Womens Running

No Bra WEEKENDS!! (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

OK, I switched my reservations to the Radisson.  I'm easy that way.    7 mile jog for me this morning, balmy 40 degrees!   DH was home to take the kids to the Halloween dance last night, so double score.  

Margaret, nice 15 and nice volunteering!

Lizzie, I'm glad I didn't have to think of some clever hashtag when I got married.     Even though I switched my reservations, we will make sure that you and Sandy have no problem getting around!  

Diane, sorry about your MIL.

Kat, hope your day went better today!

Karen, you are the same chest size as Riley?    Nice costumes!  Blowing off the race sounds good.    I have a Radisson account now.    Speedy co-worker was behind the first place guy by about 15 seconds at the end.  I am guessing he didn't have anything left to pass him.  I guess running a marathon is not good prep for a 5K?     He did run an additional 6 miles on the course after that, he said it was a beautiful course.  He slowed down to an 8:30 pace though.  

Kupcakes, sucks about the short course!  I hate that.  Did you at least shop for a sex toy?  

Cathy

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

How is it Sunday night already? Sad Busy day! HCF got the curtains hung up - it took him ALL day. LOL. He even ironed all 8 panels Smile While he was doing that I cleaned the house and mopped the floors and did a grocery shop. Unlike Karen, ours was packed. I did the grocery shopping so fast I broke a sweat! Smile I wanted to get out of there!

OH..my gift! I forgot to tell you guys haha - it is a sign for Ruger to wear for our pictures. I actually had custom ones made for him to wear, but we will get a few with the gifted sign, too Smile

Karen - LOVE the banana family costume idea. Please take plenty of photos! Ugh, your weather. I would have skipped the race, too. But hey, your temps will be in the low 50’s this week! That is something to look forward too Smile I think we are actually supposed to be in the high 70’s tomorrow and then the temperatures drop again Tuesday. This weather is just ingredients for a sickness. Fried chicken? That sounds yummy. So do burgers! Burgers really aren’t too bad for you. LOL on your high school paper - cute sweaters are the best! Smile

Margaret - Loved your witches hat and wig! Smile Oh man engagement outfits have been a nightmare. I think I finally found something today at Target Smile I was trying to go with Olive green so it would bring out my eyes Smile

Docket - Good luck with the 8 tonight!

Run4kupcakes - LOL!! Sex toy parties being offered at a race?! LOL. That is funny. So random. UGGGHHH on the race being short! Have they come out and said anything officially yet? Ugh, that sucks. Sad

Cathy - Your last name would be hard to think of a hashtag for Smile Night run this morning! Thats so warm Wink Your speedy co-worker makes me sick.

Have a good night!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Hi ladies. Just a fly by for me. But I did want to say congratulations to kilmister on her new baby.

Also Diane I'm so sorry about your MIL. Cancer sucks.

Yesterday I ran the 25k race. I was 11th from the bottom. Nice! I fully expected to be dfl due to my lack of training. Plus I was able to pass at least 5 men. Cool.

Today I ran 6 recovery miles. They were as hard as the 25k. Lol

Tomorrow I plan on registering for the Twilight Zone 24 hour race that lisa suggested and if all goes well on Tuesday with my followup I will register for Glass City. From reading here i see most are staying at the radisson so I will try to book a room there if prices aren't exorbitant as in all likelihood I will be in room solo.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Congrats, Lori!

We hit 100F heat index today, once again.  90F has been the high in temps for 4, if not 7 days.  I really hope Summer ends this year at some point before Summer 2019 starts in February or March.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

YaY for the Radisson.

Lori, there was a 48hr sale at the Radisson according to their site.  Maybe book now/today?  Expedia was the same price and had free cancellation.  Just letting you know.

TIRED!  BUSY day.  Now i have to BE at work tomorrow at 7am.  Not a positive feeling about it.  Just a niggle.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

YaY for the Radisson.

Lori, there was a 48hr sale at the Radisson according to their site.  Maybe book now/today?  Expedia was the same price and had free cancellation.  Just letting you know.

TIRED!  BUSY day.  Now i have to BE at work tomorrow at 7am.  Not a positive feeling about it.  Just a niggle.

K

Which Radisson is it?  I'll book right now if we are all staying there...

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

The one at the University, should be about 100+ taxes/night.

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Thanks!  Booked there Saturday through Monday (2 nights), yay me!  Just remind me when I book my airfare, lol.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Glass City:  I found this AirBNB. Sleeps up to 9. $166/night + cleaning + service fees=$612 total for Friday - Monday, based on 9 people. That's $68 per person. I'm reserving it with 48 hours to cancel. Check it out and let me know if you're interested. I will share a bed with no problem. Abhay said we can borrow the van too. For those coming in and not doing The Trail half on Saturday... you can borrow my Mazda (stick shift). If we have less people it would cost less.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/18731429?s=51

Lisa

On a running note.. Saturday ran 9 with A. We got to the trailhead, got out of van and the key fob stopped working. Couldn't get it unlocked. No worries, there's an actual key in the fob. Well there was a blank key in there but he warmed the battery and got it to open. I had the idea to not risk it not opening again AFTER we ran but instead to run back to his house. We were going later to look at some cars so he had cash with him. Lots of cash! The envelope wouldn't fit in the small Nathan back pocket of his vest but fit into my bigger UD vest. Joked about literally running off with his money. Ended up looking at two different cars but neither were "it." Did end up in Holland, MI so went to the New Holland Brewery there.... Dragon's Milk on top.. even the 4 special kinds. had very small sampler ones and shared. Took our time eating before heading back.

Sunday I ran from his house out to the Poto trail. He met me at one of the road crossings and we ran the last 8 miles together. 19.5 for me.

For me that was a big mileage week with over 42 miles. Will cut back the next two weeks but will be out running for sure.

Missing personals but excited about Elina wanting to do her first marathon over here. Once she picks the race, I'll share it. Looking at ones that are fairly East and fairly North but including some Wisconsin and MN races in there. End of June to mid August is the window.

Lisa