3 mile race (which I will just run at easy pace, NO racing, even though I am winning my age group in the series).

Judy, busy day for you!

Lisa, I hope you've gotten some food by now. I'm not usually that hungry the day of a long run, but the next day, look out! So I very much sympathize with you and hope you made it through okay.

Cindy, forgot to congratulate you on your longest run ever this weekend! And hooray for the shins being okay after. It's perfectly okay that you had a bit of trouble near the end, by the way.

Susan, I saw an article yesterday about the tacks and stuff at IM Chattanooga. Sometimes people can just be awful. So lucky that no one got hurt.

Damaris, nice 20 yesterday. 10 at MP + 10% sounds exhausting.

Shadow, if I were you I'd do it. Then again, I'm the injured one in the thread right now....

I'm going to be in late to work tomorrow because I have to drop the dog off at the vet for x-rays and possibly an ultrasound first. When he was in for his annual check up and shots, they found a grade 4 heart murmur. Between that and his heavy breathing and all around slowing down, they suspect congenital heart disease. He's 13 and a half, so not shocking, but still, it sucks. The internet says no cure and 6-12 months.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, I'm sorry. Poor you and DH having to deal with Jake's illness. I'm sure he's still his goofy friendly self, though. (Jake, not your DH. He's not goofy!)

Busier yesterday than Sturday and today has been nonstop. Checking in to report 5.4 this morning with RN and then 7.1 at lunch. And now back to work!