Womens Running

Muscle Building Monday (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Arm muscles have been neglected. I shall start the light hand weights again today.

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Friday I did 35 minutes on the TM in my other pair of new Brooks Adrenalines. They feel great.

Saturday I did 45 minutes of cardio DVD.

Sunday Buddy and I did 70 minutes out on the trail. I wore the Brooks Ravenna 5s and they were great. I need and am sticking to stability shoes. Oh, Sunday Buddy told me he spoke to a deer feeding on the trail last week and it was only 2 feet away from him. It never even budged. Ahhhh, the Deer Whisperer. That afternoon I went to a huge antique store. I walked for 3.5 hours.

Today will be a track run.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Anonymous Guest

Morning all,

Back at work after three quiet days. I did run (my head actually feels better while I'm running, just not anytime else) each day, but nothing extreme.

Lisa, congrats on your triumphant return to the marathon!!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

I need to go back and read the weekend thread, posting my 4 miles (humid, overcast) this morning, my 5.6 yesterday (hilly,hot, sticky), and my 18.8 on Saturday (nice at first, hot at the end, NOT overcast!).

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, congratulations! 7:23 is impressive for that marathon. (Bear in mind I did 12:30 for only 5 more miles on the same course.) Nice work, and score on the AG award!

Laura, good luck to DD at camp. I'm sure she'll make friends.

Carol, congratulations on the AG place, wonder why they did 10 year rather than 5 year breakdowns.

Marjorie, it is annoying when it rains just enough to make it steamy but not enough to cool down. Hope you had fun at puppy pool.

Ginny, yay on the 8 miles!

Judy, welcome back and enjoy the arm work.

Karen, sorry the headache only feels better when you run.

Gatsby, I think we're headed for more water cutbacks soon.

Bikerchick1

Muscle Building it is Smile

Judy - Sounds like you are doing good.....exercise is such healing thing to do IMHO...

Karen - Sorry the headache is still there.  Did your doc want to see you back if it didn't go away?

Tessa - Nice to hear from you!  Sounds like a humid "hot mess"...  Smile  I REALLY dislike humidity, makes you feel like your legs are in cement.

Stability ball class today.  Having the family over for a cook out later for DH's birthday.  Other then that....rest day.

Carol

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day today.  At the office just doing normal stuff.

Marjorie

Some pics!

Ready to "rock it!"

Away we go...

an action shot of me "running" up the bluffs.  really.

Note the fallen tree that we had to climb over.  thank goodness or this wouldn't have counted as a real "trail".

Some Maniac stars are harder won than others.  Yes, this is the trail.

And so is this.

View partway up.

Please note the boats on the lake below.  I don't know if this was "the top" and I really didn't care.

Ah... the pretty prairie down below in the distance.  AKA Fields of Death on sunny days.

Tempting as it was, I did not hide in the cave.

"nice sections of trail"

Pastoral scene and fun running on the grass.

My mistake they are the "meadows of death"

Will it ever end?

then the highly anti-climatic turn around point that we all went around like good soldiers.

A welcome site!

Lisa

LC Runs

4 mile evening run

Judy - I have been better about the weights, but still need to step it up a bit!

Karen - sorry to hear about the headache, hope you are better soon

Hi Tessa - texted DD last night, they ended up with a 3rd roommate, she said she was nice.  Have to find out how things went today, she's gonna be exhausted (but a good exhaustion)!

Carol - happy birthday to your DH, enjoy the cookout!!

Marjorie - hope you enjoyed your rest day

Lisa - wow, beautiful!!  Great job

What an adventure Lisa!  Nice pics.  Knee was okay?

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, lovely pictures! I so wish I could have been there.

camille2

Lisa, great pics!  Looks like a great race.  I haven't read yesterday's  thread yet but you look great and happy in pics, so it must have been good!

DD is here for a week. Ran 5 yesterday and hiked a short but steep one to day at Hatcher Pass, site of an old gold mine.  Gorgeous and wer're luck on weather. Cool but not raining. Heading out for fishing and camping tomorrow.