Womens Running

Fresh and Fine Friday (Over 40) (Read 16 times)

That's how Cindy will feel! Go get em' Tiger!

Ran 6 miles yesterday will do upper body workout this morning.  Tonight I work the bake sale at DD's school play (she's on the hair/makeup tech team).  They're performing Pride and Prejudice.  Spring will be Fiddler on the Roof. She wants to be in that cast (choir).

Have a good day ladies!

And we did get actual snow yesterday. Big flakes that delayed flights and made driving a pain for lack of vision but didn't stick beyond a few minutes.  Groan.

Lisa

ginnyb

Yep, we had snow yesterday too. No accumulation, but snow none the less.

Had a good time in Amish country with DH.  Most money spent at grocery store stocking up on supplies for the holidays.  They have every spice, sprinkles, flours, nuts, that anyone would want, and all priced very reasonably.  All the breads are warm from the oven.  We got to the car and opened a loaf of rye and ate, couldn't resist!

Still feeling not myself, so no run.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

We got a dusting of snow yesterday too.  Supposed to get more today!  Argh.  Did go for a 3.0 mile walk with DH yesterday (walked extra circles during the walk so I could walk faster and keep warm, but also stay fairly close).  Not ready for 19 degree wind chills though.  Up to 13 day-streak of walking or running!  Trying to maintain that through the month.  We'll see.

DS's 19th birthday is today!  Not sure what we're doing - he's going to Five Guys for lunch after class then coming back picking me up and we'll go home to work on chemistry (him) and grade (me).  Chemistry exam on Monday.  Calc I exam on Tuesday so he isn't going to have much of a fun weekend.

Well I better go to class!  Unfortunately, no fun videos today... Wednesday included a video tour in a sewer and Mike Rowe replacing a lift pump in a wastewater treatment plant. Let me know if you want the links, LOL!  Monday we tour a WWTP - fun!

Susan

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Root canal successfully accomplished. No pain during any of the very long procedure. Great dentist!

The only discomfort was from the dang appliance they have to use for the x-rays.    I have a small mouth that opens wide enough horizontally but not much vertically.  I’ll get a crown next month. Not a tiara.

I’m off today but will do some cardio this afternoon.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

TGIF!  My coach changed the schedule, so I am biking this afternoon.  Will bundle up.

Judy--glad you survived the root canal.  I have a hard time with the tooth xrays too.  My dentist is a woman with small hands.  Wink

DD invited me to her school for a Veterans Salute this morning --it was very nice.  She even got to sit with me.  It seems weird--now she is a teacher at the same school she attended.

I was thinking about y'all in the north.  Stay warm!

Arimathea

Tessa

Judy, glad you survived the root canal.

Lisa, enjoy the bake sale. I usually liked those. Hope Kaite makes the Fiddler cast in the spring!

Ginny, yum, you are on the other side of the bake sale counter...that sounds like carb heaven.

Susan/runnersmom, happy birthday to DS. I think I'd far rather have a virtual tour of the sewer than an actual one.

Susan/crazysue, how nice to have a mom invited for veterans salute -- good to show the kids that women are vets too.

Did not get a run in this morning, I was late in after choir practice. (Let the record show that singing is difficult with strained ribs. I wasn't sure at times if I was hitting the high notes or squeaking in pain.) Going at lunch.

And you may be amused by this situation:

DD emailed that she just renewed her California driver's license and it is IMPERATIVE that I send it to her as SOON as it arrives at our house.

At first I thought she had lost her license. No, that wasn't it.

Well, then, she will be home for Christmas (excuse me, Yule....she prefers me to refer to the upcoming celebrations as Yule). Could she not wait until then? Her birthday is in late January and her old license is valid until then.

Sigh. No, MOTHER. I want it now.

Since she renewed by mail it can't be that she likes the new picture better. They use the same one. And she hasn't lost a lot of weight so that's not it either.

MOTHER.....*eyeroll*...justsenditplease...

Ah-HA. Her old license is of the type issued to teenagers. It has big red and blue stripes indicating when the holder will be legally able to purchase alcohol and tobacco, and it is portrait style. She is eager to discard the hated portrait license in favour of the landscape style license California issues to those of legal drinking age.

