Womens Running

Thursdailies Already!! (Read 15 times)

Original title, I know...

Spin class was tough! She had a personal playlist and we alternated between tabata and hill sessions. 

Two parties tonight--retirement get together and the quilty ladies Christmas party. Looking forward to both. DH is going to the retirement party and then on to the maritime museum party. Thank you -- I am happy to miss that one.  It is a snooze, and one of the main couples is the parents of DD's former longtime boyfriend who cheated on her. Awkward.

Later!!

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Quiet morning on the forum today. Everyone having meetings?

Just finished a wonderful 10k run. Double digit temperatures in December!!! And they say there's no global warming. BS. But the sunshine felt amazing after a week of gray sky. And I ran it pretty darned fast!

Hope everyone has a great day.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

ccoakley

Sue, nice job at spin class, I’m sorry about Gracie

Lori, awesome you had such a great run!  Those pies sound delicious!

Kilmisters, such gorgeous runs in the snow.  Awesome that the easy consistent efforts are working for you.  I forget what your next goal is?  Are you still working with a coach?

Karen, great 5k workout the other day!  I love your idea of trying to steal the crown before the gates go up!  Sounds like you’ve made tons of progress unpacking and settling it.

Sandy, glad you survived your all day meeting.  Sounds pretty intense.   Nice that you’ve been able to take advantage of the weather and dry pavement and get some nice runs in.  I’m a big fan of the mid-morning run!  Just can’t wait too long or it messes up with lunch.  Do you use your freezer much?  Like make big batches of soup and freeze it?  Or muffins, frittatas, lasagna etc?

HCK, sorry the booster is kicking your butt!  Good sign for your body getting the most from it right?

Damaris, glad PT helped.  Hope you can get your run in today.  I can’t imagine being an intern right now, that must be so hard in this hybrid environment.

Kats, sorry work has been so difficult.  I’d skip a party with mandatory prayer too

Liz, so great that your Thanksgiving went so well and you’ll definitely be able to pull it off solo next time.  Nice on having the rest of the weekend to relax and be lazy.  Congrats on the new car!  I would not be worried Baby B isn’t rolling over yet, those milestone ages are averages which means some kids do it sooner AND some kids do it later.  She’ll be fine!   Enjoy your training this weekend!  Is this the one that’s based out of the running store in Willow Lawn?  Should I be keeping an eye out for you?

Cathy, nice workouts getting ready for your 5k.  I agree with the sub 23 goal.  Have you ever gone all out for a workout/race and actually had to stop short?  Your roadtrip with TF sounds fun.  What’s the longest you’ve driven together?  You guys might learn some things.  And the AirBnb on the lake sounds so peaceful.

Gatsby, good luck this weekend!  Have you done CIM before?  When was your last road marathon?  The holiday decorations are up in force.  People seem really really into it this year.

It’s been a long week.  DS was home sick yesterday and today.  He was very sick yesterday, like he didn’t want to play at all and asked if he could go to bed early sick.  Miraculously I was able to find a same day covid test at 3am when he woke up crying and he tested negative so we were able to rule that out.  Today’s he’s in much better spirits.  And after school today I have to take DD to KidMed to remove a splinter that’s been in her finger since Tues.  I could not get it out and our pediatrician’s office is so overbooked with covid tests/vaccines they couldn’t take her this week but she claimed it didn’t hurt and the internet said you could let minor ones try to come out of their own, so we waited.  I had her go to the school nurse yesterday but she couldn’t find her tweezers (WTF?).  So today we take more drastic measures and it’s such a stupid thing but I feel like such a failure as a mom that my kid has had a splinter in her finger for 48 hrs.

My running….7 x 400m on Tues, fast 3 mi yesterday cause I only had a 30 min window to run and had some frustrations to work out, and a 7 mi stroller jog this morning.  In theory I have 13 tomorrow but I’m questioning whether I’ll have the energy.

5k 24:53 (2020) |10k 52:24 (2021) |HM 1:57:14 (2019) |FM 4:24 (2007) |50k 5:57 (2022)

Kilmisters

Kilmisters, such gorgeous runs in the snow.  Awesome that the easy consistent efforts are working for you.  I forget what your next goal is?  Are you still working with a coach?

