Womens Running

Mid Day meeting (Read 21 times)

ginnyb

Lizzie...I am sorry but " It is 75 degrees outside and UGGGGG"  do not compute with me!!  Scallops are my absolute favorite, I haven't had them in years, can't find anyplace that has good ones here in northern Ohio.

Tessa...DGD is the girl with the glasses.  The workout was hard, but felt good too.

Going to be home alone tonight.  Totally looking forward to it.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Tessa, I am afraid there will be portions of left foot, butt slide, right foot.  Hopefully no sandy faceplants.

Sandy, with 3 dogs, steam cleaning is a must.

Went to the running store, just to get new Super Feet and some GU chews.  $127 later I left.  Ugh. All sorts of shit.  Maybe that will teach me to look at the price instead of just throwing it on the counter and handing him my card without asking.  My hydration vest will runneth over with crap.

At lunch and on my phone.

Best to you all.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

HI ladies!! Been awhile, read some posts but so much to catch up on!

RR - Little Colorado River Gorge trail half - 2/10/18:  WINDY, WINDY, WINDY!  About 50 degrees.  No trees in sight on the flat, sandy, dirt trail for first/last 2 miles.  Lots of rocks/pebbles in many areas of trail, about 1/2 mile on old 'wearing out' paved road around after mile 3 (10k turnaround), then up/down single track, AMAZING view of the Little CO river around mile 6.  Front runners on their way back, WOW!!  Felt good till mile 11 when inner low area of left thigh began to cramp, WHAT?!? Shorter strides helped.  Last 2 miles, some sandy, but rocky areas took forever to the finish.  MADE IT!!  2:41 time. AG: 4/14.  Happy with time and effort.  The wind was mostly at our backs on the return but when trail changed direction, the wind would push me around, yikes!  Glad I wasn't on the rim!  Went home, showered and drove to Phoenix to visit with DD and GDs for the weekend.  Felt great the next day, short 3 miler.

Rest days Sunday, Monday.  Rain/snow/sleet/wind so trails are muddy, slushy, icy and not risking any injury this close to Antelope Canyon ultra.  Decided to run on TM at the local YMCA.  It's actually a nice place, about 5 yrs old.  Got in some good 6 miles of intervals so I can be done with it, LOL!!

Kats:  when will you be in Page?  are you sharing with Lisa?  You'll be fine ......as long as you stay ahead of the 'reaper.'  Sounds like they are serious about staying around minimum pace.  I know I can finish 26 miles .......BUT I might have to drag myself the last 8, LOL!!  But then, when I think of the 50 milers (Lisa), I feel stupid for whining, HA! Lets hope we all get a good night's sleep at least.  I'm not weather stalking till next week.  I stay away from the local running store for that reason .......but sometimes, I just gotta take a peek

Cathy (turtles):  so what do you  have plan for 'our' birthday?!?  We can 'celebrate' when you are in AZ in April My RB in MN has a co-worker (and his wife) who moved from CA to MN ......and they are freezing right now, LOL!! I rather take the cold than the heat anytime though.  Glad we live in northern AZ, we are blessed to get all seasons!

Seloc:  coaching little ones will be a blast!  Have to agree tho', rules should stay the same no matter the age; tough to unlearn habits.  But kids are like sponges, they learn quickly.  Lucky you that you have the fasties to keep you accountable, there are many days when I wish I had one RB who lived closer.  Have you run Grandma's?  I know Fargo is in May but you'll be in good shape to run another in a month.  Just sayin' 

Diane:  glad DH is being so much more thoughtful with surprises.  I (and DH) forgot it was Valentine's Day ......not that we do all that much for it.  That's an awful long ways for a short meeting but totally understand it.  I did alot of that.  But winter driving isn't too much fun.

Ginny:  love the photo!!  Just like running ...........games are suppose to be fun!  Had to chuckle at "looking forward to it" in regard to being home alone.  I get those days too.

Karen:  You sound like my DH when I don't leave the house for days .........oh, that was during MN winters, HA!  You're gonna rock the race in March, you have some really fast times!  And your training is so discipline.

Docket:  hope you are feeling much better.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Diana, I'm getting IN Friday afternoon, leave Monday.  I'm staying at the Lake Powell Resort.  Lisa is doing an AirBnB with some others.  Hoping to meet up with them and you.  I will PM you my number in case you wanna meet up.  What are your plans?

