Womens Running

Here we go again MONDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Monday!  Quickish check-in, I have a meeting soon...  DD's trail race was Saturday.  From the beginning she was not feeling good.  About a 1/4 mile in she said her knee hurt and she wanted to stop.  I was trying to figure out if it was a real injury or something she could run through.  We slowed down and she started complaining about her foot.  It did not help that it was also warm and humid.  There was a 4 story tower to climb also and DD does not like heights.  She started crying during the race.  I pulled her along for a lot of it and we walked up the big hills.  We did not carry our own water because DD had not needed it during the other races.  But this race the water stop was about 3 miles in.  DD was really thirsty.  It did not help that it was about a 3.8 mile 5K.    When we saw the lake near the finish line, DD perked up and she sped up.  She still had her finishing sprint!  She did thank me for getting her through the race.  She finished 5th in her AG but there were other girls behind her.  She is still 1st in the Series, but not by much!  2 races to go.  I am guessing I will have to run those last 2 with her.  The good news is that I felt fine during the race.  I did a 10 mile long run on Sunday, glad to welcome the heat and humidity back.  

There was a party at the finish line for RB's 60th birthday and he was surprised.  Afterwards we hung out at the lake, it was a beautiful day for it.  DD was fine after the race.

Lizzie, congrats to HCF and awesome about the Harley!  I have a work phone that I also use as a personal phone.  I don't do anything risque on it.  

Sandy, haha on the granny omelet!

Karen, congrats on the new pup!  Rerun is a cute name, I like it!  Better than Groot or Drax.  

Kat, wow, that is a long walk!  And a nice pace!  Awesome!

Cathy

dhuffman63

Trails

Kat, a lot of next year will depend on BB.  But I still think a 29 hour 100k is doable.  Course I could be crazy too.  Nice 8 miles.  That's about my pace so I think we'll be well matched.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Susan – Oh man. I am sure you are so excited to be back after 3 weeks  Smile Wait, you would have been ticketed if you didn’t do the class?! What gym is that?! I hate when people reply all! I don’t understand..how are people that dumb?!

Run4kupcakes – Laughing about that fantasy football!

Docket – Hope the ankle doesn’t bother you tonight!

Sandy – Nice bike ride on Saturday! And nice workout yesterday. Nothing beats Sunday breakfast. Granny omelet? LOL. Sounds yummy! Nothing wrong with drinking beer on a Sunday Smile Wow, nice workout this morning! That is defiantly some crossfit shit haha. Sounds difficult. I cannot express how much I hate tricep dips. Those and tricep pushups..UUUGGGHHHH. Is it going to be super hot on Wednesday? I figured that maybe why you switched your days around. Now I am just being nosey  Smile I hope you don’t get a ticket today! That is exactly how I justify my LR on Friday – the fact that I have to be up early anyway. I always feel like its extra hard to get out the door Saturday. NO riding on the motorcycle for me. He didn’t even get one that has that option. I rode on the back of a bike once and hated it. It feels like you could fly off that thing. Now granted, I rode on my ex’s crotch rocket and a Harley is a little different…but still. Maybe someday.

Ginny – I saw your picture on Facebook this morning  Smile Nice workout!

Kathryn – Holy big brother!! Wow! That alone makes me want to get my own personal phone haha.

Diane – They want us to be “available”. If they wanted to make it difficult, then I could just leave it behind and blame any missed calls on them. LOL. Mammel seems to be getting on his high horse lately and I have a sneaky suspicion he is going to tell me not to have OT. Well, since I am hourly, I always charge for an after hours call. If he gets rid of that, then I will turn that phone OFF when I leave the office. Glad your eyes are feeling better today. Happy to hear you had a great time this weekend. Sorry you can’t make it to Ohio!

Kilmisters – You are almost there – I LOVE that out of office reply. LOL. I may steal it. The budget stuff is almost done! Think of it that way. YAY for the September HM and YAY for company sponsor! That is awesome!

Karen – I love the name Rerun!!! Riley and Rerun..awww. I am surprised my client doesn’t block things on our cellphone. They block everything on the computer – even restaurant menus. Nice run this morning! Oh let us know if Kohls has any good deals! I think I got a coupon from them, too.

Kathryn – No riding for me (well, the bike anyway Wink ). YAY for Habanero..I am glad you decided to do it!! Nice job with the 8!!!