Keeping consistent mileage to have decent base for any potential fun races in spring (currently looks like March'22) and then (probably in autumn) get that damn HM PB in 2022. Currently just putting easy miles in, so no coach. Weekly goals built around consistency and certain mileage and LR. I'll probably write the coach approx 3 months before goal HM. His training plans are awesome in the sense of challenge and actual output, but it's taxing physically and mentally, so 3 months should do it.

Going to 1h floorball practice w ex-team shortly, I'll be back later. Had 8km run in snow around 3pm, so active day workout-wise Smile

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon! Ran 4 at lunch (windy but 52F!) and have Pilates after work.

Sue, I'm sorry about Gracie.

Lori, nice 10K! And yeah, I had meetings and then my run.

CC, on the contrary, our intern loved working remotely. She is also young and this generation is used to that. We got noticed we are not going back to the office until 2022 (no shit sherlock) but I hope the answer is never. Nice intervals.

Elina, keeping a base is good.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Seloc

Almost made it through my last full week of work for 2021!  Walk with neighbor, walked Lily to the vet and back and then an easy 5 mi mid morning.  Well, it should have been easy but I had a few beers last night and I really should probably take a rest day one of these days but I need to take advantage of this weather and dry pavement!  Figured since I'm not "training" (other than for life) it really doesn't matter.  So what if my heart rate is higher than it should be, so what if I slow down?  I'm just running cuz I like to run   Was planning to take a rest day tomorrow but was talked into fitness class instead.  I feel like I should also get on the Peloton but might skip out on that.  Otherwise just toiling away over here 

Laura - was thinking about you on my run.  Hope all is well in your world!

HCK - wow, that booster hit you hard.

Karen - had to pop over to Strava to see if you got the crown!  But, looks like you must have ran in a different area today?  You totally need to get it just before they put up the gates haha

Damaris - does your PT dig into the psoas?  Mine on my right side gets super tight.  Pulls that s/i joint out sometimes.  Nice 4!

Sue - yay for spin class!  Wow, you guys have all sorts of social events.  Fun.  Glad you get to skip the awkward party and have fun with your quilting friends.

Lori - congrats on another speedy run!

CC - oh no on DS!  Poor thing.  Glad he is feeling better.  Awww and DD with a splinter.  She sounds like a tough little cookie.  No need to feel bad - things happen.  I'd be mostly ticked at the school nurse.  What nurse doesn't have a tweezers on hand??  I keep forgetting to tell you!  One block over had all these Thanksgiving inflatables!  But, dangit if I kept forgetting to take a pic and now they are down already.  Pretty tight window between Halloween and Christmas for turkey day decorations haha  Yeah, the freezer is a great idea.  But, I still have to cook the things to put in there LOL.  I really should find a day to hit up Trader Joe's since they have so many good freezer food stuffs.  But, that store is such a nightmare unless you are there when they open at 9am.

Margaret - good luck at CIM!!

Elina - nice running!  Have fun at floorball.

Cathy - I meant to comment the other day - I wear my watch with the face on my wrist because it's easier to just turn your wrist to see it.  When you wear the face on top of your arm, I have to move my whole arm like a chicken to check it.  So, less effort my way 

Meeting time.  Happy Thursday, kids.

Docket_Rocket

Sandy, yeah, he does. I wish I can do this myself because it will come in handy soon.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Hey-o! Easy six for me today. No way was I running the 12 on my schedule. Still building up from two weeks of hardly running. I'm starting to wonder if maybe I was so much faster 7-8 years ago was because I was running all these long damn runs, which I apparently can't do now. Other than that, same old stuff going on. Getting there.....

Susan, enjoy the parties!

Lori, nice run this morning. I went to the grocery store before running and it was almost 70 when I finished. Too hot.

cc, awww, poor DS! And I wouldn't feel bad about DD's splinter - I've had them for longer than 48 hours I think. DH had one last week that it took him probably 4 days to finally get out.

Elina, hope you enjoyed floor ball. You can keep the snowy runs! I may complain about 70s, but I'd rather have that the snow.

Sandy, last full week of 2021? Are you taking off days here and there or big vacation? You've probably said, but I can't remember. No running fast for me today - ran the segment at the start of my run but much slower than yesterday. They do seem to be working on getting the gate going though, so I better get it soon!

