Womens Running

Weekend wonders (over 40) (Read 20 times)

15.3 road miles.  Should have felt much easier than they did but so goes it.

Tessa-I'm afraid that I shall be the charity case of Leona Divide.  I will begin apologizing in advance now.  You should begin storing stories, anecdotes, history of the location, plant/animal facts, and other trivia to talk about as I slog along.  You won't be out of breath so shall be able to tell all of them to me and I'll welcome conversation with no questions put to me.

Cindy-glad the party went well.

Ginny-I would think you would do that, just have it take into account you mileage at the time so that you're not starting from nothing.

Camille-The race organizers here do a lot of trail work and pay the parks for their use.  They also make sure that they have trails in great condition post race.  Volunteers get $30 vouchers to use towards other races so there isn't usually a shortage of volunteers.

Gatsby-cider mill and donuts pretty much go hand in hand.  Not all donuts are the same but most are spice or cinnamon of some sort.  Not really made with the cider itself but sold along side it.  Yum!!!  My sis-in-law in Alabama mentioned how they have cider mills there but don't sell donuts, just cider.  She sees the obvious opportunity but they don't.

Marjorie-you are so crafty!!! Cute!!

Heading out to grocery store then cleaning.  This is the start of "tech week" for high school's Fiddler on the Roof shows (start Thursday).  Will be long days for dd.  Oh!  She came in 6th at the competition yesterday.  She was pleased since she had just had speech written and finalized a couple of days before.  Presentation boards done night before.  Just needs to work on memorizing it better now.

Lisa

So we head over to RWOL tomorrow?  So you know, my user name there is DaniBird and I use this avatar.  Just another one of my birds...  I'm still Margaret either way.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

rwol maybe  i just went over and hard to log in  if i can get in i will  if not we will stay here

MTA  got in

March 16th thread  http://community.runnersworld.com/topic/womens-dailies-anyone

Marjorie