Womens Running

Hockey Thursday (dailies) (Read 17 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Lisa – You had such a good birthday. Glad the meet up went well with DD and DC. How CUTE of DC to deliver roses to you in PERSON. That is the kind of DC you deserve Smile Makes me smile that you are so happy. I can hear it when I read your posts. Much much much deserved. Sorry about the knee!! Hope it gets better before Pinelands! I have a feeling you would tough through it regardless. I wish I knew someone in Amsterdam! I would be over there right now enjoying some recreational drugs. LOL. Kidding..or am I? No seriously, her trip sounds freakin awesome. She is so lucky to be able to do something like that. I need to remember some things that you pointed out to Sandy..

Laura – Nice miles as usual! Have a good day! Are you doing anything fun this weekend?

Judy – GREAT news about the foot! There is light at the end of the tunnel!

Docket – Good luck at the massage therapist. Hope the help the heel.

Susan – YAY on losing some weight! Awesome! I need to cut down on snacking too..its so hard!! Have fun this weekend. Glad DF is starting to feel better.

Sandy – Nice miles! I had to laugh out loud that you switched your route to avoid people. I do that ALL.THE.TIME. Not on the run but AT WORK. And also when I am walking Ruger. LOL. Too funny. Sometimes you just don’t want to extrovert! Wow! That airfare is cheap! I was looking at airfare this morning to MSP for October – I should have bought those damn tickets when they were $298. I kept putting it off. It is now $379!!! I am really kicking myself. I am going to keep checking everyday for a few more weeks before I give in and pay that damn cost. Ugh. MMMM toffee. You just reminded me that I have to pick some stuff up for some sweets I am bringing with me on the trip Smile I am going for 12 tomorrow!! You could always come do Richmond in the Fall Smile Free place to stay!! Just throwing that out there..or Twin Cities! I forgot about your Dallas trip. It will be fun to be in another place for a change!

Cathy – Nice 5 this morning! That is perfect running weather Smile I bet your legs are tired after that elliptical workout you did yesterday. That sucks about the rain..what does DD say about that? She did a rainy run the last time, right? YAY for DD scoring a goal and her team winning! That is exciting! Awe, thanks for the compliment! You are sweet Smile Okay, I really do need to try this app for the elliptical. I am never a sweaty mess! When I do the elliptical I usually do 2 easy minutes and then 3 hard uphill minutes. I sweat pretty bad but not as much as when I am on that dang stair master.

Sandy and Cathy – You know groceries do click list! I am sure some of your stores do them. Where you go to the grocery website and shop online..and then 4 hours later you can go pick it up! I think they charge $5 or at least the ones around here do..but that is convenient! I have never done it but my best friend does it all the time. She has 2 little ones under 2 years old..so..she doesn’t have the time to shop Smile

Diane – Sorry you havent been able to exercise – but I am sure you could use the rest days after the back to back races. Glad the horse is doing a bit better. Geez, you are out there! My parents house was like that when I was living there. 40 minutes to get to a grocery store. Crazy how much their area has built up in the past 13 years. They are still 20 minutes from the grocery..but still! I like the convenience of being 5 minutes away Smile

Karen – YESSSSS Twin Cities!!! I’ll be there! I am dragging HCBF along, too. Haha Smile Love the furniture! That is quite a nice birthday present to yourself Smile $100 worth of snacks? Okay, you, HCBF and Sandy need to hang out LOL. Nice 6! I am waiting for that summer run when I am about 2-3 minutes slower than usual…I am going to FLIP out the first time it happens. We know its going to happen..but its still hard to see it. I feel ya! I have been reminding HCBF that I am leaving everyday. He has to be home to take care of Ruger!! SO EXCITED!

Ugh. Gotta go. Have a great evening!!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Anonymous Guest

I was looking at airfare this morning to MSP for October – I should have bought those damn tickets when they were $298. I kept putting it off. It is now $379!!! I am really kicking myself. I am going to keep checking everyday for a few more weeks before I give in and pay that damn cost.

I just looked for that weekend. Spirit Airlines has r/t from IAH to MSP for $135. I know they nickel and dime you so it would be more if I wanted to pick my seat, have a carry on, check a bag.....but still it would take a lot of nickels and dimes to get to the $377 United is charging.

i guess I should talk to DH. The Nebraska marathon I was eyeing is a week earlier and I'd fly in/out of Denver, so DH might want to go with and spend a few days in Colorado. But if he doesn't, I might have to save that one for next fall and do Twin Cities instead.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Half Crazy K 2.0

Storms this afternoon & evening, so strength training indoors. Trying to decide if I want to do a 5k on Sunday, forecast calls for storms in the morning, so thinking it's gonna be a no.

Docket, I hate when work places decide that if you don't have kids, you don't need any sort of scheduling flexibility.

AnonymousGuest, the running group sounds like it is going great!