Damaris, glad you got the run in.

Going mountain biking with DH tomorrow on my "Rest or XT day." Haven't been on my bike since we left Colorado, so could be terrifying.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Karen, I'll be scared when I hop on mine next summer, but hoping the stationary one I'm ordering helps with that.

Barre class done. I had Pilates but I couldn't leave work until after the class was set for so I moved it to Saturday.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

HCK, been meaning to say (and I hope I already did say it), that I tried the Job1 sample workout yesterday (it has been removed from BOD now that coaches can purchase the new workout through early release) and I loved it. It was 20 minutes long and my core feels it today like I did an hour. I think the whole set of workouts are 20 minutes each. I think it will come out next week for free release. Thinking it might be good to do with marathon training.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

Feeling better now. Still had a headache when I got up this morning and was lightheaded when I went to the bathroom. My arm is still a bit sore, but I can move it. Did a strength training workout this evening to do sommething.

CrazySue, seems good you can skip the museum party, definitely sounds like it could be awkward.

BerthaSlayer, here it is pretty normal to have huge swings in temps, even in winter. It was 65 degrees today. Sucks I didn't feel up to running.

ccoakley, I told DH I'll be highly pissed if I wind up with a breakthrough case since every does has kicked my ass. Hope DS starts feeling better. DH has had splinters for quite a while, he'll then ask me to try to dig them out, which I am not good at.

Kilmisters, nice workouts. 3 months is about all I can do on a plan before I start getting bored and antsy.

Docket, I missed doing the sample workout, but sounds interesting.

Seloc, I see you are taking a similar vacation to DH--he calls it the IT vacation cause a whole bunch of them wind up taking most of December off to use up their use or lose vacation time. I think he works a full week next week and that's it.

AnonymousGuest, hope the mountain biking isn't too bada. I'm doing a trail race Saturday on trails I used to mountain bike on 20 years ago. I remember them as all rideable, which I hope translates to runnable.

Docket_Rocket

Docket, I missed doing the sample workout, but sounds interesting.

If you google Job1 and YouTube, you'll find it.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

CrazySue, hope both parties were enjoyable.  This introvert would be done after one.

Lori, enjoy the nice weather!

CC, I've done CIM 7 times.  Last road marathon was Lima in 2019.  All that pavement pounding reminded me why I prefer trails.  Yet here I go again.  Strangely excited about it, too.  Something different to do, I guess.  Splinters can grow out, or not, so it's hardly a big deal that you didn't jump all over it right away.  Hope the little dude is feeling better.

Kilmisters, yay for potential fun races in the spring, esp. March 2022!  As long as Ireland doesn't shut down...

Damaris, we have been told we might never return to the office, but that makes me a little sad.  I like many of my colleagues and miss the one day a week that everyone used to be in the office together.

Sandy, yes, what's with this "no more full work weeks in December"?  Long weekends?  Traveling?  Sounds nice!  Yeah I say ignore the heart rate unless you have a specific plan or goal that requires otherwise.

Karen, speedwork and hill repeats would keep me closer to the paces I could do 7-8 years ago, but I'm not doing any right now.  Long runs never made me faster, just better at long slow runs.

HCK, glad the symptoms have subsided.  Your body definitely reacted so hopefully no breakthrough infections find you.

I've been busy and stressed at work, so haven't felt like posting much.  A couple short easy runs and walks this week.  Off tomorrow to drive up to Sacramento.  Spending Saturday in Auburn and then the marathon is on Sunday.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Margaret, I would be OK with that. We have only heard they will be planning for the return to work in 2022, pending how things are, so they haven't even fathom that as a possibility.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

For those of you contemplating returning to work vs working from home...I don't understand how they can't make it happen. I work side by side others in a factory setting.  It has always sucked because I hate it on the best of days.  I was meant to be a princess and NOT her servant. Lol.  But we have to wear masks and "socially distance" at breaks, lunch and such.  But similar to real life (ie grocery stores, e.t.c) social distancing seems non existent. Masks are mandated and worn but too many don't wear them properly.

Honestly though, if I had a job that allowed me to work from home I would jump on it (pandemic or not) because I'm no longer a people person.

I hate this pandemic.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**