Cathy – Aw, I am proud of DD for pushing through!!! Poor thing. She must have not done so bad because 5th in AG is awesome!! She will do better the next race and keep her 1st place spot. I have faith! Yay for you feeling good, too! Smile Nice LR! Have fun in the meeting..hehe.

I just turned around and what do I see outside my glass window?? FULL MAMMEL FRONTAL. WTH. Ew he is disgusting. How is he married? Doesn’t she check his pants before he leaves? Maybe its his diaper that’s causing it.

Ready to go!!!! Staying a little late today since abs doesn't start until 5. Have a good afternoon everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Kilmisters

Kat, nice walk!

Diane, I was talking to my friend few days ago and casually mentioned that ''some runner friends of mine have signed up/are training for 100k''. All she had to say was how insane it is to put the words ''100k'' and ''run'' in one sentence. You totally have to be crazy to go for it, but you'll manage no doubt! Look at the support ''crew'' you have 

Lizzie, I am sure I'll get some calls during the vacation. There is zero doubt. I think the 50/50 odds line should be set at over/under 5 calls or so. Depending on who from, there will be a decision whether to implement the ''wait and pray'' or a lazy ''yyeeessss?'' 

Cathy, wow, your DD is a little warrior (not that we had any doubt)! How is her foot, tho? Are you absolutely sure it is not something serious? And, well, good for the series, I guess; it would be boring if DD "ran away w the title" Wink

8mi today, wasn't easy, but I did it. There is something very, very nice about those Monday post-work runs. Maybe they clear the tension and don't let the grumpiness accumulate, hehe.

Oh, and it looks like there will be a floorball game the day before September HM.  I am still undecided whether it's the best shakeout workout ever or absolute insanity.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Lizzie--- I would have been TICKED if I had missed the class, not TICKETED.  lol

dhuffman63

Trails

Elina maybe if you told her I was walking it instead of running (my running days are pretty much over...I can do just a little bit then have to walk).  Perhaps that's not so crazy.

Kilmisters

Elina maybe if you told her I was walking it instead of running (my running days are pretty much over...I can do just a little bit then have to walk).  Perhaps that's not so crazy.

I'd argue it's even crazier (more time on feet).

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

LC Runs

3 miles for me this morning, very humid so it was slow going.

Lizzie - you would die if you saw the work phone we have, it's a flip phone that is probably 10 years old!  Most people just use their own phone though I do use the work one to make calls since all the contacts are on there and then clients don't have my personal number.  I left the phone in my car one weekend and my 14 year old was like, "what is that thing?".  Yeah, high class job I have...  And, OMG, I just literally belted out a laugh over your MAMMEL full frontal comment....I really needed it today!

Judy - your week sounds awesome, glad you enjoyed it.  Ugh on the water leak.

Sue - ugh on the emails!

Hi Half K and Damaris!!

Sandy - yes, this weekend was so nice.  We went to the beach yesterday.  Back to the crap grind this morning!

Ginny - loved the FB post from your trainer, you are very inspiring!!

Hi Kat!  Great 8 miles!

Diane - glad you had a nice visit with DD and DGD!!

Elina - yeah for the upcoming vacation!!

Cathy - glad DD got some energy at the end of the race, I can't blame her for having a hard time in that heat/humidity!

Karen - awww, Rerun is cute!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Strength training.

LCRuns, we still have a few pagers at my work.

Turtles, way for your DD to stick with the race.

Arimathea

Tessa

QOTD: I have 2 phones. iPhone for work, which is paid for by work and which I do not access personal functions on, and Android which I pay for which I can use for email and other personal pursuits. No sense in giving up my personal phone since DD, DS, and DSBF all have phones on the same account. I do not think I will ever get them off my phone plan.

Cathy, sorry DD did not have a very good race. Maybe she should have a hydration belt? If she feels she needs water maybe she will be more secure if she is carrying some. The belt is not as heavy as a Camelback.

Elina, fires are truly scary, sorry you and your neighbors are having to deal with them. I've lived in California most of my life and am used to them but they frighten me -- watching smoke drift over the horizon and worrying about when to evacuate is not something I would wish on anyone.

Karen, NO, do not honor that man by naming the dog after him. Are you looking for suggestions on what to name the new pup?

Liz, it would be OK as a taper if I had done the training. I have not. You know how Lisa says the hay is in the barn? With me the hay is still out in the fields getting rained on. I hope I make it through the course in time to get a finish time but I am not banking on it. Oh well, if I have to do a different race for Oregon I will.

2.2 this morning, I wanted to make the bus. I got out to run late.