Womens Running

(Over 40) September has snuck up on us (Read 19 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Yep, it is Sept!  Just wow

Hammy is off to see if he needs surgery. I think they will send him home. It is a dried up scab now so the shouldn't need to cut it off his foot. Dh took him so we shall see.

I need to go run!  Yikes. I have messed around and haven't gotten out the door yet.

Marjorie

Bikerchick1

Morning Ladies!

Back from vacation.  Had a great time in Little Cayman, we dove, and dove, and dove some more!  Whew...  I only got out 2 times for a 40 min. walkish/run.  Was a little apprehensive to do more, we did pretty deep diving, and at the risk of getting "bent" from the nitrogen build up decided to not push it!

Yesterday RB and I did 20...mentally I needed to get it done!  Did not feel bad actually Smile

I have not kept up on personals....but will get back in the loop now!

Carol

Good Morning!

I would love to have another day off.  Still so much on my to-do list!

Only 2 miles this morning.  Lots of lightning so I went to the house.  I did get dinner into the crock pot, so it wasn't a total waste.  Will try again after work.

Carol--enjoyed your diving pics

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

11.2 miles. Still waiting to hear if Hammy needs surgery or not. I'm hoping not!

Carol glad you had a great vacation.

Marjorie

runlikeagirl18

Good morning ladies-

I got out for 5.2 sticky miles this morning. I'm ready for some crisp fall morning! Headed out shortly for core class.

Marjorie- fingers crossed that Hammy doesn't need surgery!

Carol - sounds like you got plenty of exercise, even without running.

Crazysue - bummer on the run being cut short. We had a lot of storms here over the weekend, but all in the afternoon.

Off for some domestic XT before class. Have a great day-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Arimathea

Tessa

RN texted me last night to say she has a meeting today at the other end of the county, could we make it tomorrow instead? Yes, I could. But I got up and ran today anyway. 4 sticky miles, even at 4 AM it was 75 degrees or so.

Trying to squish the day's work into the morning b/c DH's doctor is on site at the facility between 12-1 and I want to meet with him. There are some tough questions that need to be addressed.

And today I had a close encounter of the canid kind. I was nearing the end of my run, westbound against traffic on a stretch of frontage road between the freeway and a hill to the north of the freeway, and coming towards me on the strip of ground between the guardrail and the bank down to the freeway was a good sized coyote. I veered into the street to give hm (her? It?) a bit more room, and he looked at me and then ran on past me. Then he stopped about 30 feet away, crossed the eastbound lanes, stopped in the median strip and waited for a WB car to go by, then crossed those lanes and was up the hill in a few bounds. I was impressed with the coyote's traffic savvy. I've seen humans with a lot less regard for traffic!

Will try to BBL for personals.

runlikeagirl18

Tessa - that would totally freak me out! I don't even like dogs, much less coyotes. I hope it goes well with DH's doctor.

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

No surgery for Hammy. They will reassess next Monday but things are looking good. Little guy caught a break!  So we will see what they think next week.

Tessa hope the doctor gives you the answers to you questions.

Marjorie

ginnyb

it did sneak up on us!

Marjorie....so glad Hammy does not need surgery at this point.

Met with the trainer this morning......will have my first session on Thursday.  He is a runner, said he would like to take me out running too, see if we can improve my time....I told him all he would have to do is walk fast!   But I was impressed that he would like to do that.  We shall see....

Did WT on my own yesterday, but no run and no run this morning since I met with the trainer early.

Sue....I am with you on another day off!   I could use several actually.

Cindy...not sure if our crisp mornings are here to stay, but it was that way today.  Last week we had 80's and high humidity, now we need a jacket...weird weather.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Anonymous Guest

Hi all,

Race yesterday was much fun. I finished in 3:58, very happy with that since I didn't really taper and ran it in the midst of 70 mile weeks. Big confidence boost for my goal race in less than 6 weeks. After drove up to my friends house and hung out with her, her husband and her dad and stepmom that were out visiting from our hometown in IL. I hadn't seen them in years, after having spent so much time at their house through high school and college. It was fun to hang out. Flew home today, which brought on a bit of a migraine, so I got home and went to bed for about 3 hours. I'm drugged and functional now, but not feeling my best. Probably just have some dinner and make an early night of it.

I'll try to catch up on personals from the last few days....

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies!  I did 9 miles with 6 X 800m and hubby restarted running with 2 miles pain free.  Hoping his shin splints are a thing of the past.

Congrats, Karen, on the race.  Awesome pics in FB.

Hope everybody is having a great night.  I have been busy.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Cindy, it's OK. Coyote and I decided to leave each other alone. Dai stiho, brother. (If your kids are looking for reading material for the fall, they might want to check out Diane Duane's "So You Want To Be A Wizard" and its sequels. Excellent fantasy YA series.)

Karen, sorry you have a migraine.

Carol, welcome back, sounds like the diving was good.

I took the afternoon off to go to the SNF and visit DH and see the doctor who's seeing him there.

Condition is "guarded". Not yet time to call hospice. Wait another week or two to see how the UTI and pneumonia are doing. (I didn't know he had had another UTI.) DH disoriented, wanted to go home, did not want to do PT, did not want to take meds, just wants me to pack him up and take him home. Dr says no. Discharge planner at nursing home says if he isn't making significant progress then insurer will stop paying and I will have to take him home and care for him. DH promptly chivvied into wheelchair. Protests. Wheeled around the grounds. More protests. Finally he told me to get out if I wasn't going to take him home right then. So I did.

Got most of the way home, heard clunking noise from under car. Check engine light was on. Engine temperature gauge all the way to the top. Got off freeway, turned off engine, called Triple A. Popped the hood whilst waiting. Very little coolant. Triple A put in 2 gallons of water and told me to take it to the dealership. I did. After 2 hours of waiting was told that thermostat is shot and air filter needs replacing. Thermostat should be ready tomorrow. Left car at dealership, took public shuttle (AKA bus) home. Now relaxing in AC and drowning sorrows in Pinot Grigio.

And DH called me again while I was on the bus. He was rational when I was talking about the car issues, but then went straight back to the same refrain: take me home. Come get me and take me home. Why can't he understand that he's not ready to go home?

Not a good day.

Popping in to send hugs to Tessa.

(And to anyone else who needs one!)

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Linda

It's late, here in CA, so I will be short.

Tessa:  I wish I had some words for you.  I believe in your strength.  I hope that you have a much better day tomorrow.

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47