Womens Running

Vendor Thursday (Over 40) (Read 15 times)

No alliteration there but here's to just the right amount of goodies coming to your workplace.

We're already working to consolidate one tower of baked goods.  Next week we have 2 holiday parties.. one corporate departments and one departmental.  There may still be a company-wide dessert gathering.  I better head to the gym!  I'm avoiding running outside for the next couple of weeks to see if tm is better than concrete.  I think it is so will try this.  So boring though that I could never only do tm.

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

The TM is sometimes a necessity (definitely more bouncy and kinder to body) since weather is an issue but outside is more fun.

Heel is getting gradually better, so I will try the track later today. I strongly feel a shoe was the problem but do not know yet which one. Haircut and color day today. Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Good Morning and Happy Thursday.

1 quick mile on TM followed by weights and abs.  Looking forward to Fri - Sun outside running

Lisa - We haven't had much from vendors so far this year, though there was some fudge in the break room last week (I was able to resist thank goodness).  We have our company 'party' next Friday in Alpena (isn't that where your son lives?), I use party in quotes since it's really a mandatory meeting and I have to go on my regular day off blah (not to mention the two hour drive each way).  I am taking next Thursday off instead but that's our office luncheon so I will go in for a couple of hours for that...don't mind really since I like my co workers, it's about 5 minutes from my house and all I have to do is bring food and eat lol.

Judy - our roads are pretty good right now, have had a dry spell which I love.  I have just been sticking to TM due to the darkness.  For the most part, I only need to use it M-Th until spring, I am good so long as I can be outside at least a couple of times a week.

Hi Carol - was down your way last Sunday but didn't have a chance to do xmas shopping.  I am doing that tomorrow, hope to finish up.  I have done some shopping, but only from my couch ha ha.

Crazy Sue - I will have to go back and read  your post, but sounds like some excitement is going on!  Congrats on the BF moving in!

Damaris - hope the party was fun!  BF's is this Saturday evening, I don't really like to go since I don't know many people that he works with, but the food's usually good so I will force myself through it lol

Karen - tis the season for food!!  You have good willpower and will get back on track after the holiday!

Tessa - hope it is less busy for you soon!  We have over a week off between Xmas and New Years, which is great, but so busy trying to fit everything in before the holiday and then trying to catch up in January ugh

Marjorie - oh, those peppermint pops sound amazing!!  Nice 10.1!

Hi to everyone I have missed!!  I only had time to go back to yesterday's thread

Bikerchick1

Lisa - Wow, that is alot of goodies would take some iron-will power to resist!!!   Good Luck on the DM.  Luckily we have NOTHING...in the past drug reps would bring us treats, now they can't beause of some government regulations.... 

Judy - Love haircolor & cut time - enjoy!!!

LCruns - Mandatory meeting 2 hours away....hope the weather is good for you.  This week-end looks wonderful doesn't it Smile

Had a great run with RB's last night...it is our "speed work" night.  Was chilly out.

DD had her high risk OB US yesterday (to rule out any heart conditions for the baby - because of Aly), and everything is fine .... whew.  We were all nervous.  She and DH found out what the sex is but they are waiting until Christmas to tell everyone.  Though she said she couldn't show me the US picture because it would give it away....so figure that means a boy....LOL!    Not really sure what to do with boys.....I only know about girls 

Going to give the new Yoga teacher another chance tonight.

Hi to all!

Carol

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day. My normal hotels were booked. So the one I stayed at last night I hadn't been to before. This one looks fine on street view but I didn't feel running here was good. And the parking lot was jammed packed so laps would have been dangerous at best. i refuse use to do the TM and rest won't kill me. I know tomorrow I can explore my dads neighborhood. That should be fun

After training today I go to my dads

sue I hope dbf surgery is successful

Laura there are pics of the pops on my fb page. Wasn't too hard to make.

Carol you'll figure it out if it is a boy!

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Hour on the bike last night and it completely and thoroughly kicked my butt. I guess my legs are still recovering a bit from Saturday's marathon and I should have picked an easier workout. Tonight I plan to run a few (# to be determined) miles. If this wind dies down I'll run outside, otherwise the TM.

The box of chocolate-covered pretzels out there today is evil.

Carol, great news about soon-to-be grandchild!

Hi to all!

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Anonymous Guest

We have a lot of creative people in this thread and I could use some suggestions. My Pilates studio is running a contest in December where you post a picture of you doing a Pilates move somewhere unique. The winner gets a package of 4 privates sessions ($240). I was going to do one at the finish of the Rehoboth Marathon Saturday, but after about 20 miles, I decided that it was okay if someone else won (you can rationalize not doing just about anything after 20 miles). Plus I was afraid if I got down on the ground I'd have trouble getting back up! Now I'm regretting it and trying to think of another idea. Any ideas?

Best thought I've got so far is next Tuesday is our office Christmas party at Buca di Beppo. We have the table with the Pope head. Maybe get the boss and a coworker or two to do triceps dips on the side of the table (and get the Pope in the pic for good measure). Kinda boring. DH is going to the UK next week - maybe I could show him a move or two and he could enter. Someone has already done one at the national Christmas tree downtown. If we still had a boat, something on the foredeck would have been good.

Anything?

Edited to add:

Oooh, maybe something on Metro. Except the train floors are nasty. And people will look at me funny if I ask someone to take a picture. This requires more thought.....

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

ginnyb

Now that I have run maybe twice in 2 weeks, I am contemplating doing the Santa Hustle on Sunday.  Think I am crazy? I am sure I can do a 5K, right?  They have a half too, but that would be pushing it.  I know I could walk the Half, but knowing myself, even though I run so slow, I know I would try to run it.   So......it is this Sunday, can still register on packet pick up day which is Saturday.  Now I am mad at myself for slacking off..  One of the reasons I am wanting to do it is that only one lady in my AG has run either one in the past 2 years.  What does that make me?  Very competitive?  That's not the word I am thinking, what is it?

ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Karen-how about staging a pic with the Washington Memorial or Capital Building in it...

Lisa