Womens Running

Tricky Tuesday - Supermoms (Read 14 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - SRD.

KR - eating bananas again regularly!

FR - chinese sausage fried rice, didn't have it last night.  Made bacon cinnamon rolls again this morning, because Pillsbury dough was on sale and because carbs.

NRR - after 4 years, DH still doesn't get the 'pick your battles' thing.  He insisted on me making B wash his hands (I'm not a stickler for it, especially first thing in the morning, pre-coffee), then DH got mad at me because I yelled at B when he started resisting, then DH got even  more mad because the warm water we were using made his shower cold.  Seriously.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  After work.  Distance with a student TBD, then the rest on my own.  Hoping for a total of 5.

BR:  Got sick again last night.  I put him down and not more than 10 minutes later he had puked in his crib.  I feel so bad that this happens to him.  Not sure what is going on...he has had some big blowouts over the weekend so I am wondering if it isn't the stomach flu yet again.

TR:  Is afraid of the dark.  When it comes to these milestones he is right on track.  Is having a hard time when we stick to our guns and don't allow something after making a rule.  Last night he wanted chips, I said you eat your sandwich, then you can have chips.  Didn't want the sandwich so he ended up not eating anything for dinner.

NRR:  We are finishing up The House of Cards Season 1 on Netflix tonight.  I hope it is good...and uninterrupted.

FR:  Jimmy Johns for dinner last night.  Hopefully something warm tonight.  Its been rainy and cold the past two days.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: yesterday 1 mile + ST legs. Probably 4ish miles tonight, I try to work out as much as possible on DH's 7 day off stretch.

TR: No timeouts yesterday at daycare so I gave him ice cream. He was so excited and we made sure to tell him how proud we were. Sorry if that sounds Mombie-ish, he's just been in trouble a lot lately, and I hate that my kid is the daycare A-hole.

FR: last night was chicken and rice, tonight something with turkey.

NRR: DH goes back to work tomorrow. Have to go the allergist this morning so they will renew my prescriptions. DH had our cars detailed yesterday, feels sooooo good, except now the giant scratch from December is extra visible.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runnergirl9508

RR: 5 windy miles this morning. Felt good and I could have run further, but I had to be home so DH could leave for work early. My arms are sore from Bootcamp yesterday- it's been a while since my arms have felt like this!

TR: best buds with our dog Ginger. His "job" is to feed her and he will stand in the kitchen and call for her, "Gingeeee, come here." It's cute.

NRR: rainy day, and it's dropping the temperature. We spent most of the day outside yesterday in the sun- so nice. Need to run a few errands later.

zorbs: do you take an extra rest day your final taper week? R loooooves bananas.

Mer: I've never had JJ's. is it like subway? I have yet to watch House of Cards- are you enjoying it? Aw, hope H is ok!

spike: enjoy the extra workouts this week! I told DH that I wanted my car detailed for Mothers Day, lol. It's a mess from the dirt, sand, etc that R tracks in all the time. Nope , the ice cream bribe is definitely not Mombie-ish at all.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- guh, I hate the pick your battles thing. Eat an extra cinnamon roll for me Wink

Mer- R doesn't like sandwiches, but he ate a pita at Pita Pit- maybe because the bread is thinner and it was full of ranch sauce? Sorry about the sick kiddo Sad  I only watched part of season 1 of HOC. I hate politics so it didn't keep my attention and all the power hungry attention hooring is like my worst nightmare.

RG- its supposed to be 85F here on Thursday and Friday then drop back to the 60's. Luckily, I will be at that work thing in Spokane so I won't have to feel like a wuss for working out in the hotel gym rather than going outside. I have R feed the dog too, I think it helps the dog to like him more and tolerate him climbing on her. R already put dirty footprints on the back of the passenger seat, and the daycare is on a gravel road so my car is dirty again already.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runninmer

zorbs - Sounds like a rough morning.  I know the battles I pick are much different from the ones DH picks.  However, we stay out of it if we recognize that the other has picked it....or we back each other.

spike - You are NOT being a mom-bie, you are excited because your kid was well behaved after a bad streak.  Go R!  I hope he keeps up the good behaviors.  I just like the drama of HOC.  I have no clue the different positions and how they all work.  I couldn't think of  "Chief of Staff" the other day.  I said "the lady that does everything for the President!"  haha!

rg - JJ's is much better than Subway IMO.  I am enjoying HOC, and so is DH.  That is our "time" together at night and then gives us something besides the boys to talk about.  Glad you had a good run.  J is super cute with our dog too.  He likes to tell him what to do!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

mer - B is afraid of the dark too.  We just let him go to sleep with the lights on and they are on a dimmer that can be controlled by DH's phone, so we dim the lights when we go to bed.

spike - that is NOT being a mombie at all.  Being a mombie is this HS acquaintance I have, who posted on FB the other day that she loved taking care of her kids 27 hours a day.  I have to admit that I trolled her hard and said, "do you exist in some alternate universe where there are 27 hours of taking care of your kids so that you can be a better mom for more hours than us regular inferior moms who only have 24 hours a day?"

rg - I have 3 SRDs this week (today, friday, saturday) so I am GOING INSANE.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- I enjoy taking care of my kid like 4 hours on the weekday, then he goes to bed and I ignore him unless he's sick.

superspike113

Honorary Old

DH called, the dog pooped in the front bedroom again. DH picked up the turds but said he would leave the steam cleaning for me because I know how to run the machine. Gee, thanks.