Womens Running

Wee We Weekend. (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

Anonymous Guest

A10 done. Sister had some GI issues so we ended up doing some walking and finished in 2:14. Beautiful weather for August - 60s and pretty low humidity during the race. This has really been a really mild summer overall for us.  I could feel the foot during the race but it wasn't super painful. Still feeling it whenever I stand up. Gonna stretch and ice and rest and hope for the best.

Lisa, your DD looks so grown up! I still picture her as that bored little girl at DWD bored to tears in the relay van.

Gatsby, how was the race? We have been out and about all day so I haven't heard/seen much about the earthquake. You and yours okay?

camille, glad you're feeling better. You must do some amazing hikes up your way.

Nice miles Marjorie.

Damaris, feeling better yet? I have an incredibly optimistic friend that always used to say "I'm not getting sick, I'm getting better". I hope in your case that's the truth.

Funny thing happened this morning in the race parking lot. Over 4,000 people signed up for the race. We're at the car deciding whether to hit the port-a-pottys and up walks the 71 year old guy I've seen at every race this summer (much smaller races). He was parked about 3 cars away. I had to leave early after the last race we did (one mile) so I didn't stick around for the awards. He had picked up my medal assuming he'd see me at the next race and had it with him.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Anonymous Guest

Question: have any of you been called out in the ice bucket challenge? I thought I'd made it through, but over the weekend got challenged by 3 different people. And I just don't want to do it. I kinda feel like it's jumped the shark. I'll donate, but I don't want to do the video. And the thing says donate or, so okay. Am I a boring stick in the mud? My one cousin challenged a bunch of the cousins (including me and my sister) since one of our cousins was diagnosed with ALS last year and died just a few months later. So we were trying to think of something creative to do, but neither one of us really wants to do it. We were dumping water on our heads at one water stop because it was getting hot and we were both like "challenge done, did the race photographer get that?"

Karen-I was over it from the start, pretty much because of what I knew it would become.  Feeling kind of snarky for that too.  I have seen others comment that they have donated without the dump.  Today we would have welcomed the ice bucket.  Glad the foot held up.

Lisa

camille2

Karen, congrats on another race.  It's too bad sis had stomach issues.  On the ice bucket challenge, isn't the deal to donate to the one who calls you out if you don't do it?  If I were you, I'd just donate to the cousin.   We do have amazing hikes here. Tree line is low so many have great views.

Neat of that guy to get your medal for you.

Lisa, that's a neat story with the baby raccoons. Nice pic, too.

I felt good on the run so did 8.2 including warm up/cd walk.  It was cool and misty.

I been looking at fall half marathons.     I'd like to do 2-3 I think, but  don't want to sign up too early in case my body doesn't cooperate and geez...they're about 80 for a  half.  That seems a lot.

Bikerchick1

Karen - Hope the foot is doing ok.  I am SO in agreement on the ice bucket issue.  I was feeling a "snarkey" for thinking that, so glad I am not along in thinking.  DH and I just got challenged...a couple of time today.  Would rather donate.

Lisa - Would have loved an ice bucket out there today tho!

Camille - Halfs are becoming pricey aren't they!

So, Lisa and Kaite, did a wonderful job leading our running group today!  Was an awesome run.  I was NOT a fan of the raccoons....was so afraid they were going to bite us, and we would all be going for rabies injections.  Poor Lisa, they would NOT leave her alone.  They started to follow her, and if we tried to run up to her they turned around and hissed and growled.  One little guy, did not look healthy.  Thought we were never going to get by them.  I posted a couple of pics on FB, but can never get them on here.  3 of us ended up getting our 20 in, our other 2 did about 17.  Went and jumped in the lake after...ahhhh.  2 hour drive home and rigor mortis has set in my legs now...

Carol

Anonymous Guest

I been looking at fall half marathons.     I'd like to do 2-3 I think, but  don't want to sign up too early in case my body doesn't cooperate and geez...they're about 80 for a  half.  That seems a lot.

I'd like to suggest Hartford, Newport or Baltimore. If one of the first two, you can share lodging with me and Tessa, and we're not spending a lot on lodging as is. If Baltimore, as long as you don't welcome dog fur, you can stay here. So yes, a lot for a half, but......you can save money other places. Of course, you'd probably pay the most for travel. But new states! And meeting me and Tessa! (Or just me if Baltimore)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I just ignore the videos. I'm not into watching people get ice dumped on their heads. Karen just make a donation. Send a pm "thanks for the challenge.  I've sent a donation to ALS. " That should be enough.

A lot of people are sick of the videos now. It is getting too much.

Carol  id be scared  of the raccoons too

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

camille, how about a free entry into Baltimore? You'd have to run dressed as a giant cup of Dunkin Donuts coffee though.

https://www.facebook.com/BaltimoreRunningFestival?v=app_340493986057345&rest=1

camille2

posted: 8/24/2014 at 4:24 PM

camille, how about a free entry into Baltimore? You'd have to run dressed as a giant cup of Dunkin Donuts coffee though.

https://www.facebook.com/BaltimoreRunningFestival?v=app_340493986057345&rest=1

Well Karen, that's an idea, but at this point, it'll be challenging enough to run a half in my shorts.

I'll check out the races since I'd love to meet you and Tessa, but I was really looking at GA, NC and TN since I not returning to GA until Oct 2. thanks for invite!

Carol, maybe those raccoons weren't so neat if they hissed and growled.  Great job on getting in the 20.

Ginny, how are you this weekend?

Modified:

I just looked on CNN website for the earthquake news and it said over 7000 in Santa Rosa are still without power.  That's where Gatsby's race was, though I don't know if it's her town. I hope we hear from her soon.

Arimathea

Tessa

Gatsby, check in! It sounds bad.

Lisa, those raccoons look cute. I'd be worried about rabies though.

And when did Kaite get so grown up?

Karen, so funny about the guy picking up your medal figuring he'd see you at the next race.

Have not been ice bucket challenged, thank goodness. I don't mind making a donation to ALS research/search for a cure, it's a horrible disease, but I don't want to feel forced into it.

Made it home all right, tired. And didn't run yesterday or today. I should be meeting RN tomorrow morning.