Womens Running

Windy Monday - Supermoms (Read 20 times)

BermyHorse

RR: 8m of speed maintenance - 3m w/u w/plyo & strides. 2400m of ins and outs, 6x80m all out, 1x200m all out. Tired. Yesterday I did my LR on tm at Y 10miles@8min/miles. Job got done. Boring. Coach said I was looking tired. Sitter said I had low energy. Coach told me to take 2 days off running this week - that will be the first time in18 weeks that I will have a 5running day week only. Preparing for goal race on 28th.

NRR: grocery shopping - trying Ernie's strategy of allotting 3 hours to get it all done and not being stressed.

NRR2: out of nowhere my dad emailed me trying to reconcile. The email was bullying, aggressive and accusatory (where have you been all this time and why did you not call me- type thing when his abandonment was, well since I was a kid). I gave him what for. DH said I gave the verbose version of the finger. My dad signed off with "let's go for a drink". Erm, you clearly do not know me - or the fact that I have been sober for 5 years. I think he was on something. Plus he is in the UK and I am a jebillion miles away in cowboy boot land. F*in moron. DH said he thinks my dad has realised he will have no presents this xmas.

NRR3: freakin awesome jean story. So, I have my fave Lucky jeans in a size 4 and goal size 2. I tried the 4s on a while back and they were tight on my chunky quads. Time passed. Grabbed jeans off rack yesterday and slipped them on no probs. Looked for belt - belt was on another pair of jeans. I had slipped right on into my goal size 2 jeans!!!!!! WHOOO HOOOOOOOOOO.

TR: we had an epic day on sat - went to a craft convention thing at the TN state show grounds (DH asked to go - how cool?), then we went to the Auto Show at the massive music city hall and looked at all the cars (we got free tickets from a really sweet old man on the stairs on the way in) and then we had a nap and went back out to Opryland and looked at all the lights and xmas decorations (again DH idea). DH is totally my best friend. (sorry, but he rocks).

FR: cooked up a storm - stuffed red peppers, pumpkin pancakes, muffins paleo style which were so oily (coconut oil) they were inedible and all went into teh trash (even bermy has epic fail FRs) - not my cooking, the awful recipe. Tonight will be salmon cakes.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

BermyHorse

Zorbs – to run a hm with you is on my bucket list of life’s things to do. Have  you decided what training cycle you are going to start when your hiatus is over?

Rg – glad you enjoyed the course. Good luck with the test part!

Ernie – glad you had a good race – but no advice on pacing. I am learning every day as I go. Your FR sounds delish!

CA – yay on weight! Sounds like your body is doing exactly what it needs to – you are a mean lean racing marathon machine! How are you coping with taper madness? Grateful of less kms?

Mrszm – hey lady! Glad all is well in mrszm land! Yay for new tm! So handy eh?I would love one. Need to talk DH into it.

Spike – omg so cute on R diapering the cars. I think he has got it! Wow o furniture. And annoying people. Glad R was okay. Misadventure bruise for sure.

Nola – yay for running – how did you shin hold up?

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

bermy - I've been worried that I was going to gain 10lbs w/ running less, but obviously that's not a problem, lol.  My body is grateful for less km's but I don't know what to do with the time, today at lunch I walked for 45 mins, listening to my audio book.  Wooo hoooo on the jeans!!!  Ugh on your dad... I guess you should be glad that there is an ocean between you.  My grandma left a message on my phone, most of my family is pretty healthy and stable - was going to put normal, but I now wonder if unstable is actually the normal... but she is so very immature, always has some guilt trip going... I try to use it as an example on how to not mature and grow old.  Enjoy that extra rest day, you've earned it!!

i'm off to a 1.5 hr meeting... sigh.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- that sounds like an awesome day! I know we talked about it before, but you owe your dad no loyalty, and I'm proud of you for flipping him a verbal bird. Yay for size 2 jeans! I had some size 2 pants for less than a year right before I got pg with DS, and I gave them all to Goodwill. I need to find running inspiration again. The Jingle Bell run that I normally do is different this year- they are doing a 1 mile + 3 mile course instead of the single 1.8 mile course they used to have, I thought about taking R to do the 1 miler, but its likely that I'll be packing or moving that day.

Furniture related- I got some quotes from my local store. So much more affordable! One chair I looked at in Wenatchee was $1360, and my local store quoted me $699-899 depending on the upholstery. I mostly just went to the other store to be able to sit on stuff and get a feel for it since my local store is kinda small

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

bermy - right now I am thinking about re-using the same training plan I wrote for spring 2013 - I'm doing pretty much the same races.  Although shhh I might hire our newly minted coach.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/