Womens Running

Mopey Monday - Supermoms (Read 14 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - something, probably 4 miles.

KR - B: I don't feel well. My finger hurts. I have to go see the doctor.
    Me: well, let Dr. Mommy kiss it better.
    B: you're Dr. Mommy! I'm Dr. Bryden! (points at G) and this is Dr. Daddy!

FR - sausages and grilled veggies, although nothing sounds good.  I ate less than 1000 calories yesterday.

NRR - I want to apologize again for hijacking the thread yesterday with my personal drama, which is why I deleted it. I will not be posting about it on FB again.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runninmer

Morning

rr: Probably not. Ran both Saturday and Sunday. Both 3.1 and it felt good. Just easing back in.

Rr#2:  so they are offering a morning spin class for the summer. It is at 6 am. During the school year, I get up at 5, so it's not that it is early, butit is  early for summer. Not sure if I should do it or not. I like the cardio option as I fall too quickly into the I only run category. Hmmmm.,.,

BR:  was in rare form last Night.  Got cranky around 4:15, only wanted to be held and wouldn't eat. Was sleeping at 6:30. So we work him from 7-8 and put him down. That is not like him,

TR:  has a major reaction to a mosquito bite on his arm. Like his arm is twice the size it should be. We not no cream or Benadryl in the house so DH will pick that up today.

NRR:  Today is my last day. Yes, I am at work. We have to do 8 hours of professional development before July 1 so I am doing it today to get it out of the way. I am already dreaming about what time I will go home!!

fr. We had grilled hot dogs on pretzel buns last night. Really goo!  I made a rhubarb dump cake and that was good too....a little watery, but good!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - SRD.

KR - spent most of the day outside yesterday!  She came with me to the JDRF walk, and was really good.  Played in the bouncy houses afterwards and had lots of fun.

TR - tried the bouncy house for the first time and had a blast!  Seemed to be a bit better for DH this weekend too which is good.

FR - cranberry pork, rice, broccoli.

NRR - it's DH and my 7th anniversary!  We're going out for dinner on Thursday night.

zorbs - I don't think anyone minded your post, but I can also understand why you wouldn't want to air personal stuff like that.  Feel free to msg me on fb if you ever want to talk privately.

mer - glad your running is feeling good!  Do you have to sign up ahead for the spin?  I'd probably go for it, you'll love being done your workout so early and get to enjoy the day!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: yesterday was a Rest day, we were on the road and I felt crappy once we got home. Today is probably another RD too because I have a hair appt for color/cut after work.

TR: So yeah, R was practicing swear words in the car this morning. Both Dh and I (but especially DH) need to clean up our language. So then, smart alec kid starts talking about Foxes since I don't him he couldn't drop F bombs anymore. Nice try.

FR: last night was pasta, something with chicken tonight. Maybe stirfry?

NRR1: Neighbor kid was out burning weeds on a gusty day (had been warned by two adjoining neighbors that it was a bad idea), had a hose that was too short to reach, and the fire got away from him and burnt the neighbor's fence. DH called him a dipshit to his face after calling in the FD on his radio. The kid deserved it, but I feel like DH forgets we have to live next to these people every day.

NRR2: Visited DH's grandma yesterday and took a tour of the dam where DH currently works before he starts his new job. Air conditioning is broken in my office and the thermostat says its 79* in here right now.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- you don't have anything to apologize for. We made suggestions because we want to help. I know you have had bad experiences in the past, but maybe you could look at it like a bad race and try again??  My appetite has been off and my stomach doesn't feel right, I got a migraine from eating too little yesterday and was really crabby when we got home from tricities.

mer- I love rhubarb! Would it make you feel better to know that school doesn't get out until Wednesday here? I wake up really early to run in the summer to beat the heat so 6 am doesn't sound too early to me.

CA- Happy anniversary!  R did a bounce house last year but would only go in if there were no other kids occupying it because they were too rowdy.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

mer - where do you find hot dog pretzel buns? I've only ever seen..the "normal" kind of HD bun.  Yikes on the mosquito bite, sounds like me!  the antihistamine for bite swelling that I take is called hydroxyzine.  Benadryl has absolutely zero effect on my bites.