I wonder how much it's worth to her in cat box scooping and dish duty over the holidays for me to send it as soon as it arrives?

Anonymous Guest

This will be my last awful winter.

I am so not ready for this cold weather. Playing whatever mental games I have to to get through it. I know iy won't be long before the temperature this morning (33) walking into the office will be the high for the day, but geez, it seemed awful. 3-4 months and I'm out of here.

Gatsby, was it you that asked about "apparatus" class the other day? Most of it is done on the reformer:

but there is also the pain-inducing chair involved, and things with springs, etc. It hurts, but it's way more fun than just a mat class.

Cindy, the big day is almost here! Will be stalking you, so if/when you get to that point where you just want to quit, think about all of us rooting you on.

Hi to all. Work is pretty crappy right now, home isn't much better, plus my foot hurts. Probably an easy spin on the bike trainer tonight just to get some endorphins going. Then Pilates tomorrow, and if foot is better (massage therapist beat the crap out of it yesterday afternoon), an easy run.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Bikerchick1

Lisa - Bake sale...yum...I'm sure I would have to do a little "shopping'!

Ginny - Sounds like a fun shopping trip!  Hope you start feeling more like yourself...

Susan - DS is 19 already, wow!  Does not sound like a fun week-end for him with his studying Sad   Nice walking/running streak!

Judy - glad things went well with root canal.  Agree on the apparatus for the x-rays...they always feel like they are cutting into my cheeks.

Tessa - How old is your DD?  Too funny how they won't come out and say WHAT is really the motivating factor behind things!   Sorry your ribs are still sore..

Karen - The Pilates apparatus looks like a torture device   Lucky you on soon getting our of the cold weather!  Hope you get some much-needed endorphins.

Crazysue - How nice of DD to invite you to school event.  I'm sure it feels odd to have her be the teacher now!

Went to Yogalates last night....hmmm, not crazy about new instructor.  It ended up being  Yoga - NO "lates" involved.  She is very young, and I really missed the Pilates part that the previous instructor added.  Spent  4 hours traveling to and from Ann Arbor today for some training at UofM.  Long day.  Am going to get on the DM this evening for a few.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.2 this am. Long day at work.

Go Cindy, go!

Ginny nice stocking up

you all keep the snow. Up there. You can take these cooler temps too.

Tessa ahhh she wants to feel more grown up

Karen sorry on the crappy weather and work. Boo to foot

Marjorie

Bikerchick1

Marjorie - Are you traveling again?  Nice job on the 10.2!  Thanks for asking about my job the other day.....it is going great!  I have not had ONE second thought about taking it!

Cindy - You go, girl!!!

Carol

camille2

Cindy,  good luck!!  Stay warm.

tessa, I think u can probably get a lot of work out of DD in exchange for that favor.

ginny,  the warm bread sounds delicious! I'd be eating it, too.

wow karen.  You and Marjorie use that device?  Tough!

i got in just 2 miles.  My sister has the crud so needed to come do extra duty at my Mom's. I sure wish bro and sis would agree to part time help. The Fall came yesterday.  It was truly hard to see my driveway for the leaves!  I blew them earlier this week-the downside of living in a forest.

29 this a.m with wind chill in teens and about same tomorrow.  Karen,  I bet you're ready to go to Texas now.

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, Texas is only a few months away...

Carol, DD is 21, will be 22 in January. How'd you guess?

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Carol I was in PA until Wed. Next week I have a day out on the other side of SC. My only out of state trip left is Florida in Dec. I will probably take a few extra days and see dad since I will be close by in Orlando.

Camile yes. Damaris does Pilates too. The one I use looks more intense. There are a few versions Pilates has great equipment.

Marjorie

Gatsby, was it you that asked about "apparatus" class the other day? Most of it is done on the reformer:

but there is also the pain-inducing chair involved, and things with springs, etc. It hurts, but it's way more fun than just a mat class.

Hmmm, looks a bit like a medieval torture device commonly known as a "rack".  Also appears to require coordination.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR