Womens Running

Marvelous Monday Supermoms (Read 23 times)

runnergirl9508

zorbs- hope the physio helped out this morning. enjoy your run later today. wow, way to go B! homemade stock adds so much flavor. I use stock in place of water when I cook rice.

Ernie- hope the acupuncture helps, and feels relaxing! bootcamp runs for a full month, every mon/weds/fri morning. this Friday is our last day of this session, then Monday will start a new one. most of the boot campers will roll right into the next month. lol on the toddler call! at least it wasn't at 4:30 am?!

reh: yikes on the late wake-up today but glad you made it with minimal whining. the charm sounds like a good idea- can you do one for each of your kids birth stones? have a great easy run later. my mom lives 3hrs away, so she usually stays 3-4 days when she comes. we always have such a great time!

CA- wowzers, a 90 minute massage sounds amazing!!! glad that M was so well-behaved yesterday and that O was content, despite no nap. hooray on selling the car so quickly! R loves to help in the kitchen, he carefully cracks the eggs into the bowl, so cute!

spike- mmm cranberry apple crisp sounds awesome! ugh, I hate it when R wakes up grouchy from a nap. i'm like, "dude, you just slept for 2.5hrs, you should be ridiculously happy." hope you can get some good runs in this week! wow on all the house cleaning- feels great doesn't it! good for scheduling a counseling session- I hope it really helps.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

runnergirl- R napped for almost 3 hours yesterday and it took a good 40 minutes to get past the grumpy stage. It didn't help that he fell asleep before lunch though.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

running eh

RR#2 - I think I will skip out on the run today.  I have a tempo tomorrow and I would like to feel good for that.  I will roll and stretch instead.

CA - enjoy that massage, hope it gets rid of the aches and pains.  Glad you sold DH's car.  I agree, a lesser price is worth not having the hassle.  I need to do some meal prep today or tomorrow too - way to get so much done yesterday.

zorbs - It would be fun to see you at the 10k.  I don't know if Leanne is planning on sticking around, but she is doing the 5k

spike - so glad R did so well w. the bed.  I sometimes thing of moving DD2 to a bed, especially when I hear her rolling into the crib rails, but she doesn't climb out and she seems to sleep ok, so I think I will keep her in a while longer.  Poor DH, he is missing out on some really good food!!  Wink

arm - I hope you can avoid all that sickness that has been going around!    Wow on doing groceries at 730am!!  I guess the store isn't busy then.  Did you get to do the groceries kidless??  If I go kidless I can be gone for hours!!  Way to go hanging up pics!

Erniegirl

Acupuncture was so interesting! Some needles I didn't feel at all and in some spots I felt a little zing. Then my hands and feet got cold and my abdomen got warm. And I got to lie there with my eyes closed for half an hour so it was super relaxing. I felt like I'd just slept eight hours after I left Smile

~~~~~

eh - Wow, that's pretty amazing that everyone made the bus in 15 minutes! It's warming up out there so I'm sure they'll be fine without their winter coats. Hope your mom has a nice birthday! I don't know the person that S called, but apparently he is a farmer, so I figure he was probably already awake when she called at 7 am.

CA - 90 minute massage? Jealous! Yup, I'd much rather sell the car quickly than wait around and try to get a better price. I saw a clip of Calgary on the weather network last night and they were saying your temperature went from 20C to snowing basically in one day. Crazy!

zorbs - Yup, that's pretty much what she said about the acupuncture - it generally takes a few sessions to see results and she can't say with certainty how long it would take. The idea for fertility is that they re-balance your hormones, which can get out of whack for any number of reasons, including pregnancy, childbirth and bfing.  I'm going back next Monday.

spike - Lol at R thinking he's a bad as. Do you have one of the cribs that eventually converts to a double bed? Cranberry apple crisp sounds yummy! Hope the counselling helps. I got pg with S on the first shot and this time it is taking awhile, so not sure if I am necessarily having trouble conceiving or just not as lucky this time, but I am impatient to get the show on the road.

arm - We have the same problem with the iPad here...it's so useful to keep them behaved in restaurants but then the whining for it at home is so brutal! Or throwing a tantrum because it's being charged! Worst. I love it when I'm able to get to the grocery store that early. It always seems so peaceful and you feel so accomplished for having it done. Hope you stay healthy for your marathon!

rg - 3x a week bootcamp is a great schedule. So much more effective than most group fitness classes that people attend just once a week.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

superspike113

Honorary Old

Ernie- Yes, its convertible to a double but we never bought the rails for that. We figured we'd use this set for baby #2, or if we decide no baby #2, we would eventually buy him something a little more grown up that will carry him through his teenage years since it has a Dresser/changer combo. That's cool about the acupuncture. I could use some relaxation, I'm always anxious, but its worse than normal right now.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Massage ended up being close to 2 hrs long... and while that sounds amazing, and is very good for my tight body, it really was pretty much torture while it was going on.  She IS amazing at getting things to release, but it's incredibly painful.

ernie - yup crazy weather here, RP and I ran on Friday, high of 15 or so, Sunday, snowfall warning.

RG - omg, I can't imagine letting M crack the eggs!  She's so messy, it would be a disaster!

arm - at this point it's not a big deal if you run!  Enjoy the easy week, you've earned it.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

CA/RG- I let R help me crack and whisk eggs yesterday. He was delighted.

Erniegirl

CA/spike/rg - I'll bet S would love it if I let her crack eggs....but unless I want to hose down my entire kitchen, I'm thinking this activity should take place outside!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

superspike113

Honorary Old

CA/spike/rg - I'll bet S would love it if I let her crack eggs....but unless I want to hose down my entire kitchen, I'm thinking this activity should take place outside!

I let R hold the egg in his hand while sitting on the counter, and then I guided the motion. We did have to wash egg off his hand, but he was very careful when whisking Smile