CA - I was thinking about your dresses thing, and wonder if I would have 30 dresses to wear. Are you allowed to do skirts?

spike - hheehhe, so is R yelling, "FOX FOX!" we tell B he should be saying Fork.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - the bounce house that O tried was empty when she went in, and was designed for the super little kids, so it was perfect for her.  I'm horrible for swearing infront of kids, luckily my kids haven't picked any up so far.

zorbs - yup skirts are allowable.  I bought 9 dresses last week at value village for less than $100, so that will help.  I might repeat some of my fav's, and also have skirts I can go to, though dresses are so easy since I don't have to coordinate anything but shoes.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

runnergirl9508

RR: bootcamp followed by 5 humid miles this morning. I kept wishing it would start to rain. Felt good today.

TR: had a blast with gma this weekend. she took him out for ice cream, read a million and one books with him, and played at the park and outside a lot. I'm so happy that she's an active gma- I know too many who just sit and have little interaction with their grandkids.

NRR: weekend went well, but fast! Did some shopping with my mom and R on Sat, sewed one of the three curtains I'm making for his room. I need to finish pinning and sewing the other 2 today. first one came out great.

PGR: had an ultrasound this morning to check baby's size and amniotic fluid level. Baby girl is est at 5lb9oz right now, +-13oz. She's still head down and low. I have a regular check-up tomorrow at 37 weeks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

zorbs- no need to apologize. Part of the reason I love the supermoms is that we are a safe place to go when one of us needs to vent/share. If "talking" about it on FB helps you sort through things, then post away! We're always here to listen. Aww, cute about Dr B!

Mer- yay for pain-free back to back runs. How many days/week is the spin class? I'd go- it will be nice to have your workout done for the day before the rest of the world is getting up! I hope that H is feeling ok. Yikes on the bite. Yay for last day!

CA- aw, sounds like a nice day with M. R was outside pretty much non-stop all weekend- I'm not sure who was more tired by the end of the day- him or me! Happy Anniversary.

spike- are you going for a big change with your hair? Yikes on the swearing. R said something the other day that sounded like "bullsh!t" but DH and I couldn't get him to repeat it, so we kind of just brushed it off. Ugh, I'd call that kid a dipshit too. Boo on the broken AC- that sucks! Hope it's fixed soon

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

CA/Zorbs- yeah, we were driving down the road and I heard "Donnit" and "fock" coming from the backseat. He parroted DH in the car yesterday and we told him it was naughty and that DH would be getting a timeout and a spanking for saying bad words. So this morning after I told him he shouldn't say that, he asked if daddy ever got his timeout and spanking, and I told him I did it before bedtime hehe. After that he tried so say he was talking about foxes. Not buying it, buddy.

superspike113

Honorary Old

RG- nope, just doing my highlights that I do 2-3x a year and I'm just trimming up my hair since its still growing out from the pixie. I think I'm almost back to my normal bob hairstyle. I did enough experimenting in the last two years with the pixie cut and purple streaks to last me for a while.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

CA/Zorbs- yeah, we were driving down the road and I heard "Donnit" and "fock" coming from the backseat. He parroted DH in the car yesterday and we told him it was naughty and that DH would be getting a timeout and a spanking for saying bad words. So this morning after I told him he shouldn't say that, he asked if daddy ever got his timeout and spanking, and I told him I did it before bedtime hehe. After that he tried so say he was talking about foxes. Not buying it, buddy.

that's pretty coy/cute at the same time.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RG- nope, just doing my highlights that I do 2-3x a year and I'm just trimming up my hair since its still growing out from the pixie. I think I'm almost back to my normal bob hairstyle. I did enough experimenting in the last two years with the pixie cut and purple streaks to last me for a while.

I want to dye my hair purple, but after my blue hair debacle from last year (faded to a hideous green at the end) - I'm curious what does purple fade to? pink?

superspike113

Honorary Old

I want to dye my hair purple, but after my blue hair debacle from last year (faded to a hideous green at the end) - I'm curious what does purple fade to? pink?

It was a dark violet color and she mixed it with a brown base, so it faded to kind of a milk chocolate color. Wasn't the most attractive, but wasn't hideous either. I just FB messaged you photos of it bright and faded out.