Womens Running

Monday's here already Supermoms (Read 29 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

NRR - high school era ex bf FB messaged me, he lives out east (Nova Scotia) and today his message said "sent from Toronto Ontario".  I haven't seen him in a few years (maybe 4-5?) and we're going to hang out this afternoon.

eh - I assumed you were going to go home and crash for the afternoon/evening.  Did you really stay awake for the entire day?  My legs feel fine, probably because I never stretch after runs and I'm used to it.

cx2 - I'm amazed that you can see C's molars..I never could, didn't want to put my fingers in Chompers McGee's mouth.

becky - sorry about BIL.  I would think your DH has access to info on who's in jail? I can do a shit HM any week with no plan, but I want to have some structured speedwork!

CA - I'd rather have the little break in tempo rather than get overwhelmed with 2 miles continuous, bail and feel like a loser.

arm - how old is DD? here you have to be 12 to take the babysitting course I think.

spike - every time you post pics of your house I'm reminded that before DH and I got together, he had a website with lot maps of new subdivisions, you could click on your lot and DH walked the subdivisions every night and took progress pics, there were too many people poking around the construction.

ernie - surely you are due to have a "normal" run today.

jen - lol on alligator.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

running eh

mjen - I don't know how I missed you, SORRY!!!  I love that alligator thing.  My kids always love the elevator too, but it also leads to fighting about who is going to push the buttons.  Usually while I am sorting out that fight DD2 tries to push the alarm button.   Great run - I know that I posted about SIL who peed three times in the bushes in 14ish kms - she still smoked me during the run and I didn't wait for her when she peed.

Zorbs - I was planning on sleeping - it didn't go well.  I am going to try to a nap now and then maybe I will have the energy for an easy recovery run followed by some stretching later on this evening.

Erniegirl

rg - Cute on R being DH's little buddy yesterday. S is usually all over DH on Sundays, too, like she knows he won't be going to work that day. Too bad your hike got rained out, but sounds like you had a nice, chill day.

zorbs - 12 week HM plan sounds totally sufficient given you already have a good base. I'm curious to hear how your meet up with high school bf goes. I met a high school bf for coffee a few years ago and it was kind of awkward.

eh - Boo to the 15-minute nap! That's almost worse than no nap. Outdoor swimming lessons are awesome most days in the summer, but then you get always get a day or two that are cold and miserable. Lol at contemplating topless living room yoga.

cx2  - Is there another local half coming up in the next few months that you can do? I wish I could rock S to sleep when she's fussy like that, but she's always too busy thrashing around!.

Becky - Oh boy on the family drama. Maybe every family has one of those. I have a derelict uncle who was in trouble with the law and whom no one has heard from for 10 years. Baked ziti sounds really good!

CA - You are going to rock your half! Well, I can't really blame M for not being able to make it through full length movies - sometimes I can barely make it through them myself.

Arm - Yay for possible future babysitting by DD! Sounds like you are getting settled into your new home.

Spike - Yuck on the wildfires/bad air. When does wildfire season typically go until?

Jen - I'm actually amazed you only require one pit stop during a 6 mile run. I seem to recall having to stop and pee pretty much every km when I was pg. Lol at riding the alligator!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

runnergirl9508

RR2: ran 8 miles this morning- it was cool, almost fall-like out there, perfect!

zorbs: I've never actually followed a training plan for a half- the majority of the ones I've run have always been during training for a FM. But I think that 16-18 weeks is too long. I actually ran my PR marathon on a 12-week program and it was the best I felt of any of the 5 I've run. cute that B put himself to sleep. have fun hanging out with ex bf today! did I tell you I lived in NS for a year?

reh: wtg on stopping the bloody guy on your LR yesterday- crazy! boo on the 15 min nap- that's the pits! bummer on the cool weather for swim lessons- i'm chilly sitting here in shorts today!

Cx2- nice run today- I saw a bunch of deer and thought of you this morning on my run! aww, yay for cuddle time! Tylenol usually seems to work on R, though one time I gave it to him and he turned into a maniac. I hope C's teeth cut quickly. Booo on the early wake-up today, rough start to a Monday.

Becky- have a great XT workout today. which pilates vid do you do? awww, poor C, sounds like he's really attached to his teacher. whoa on the family crazy drama- hope it's all settled soon.

CA- yay for such a great LR this weekend! you're going to have a great race at SW! great peak mileage too! I haven't tried a full-length movie with R yet. the most he sits for is about 15 minutes of Super Why. not that I mind. Hope O is totally better today. ahh, take advantage of the solo grocery shopping- R's really good in the store, but it's nice to have the solo time to browse, plus our grocery store has an awesome café with delicious coffee.

armmama- nice job this morning on your run- good luck this weekend on your half! I think you'll easily beat your old time. hahahaha, sounds like me with R's hair- I've trimmed it a couple of times, so he doesn't have the baby mullet thing going on, but he grows such adorable curls...

spike- loved the pic of youf family at the new house- so exciting! yikes on the wildfire smoke- stay safe. ha- sounds like my R- long naps and a bottomless pit right now- must be growing! good luck with the supervisor visit, i'm sure it will go well.

Ernie- hahaha, your weekend runs were definitely memorable! I hope today's was just a boring run Wink cute on S crawling into bed- sounds like you guys had a great weekend. aw, how nice that DH is taking her out today!

Jen; I've missed you posting here!!!! great job with your mileage. glad that J was happy, despite the napping situation. R usually naps and sleeps well while we travel, I think it's because we're soooo busy he just gets exhausted! good luck with the work/job hunt.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

Popping in real quick from home on my break-

eh- DH tries to do at least one state mobe fire a year because that's how our volunteer association makes money.

Re: supervisory visit- we only have these every few years and I honestly don't remember what they are all about. We have surprise audits annually, but I don't really worry about those because I'm awesome and pass with flying colors. It just makes me nervous because I don't know what they are going to ask me with the supervisory visit.

zorbs- I randomly had 2 of my future neighbors friend me on FB last night- maybe they were watching us out the window? lol At least our house is a couple miles out of town so the only people who would poke around are people who are already in the neighborhood.

ernie- fire season is usually late july-late october.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

armmama

zorbs - she is 10.5. The class is for girls 10-15.