Womens Running

Wonderful Weekend (over 40) (Read 20 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Oh my Karen!  I hope he is Okay.

Just blasted my twin. Seriously. I won't rant here but let's just say making my dad cry is uncool and I'd had it so he heard stuff he needed to hear and I hope he will grow a pair and act our age and fix this.

Marjorie

camille2

Ginny, kudo's on getting up at 5:30 on a Sunday! That earns major points, I think. It's sad to think of Karnel.

Karen, your poor hubby!  That had to be major impact to break the bike in half.  Would the manufacturer replace that frame?  BTW, good luck on the interview.

Marjorie, your miles today may be more than mine for the week.  Way to go!

I did about 4.5 this afternoon. I wanted one last run on the Coastal Tr. and thought they'd opened my favorite section which has been under construction. It wasn't open ,so I went the other direction which eventually leads to the port and industrial area-not quite the scenery I had in mind. : )  I felt good after the first mile though and it was much better than yesterday's attempt, so I'm quite happy.

Bikerchick1

Karen - Yikes on your DH's bike....glad he is ok....

Ginny - Good job on the run, even though it wasn't fun Sad    Several of my Tri friends are at Cedar Point doing Rev 3....I thought that was the one that Karnel did - still seems unbelievable doesn't it..

Marjorie - Oh boy....doesn't sound good re: the twin and your Dad....

Carol

Karen-hope Mike is alright! I can't imagine a bike breaking like that and him being okay. But hopefully the bike took the brunt of it. The pics were very pretty.

Ginny-nice going today!

Marjorie-not much going to be accomplished with that behavior except pushing dad further away.

Laura-saw the pics of son's wrist break. hope things are better today.

Sorry to be somewhat of a downer all of the time. It's just so weird to not be posting double or even single digit runs so casually. Knee does feel pretty good today. Did some weeding and trimming of perennials. Also went for  a walk with a friend. PT tomorrow.

We have been eating so much better not that I'm in WW. Enjoying squashes!

Lisa

Evening, everyone!  Always sorry to see the weekend end.  Had a reasonably productive day today.  Ran 4 easy miles with DH, brought him to the airport, did a couple loads of laundry, hit the grocery store, and did a few hours of work.  Now I'm testing the theory that a pint of Ben & Jerry's holds four servings.  That's what they claim on the label, anyway.

Marjorie, that sort of stuff from the twin is uncalled for, especially when you've been bending over backwards to make things work out for the best for everyone.

Camille, glad the run today went well, even it if wasn't quite the run you wanted to do.  You've been very productive with your packing, purging, and organizing.  Sounds very satisfying.

Carol, sounds like you did a fun (and very safe, haha) race yesterday!

Lisa, the cider mill trip sounds like a nice autumn thing to do.  Glad the knee is feeling better -- hope the PT continues to help.  Running will still be there when your knee is ready for it.  Kudos on the healthy eating!

Karen, that's some crazy mileage you did this week!  Seems like your DH should go get himself checked out, just to make sure his various parts came through more intact than his bicycle.

GinnyB, well done on getting your miles in, even if it was a slog.

CrazySue, I enjoyed your race report!  No way could I do something like that.

Back to work tomorrow, ugh... Have a great week.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR