Womens Running

ALLs going strong. The ALLs thread (Read 24 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

RR 5.2. I'm trying to get my paces back so I've cut some mileage out while I focus on that   Yesterday was a rest day and travel. I'm in New Orleans through tomorrow

NRR just work.

Hi Jennn. No thanks on the snow.

Bobbie feel better

Damaris all ready for surgery next weekend?  Do you have to then work from home during recovery or do you get so e good quality time off?

Smiriah ah feel better.  Hope the knee gets better too.

Marjorie

Jennn

Good morning!

RR:  4ish miles on the treadmill last night.  Not sure exactly how far I went - I was watching a show on my tablet while I ran and I turned off the treadmill before I remembered I should move the tablet out of the way and look at the readout.  Oops. Smile

NRR:  Still snowy and cold, I guess it's our turn for the polar vortex. Love my new furnace, it works so much better than the old one.  Working from home today, too so I have a fire in my woodstove this morning.  So nice.

Smirah - are you getting any of this snow where you are yet?  I hope you feel better!

Damaris - bummer on the DNF, but it sounds like you made the right choice!

Bobbie - Yuck on the sinus congestion!  I hope it didn't last too long!  Good luck with the house search, moving sucks!

Marjorie - I love New Orleans!  Did you have time to sightsee while you were there?

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

RR 6.2 yesterday and another 6.2 today.  My paces are improving so I'm happy with it.

NRR listening to a webinar on a topic that has nothing to do with what we do.  But my boss wanted someone on so I'm listening to it and watching the slides.  Sigh.

Jennn no sightseeing.  But I did two of my residencies in LA and I've been there a ton.  I have done that too, not getting the distance before I reset.  Been years since I've been on a TM but I do remember doing that before.   So just say 4 and you are fine Smile

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Feel better, Bobbie!

I have not run much lately.  6 days until the surgery.  We bought bikes so we have a bike ride this afternoon.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Shan-Miriah

Marjorie - hope the rest of the time in New Orleans goes well!

jen - yes! We've finally gotten snow! Sooo wish I was able to go skiing this weekend, especially since durango had a locals day today!

damaris - so jealous on the bikes! I'm trying to sell my hybrid bike so that I can get a road bike, but so far no luck!

rr - did a 3 miler on Friday and, go figure, knee pain. Beginning to wonder if I just need to switch out of my VFFs, but don't want to give up on the yet! I have done 10 miles in them with no problem. Pretty sure my leg muscles are just weak and right right now. Started doing Chalean yesterday with DBF. Funny, he's more sore today than I am. Hopefully doing the weights will help me with running.

Nrr - tomorrow's Friday! So ready for a couple days off.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Smiriah I came home from NOLA on Wed.

RR 7.2 yesterday. 6.2 today

NRR my body is fighting off a cold. I'm winning!  Thank goidness my doc as a youngster would not let my parents have my tonsils removed. I had tons of sore thirsts growing up and my tonsils are much larger than they should be. I've never ever had strep. Never. So I'm lucky.

He said they were doing their job and leave them alone. As awful as all those sore throats were now I'm glad. Throat started to get sore yesterday which usually means full cold in a day or two. But today still have my voice. Only mild soreness send nose not really stuffy. Please let it continue. I don't want to get sick!

sent dh to get me green tea. Last time he got some but it wasn't pure green. Had some pomegranate in it. Did he succeed?  Nope. This time it has mango!  He apparently cannot read anything on the box (like the big letters that say MANGO) other than seeing the words green tea. I just want hot green tea. Not with other stuff. At least the throat isn't bad that I need a lot of it. Sigh.

Marjorie

Shan-Miriah

RR - 3.5 miles today and didn't feel too bad! Paces were faster, need did hurt but not nearly as bad. Been doing Chalean again and even though I'm only on day 3 of the weights I think it's helping a LOT! Then I took my puppy for a 3/4 mile walk (I took one dog on 2 of my running miles, then another on 1.5 so they all got a fair share) Think I may take them on a little "hike" here soon.

NRR - Been home alone since yesterday, which has been kind of nice but kind of not. Watched 4 episodes of Glee last night, and attempted some "beauty" treatment things... both of which have failed =( Aug. But it's not as easy falling asleep when I have the whole bed to myself. And I head back to work tomorrow so all of the dogs will be home alone for 9 hours =(

Marjorie - Are you feeling better? I guess it's the thought that counts with the green tea? Haha.

Docket_Rocket

Morning, ladies!  Surgery is tomorrow so surgery prep today.  Hope everybody has a great day and weekend, in case I cannot check back until Sunday!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Last week was a good run week. Today I did 10.2 and pretty much kept my easy pace for most if it. Faded at the end but still pleased. It us getting there

NRR our ice storm was non existent. The rest of the state wasn't so lucky. Otherwise just been a normal week.

Smiriah yes. It never got to a full blown cold so I am happy with that. He did go get me some regular green tea during the big cold snap this week.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Where is everyone?

Did 7.2 today (and Tuesday and Wed too).

Lots of work. Had dentist on Monday. Otherwise same old stuff.

Glad it warmed up. But poor Hammy.  He loves this weather and wants to lay outside. Last year he developed allergies. We think it is the grass pollen. Several hot spots and antibiotics. We spent most the summer and fall wiping him off after every trip outside with baby wipes. Since the grass is getting green again time to bring them back out.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies.  I am recovering from surgery with today being an 8th day.  Everything seems fine, except I think I got a UTI so I'm going to the doctor on Monday to pick a prescription up (I just called so they are about to close and at least an hour from here).

Damaris

Fundraising Page