Womens Running

Woohoo Weekend (over 40) (Read 19 times)

Bikerchick1

Karen - Glad you were able to get in your double digit run!!!

Lisa - Wish we lived closer, would run some of that  20 with you, too!!!  Euchre - yep, love it!  Grew up playing, and still play occasionally.

Marjorie - Ugh, your travel sounds rough.

Camille - Great job on your race!!!  That is a fast time!

Cindy - Sounds like a rough race, but it is probably a great training tool for your marathon!  Good job sticking it out!  Hope the shins are ok today.

Tessa - Sounds like some great cross training on the "fruit pick"!

Ginny - Hope you get out for your run this am.  Doing the Cleveland Half - you go girl!

No running yesterday for me.  Busy family day.  Am heading out now for a few.  Need to be packed today, I work tomorrow, and leave early Tuesday am for GC.

Enjoy your Sunday!

Carol

camille2

Cindy, great job sticking with that tough run.  I'll bet the next will be easier. I am signed up for the Bull City (name for Durham, NC)  half but since yesterday, I'm thinking of cutting back to the 5 miler. I could finish the half, but I'm not finding the longer runs easy yet so it might not be pretty. I decided I much prefer the feeling after yesterday's 5k to the demoralized feeling after that terrible 5k in July.

Tessa, that's quite a lot of fruit!  Great job on that. I know the food banks like the fresh produce.

Lisa, great job on the 20!

Carol, that's exciting!  You'll do great!

As soon as I finish coffee, I have to start cleaning the condo to show. I still have stacks of things sitting around.

News update: did you see the new world record set in Berlin: 2:02:57.  Wow!  Shalene was 3rd but no Am Record.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

11.3. Got to run in a neighborhood I've never run in as there wasn't a sidewalk to it. Now that they've almost finished one of the road expansions that includes a new bike path I can get to it. Most the bike path is done so I could get to it no problem. Nice run.

Tessa Quincy had 3 large cysts removed. Bassets are prone to them. One of our other ones got them all the time. He had one on his back leg, his back and ear removed. They didn't hurt but we're getting large so time to have them removed. They took his zippers off yesterday (staples)

Marjorie

ginnyb

Well I feel pretty good.  I was going to run 3 miles, 5 at the most, and ended up doing a little over 8 miles!  My slow speed is still even slower than ever, but I felt pretty good.  No trouble with cramping, but that usually doesn't start up until I go over 9 miles.

Marjorie...glad Quincy is doing well...have not noticed any cysts on either one of our bassets, but Beau constantly has trouble with his ears, Scarlett, who has the longer ears, has no problem at all....go figure.

Lisa...how did the 20 go?

Tessa....that is a lot of picking!

Beautiful Fall day here today....think I will go get the pumpkins and take down summer outside and replace with Fall

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

20 done and pretty much text book. First 10.15 in 2 hours. 20 done in 3:59:02. Had my former early morning partner, Dawn, meet me for the last 5 and that was awesome!  By time I finished was in low 70's. Drank 60 oz. during run, bottle of water after, diet coke now and still don't need to go to the bathroom. No cramps but that seems odd.

At at dd's soccer game. 79 now. Hot!

Nice job Karen and Ginny on your runs.

Lisa

Hi to all!  Yesterday's HM went surprisingly well, considering it was a last minute decision to run it.  Finished in 2:14, which was good enough for 2nd place in my AG.  Today, I did another 15.5 slow miles with a running buddy.  I'll be crewing for him a a 100 mile run (Rio del Lago) in November.

So much to catch up on here this weekend!  In reverse order....

Lisa, nice 20 miler!  What marathon do you have coming up?  That cider mill trip sounds like a delicious fall tradition.  I'd get myself in trouble with the doughnuts, though.

GinnyB, hooray for runs that go better than expected.  Hope your toes are doing better.

Marjorie, poor Qunicy but glad he's recovering well.  Exploring new neighborhoods on a run is fun.

Camille, congrats on the 5k yesterday!  I agree -- if the HM distance wouldn't be enjoyable, then change to something that you'll be happier doing.

Carol, how exciting that your GC trip is nearly here!

Tessa, the pick sounds like a great thing to do, both for the recipients of the fruit and for the kids out there working.

Cindy, sorry your 30k yesterday didn't go as hoped, but some races are like that.  It was good training on getting through adversity and continuing to move forward.  Hopefully you aren't too sore today!

Karen, hooray that the PF is on the mend!

Hi Damaris.  How is Chicago marathon training going?

I hope I didn't miss anyone... enjoy what's left of the weekend!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Gatsby-congrats on a great half!  2:14 is a great time. I have Detroit full on the 19th. It's the event that first for me running in 2005 on a relay team.  So this years event officially marks 10 years of running.  Last year I could only volunteer at it but otherwise I have participated every year.  Relay 3 times. Half 3 times. Full 2 times. Volunteer 1 time. My daughter (26year old as of today) did the half each time with me. Yeah, it's a special race for me.

Lisa

Anonymous Guest

Oops - thought I checked back in here awhile ago. I survived the 5K, it wasn't pretty, but it was fast enough for first in my age group. Even in good shape I wouldn't have been able to beat the overall winner, who ran a sub-20. I ran a 24:28, so slowest in several years and not much faster than what was supposed to be my marathon pace this fall, but I was happy to be able to run it. After my "long" run yesterday my entire body hurt and my foot was pretty bad. I could feel it this morning, but lots of stretching and an easy warmup and I was able to run without pain. Hurt a little bit after, but seems okay now. I think this is going to be a long long healing process. No more racing for quite some time. I'll still be completing the races (hopefully) I'm signed up for, but no trying to go fast until at least spring.

Nice running Gatsby.

Glad you got your 20 in Lisa.

Ginny, "I'm just going to go out for a few miles", nice run for you too.

Hi to all, it's past my bedtime and tomorrow is Monday already.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel