Womens Running

Second Monday THURSDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 18 times)

Arimathea

Tessa

Back. As some may have guessed, there was someone in the line of sight of my monitor so I didn't feel comfortable posting.

QOTD: I started running in 9th grade. Never joined the track team but I ran for fun. Kept it up through college, in spring 1984 I was finishing my junior year, LA was hosting the Olympics that summer, and there was a 5K to get people in the mood for the Games. I signed up and did it and liked it. Did more 5Ks then the next year a guy I worked with said he wanted to try a 10K and did I want to go with him? Yes. I did 10Ks. I moved and one day on the bus a man who recognized me from some 5 and 10Ks asked me if I wanted to join the local running club. Did that. Trained more. Signed up for halfs then they were training for the LA marathon and I decided I could try./ Did LA in 1988 and 1989, not a great time but I was immensely proud of myself because I, who had failed PE in high school, had completed 2 marathons. Then I got married, had babies, started running again after the second one. Trained for Santa Clarita in 1996 -- I cherish that finish line photo of me and DD, aged 3 3/4, running the last 50 yards -- then did a few miles a week until 2003 when I started running more.Also in January 2003 I found the RWOL running boards. Trained for SCM in November 2003, it was cancelled due to fires, so I signed up for CIM in December, then Houston in January 2004. Never stopped running after that!

2.5 this morning, 4.15 at lunch. I need to get to the gym more often!