No grim reaper for the 55K, only 50/100 miler.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Anonymous Guest

Oh, I talked to my dad this afternoon. They did not shock him because they found a blood clot, so they are putting him on blood thinners and a wait and see approach. I guess it's good he went in when he did. He's still in the hospital, should be released tomorrow. He said he's hoping everything gets cleared up so they can come visit me this summer (they were originally thinking about coming in March). I think I'm going to get a quick trip back home in soon just to check in. I've always been kind of a daddy's girl and I just want to go hang out with him some. My mom too, and the rest of the family.

I ended up running 11 this morning. It was hard - weather was awful. It's too soon for the overnight lows to be in the 70s. DH finally left the house for a couple hours this afternoon. It was exciting.

I'll try to get back later for personals, just wanted to share about my dad since I was freaking out on here yesterday.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Kat, no grim reaper on the theory that everyone will be able to keep ahead of the slowest 100 mile runner?

Diana, race sounds varied. Wearing out paved road can be a problem with patches of asphalt and patches of dirt. I didn't know there WAS a Little Colorado River.

Gym today. 6.37 miles on TM. My membership has run out. Our office is moving in 2 months, from right next door to about a 10 minute walk away. I can renew my Gold's membership for a year for $199, go month-to-month for $50 a month (annual is really low because I've been a member so long), or look for another gym close to the new office. There are two fancy schmancy ones ($100 or more a month) and one 24 Hour which is probably less but which will be expensive after the Costco 2 year deal runs out. I'm inclined to renew with Gold's and keep walking there at least until we've been in the new office a while and I see if I am making the walk regularly. I may also be working from home more often which means I wouldn't be using the gym as much so even less inclined to shell out for an expensive membership.

Docket_Rocket

Oh, I talked to my dad this afternoon. They did not shock him because they found a blood clot, so they are putting him on blood thinners and a wait and see approach. I guess it's good he went in when he did. He's still in the hospital, should be released tomorrow. He said he's hoping everything gets cleared up so they can come visit me this summer (they were originally thinking about coming in March). I think I'm going to get a quick trip back home in soon just to check in. I've always been kind of a daddy's girl and I just want to go hang out with him some. My mom too, and the rest of the family.

I ended up running 11 this morning. It was hard - weather was awful. It's too soon for the overnight lows to be in the 70s. DH finally left the house for a couple hours this afternoon. It was exciting.

I'll try to get back later for personals, just wanted to share about my dad since I was freaking out on here yesterday.

Hoping the meds help him.  Glad he is going home tomorrow.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Been MIA... work/life not balancing so well to allow online time but all good. Haven't been able to get out running much with weather making roads/sidewalks icy. Now they are puddle-ie but will go down to freezing tonight so ice Have gone to another yoga place and planning on trying yet another (making the most of free first classes and one month specials!).

Will get out for some miles of some sort this weekend in addition to other stuff around houses and obsessing over Antelope.

Good to hear lots of runs are being made, even if not by me.

And I almost believe that I won't have to run 5.3 miles at 12 mile/min pace in order to beat the 1.5 hour grim reaper cut off. Almost. I keep thinking 5 miles in one hour equals 12 minute miles. I can't run 12 minute miles on a sandy trail with a 200 foot climb at the start of a 50 mile race. And this is why I'm freaking out still. Running math is never my strong point. I'm worrying more about the first 5.3 miles than the remaining 44.7. Maybe that's a good thing? And yes... I have pulled up pace calculators and have seen the fact that the max pace is 16:58 min/mile but still I worry. Laugh all you want but being pulled at mile 5.3 would be horrible.

Lisa

Anonymous Guest

And I almost believe that I won't have to run 5.3 miles at 12 mile/min pace in order to beat the 1.5 hour grim reaper cut off. Almost. I keep thinking 5 miles in one hour equals 12 minute miles. I can't run 12 minute miles on a sandy trail with a 200 foot climb at the start of a 50 mile race. And this is why I'm freaking out still. Running math is never my strong point. I'm worrying more about the first 5.3 miles than the remaining 44.7. Maybe that's a good thing? And yes... I have pulled up pace calculators and have seen the fact that the max pace is 16:58 min/mile but still I worry. Laugh all you want but being pulled at mile 5.3 would be horrible.

You could run the first 0.3 miles at 12 min/mile pace, then you'd have an hour and 26 minutes to run the next 5 miles. Does that help or does that make it seem worse?

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel