Womens Running

Deep freeze Tuesday - Supermoms (Read 14 times)

superspike113

Honorary Old

kant- this is what I use with the Chariot to keep Hallie from pulling gentle leader head collar  If they pull, it turns their head back towards you- she is a perfect angel with her head collar on and I clip her to the handle with a ginormous carabiner.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

spike - that is the off season rate...   You can stay cheaper via travel sites but then we can't use our gc.

Lame! Can you buy a cheaper room then use the GC for Wine/food/massages/room service?

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - It's still $300 a night through the other sites, more than I'd pay for a hotel room, and then we'd have $500 to spend on dinner, etc.....  classic fwp.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

spike - yes, there is jr and sr kindergarten. I have a white purse (that needs to be tossed, it looks like shit), my current purse (Harvey's seatbelt gray/taupe), a black fake Coach, and a cherry red one.  B stole my evening purse for carrying Thomas around and may have dropped it in the toilet, thankfully it was from Payless or something so I'm not too devastated over that..

kant - I go to hot yoga like 2-3x a year so at $20/class it's not ridiculous.  My favourite thing to do is get in the room while my hands/feet are still cold from outside and feel them slowly defrost. lol when DH and I were in ernie's town a couple weeks ago we said we wouldn't want to live where everyone knows us/vice versa, but her town has no gym so I'm sure if I opened a gym there it would be busy!  Sure I'll make you an ST plan if you want.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Kantkatchme

Spike-  we tried that,  then we tried the easy walk harness (I think same company). And now we are on this new harness.(don't remember the name)   It works well when we go for walks and runs.  yesterday with both of them I didn't have a prayer lol.   I was going to sit down if I couldn't get them to stop at the end of the street.

Thankfully they went in a straight line and then stopped to sniff a snow bank lol.

runnergirl9508

RR: a little over 5 miles on the TM today. I had all of my stuff with me to layer up and run outside after my first PT client, but I just didn't feel like dealing with all of it today. It felt awesome to run in just shorts and a t-shirt. I forgot how HOT I get on a TM, though. I was a sweaty mess.

TR: took him to the parent center above the library this morning, and he had a blast! We stayed for 1.5hrs, and he could have easily stayed longer. I asked him if he had fun and wanted to go back, and he said, "YES!!!" There are so many different activities to do- art stations, slides, legos, trucks, a mini house with all the appliances. I think we'll be making it a weekly trip. The other parents there were really nice, too.

NRR: ready for spring. beyond ready for spring.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

zorbs- I've never cooked lasagna in a crockpot. you'll have to let us know how it turns out. yay for Kindergarten reg! We've been checking out preschools for R for this fall, and it just doesn't seem possible he's old enough!

CA- enjoy the above freezing temps- I'm jealous. It's currently 0, with a windchill of -17F. Brrr. Aw, sounds like M had a great day yesterday. Ugh, I hate the early morning wakeups when I can't get back to sleep. OMG, that's crazy price!

Ernie- hope the tempo run went well. .I'm getting crabby with the snow and ice covered roads too. I just want it to warm up to 35*F, already. Glad that S slept well last night for you. Have fun at the library.

Kant- DH has offered to give me a "day off" to do whatever I feel like, so he's being thoughtful! How cool that you get to ski. I totally feel the same right now w/ the winter weather. It's just too darn cold. Ugh on the no sleeping- hope she's back to STTN and good naps soon. I had my first AF at 18 months PP, once I weaned R. It was very light as well, lasted 3 days, same as before I had him.

Mer- hope you can get a run in today! Yay for only 2 wake-ups and for feeling rested. I remember those 5-hr stretches made me feel like a new woman! how cool is that peer program! You're still nursing- of course you'll be hungry! Smile

Spike- hope you can get a good workout in later today. Whoohoo for R STTN! R has wanted 3 blankets in his crib lately at night and nap time. Whatever makes you happy kid. And his room is the warmest in the house. Ugh on DH's schedule- doesn't sound like he's home much. DH had a hernia repair 3 yrs ago and was home later that afternoon.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - the crockpot lasagna is decent, not as good as baked of course but it's easy to put together and as I said to CA, do not overcook it.  I can't believe you ran on the TM but that's why I've been doing TM a lot lately, just can't be bothered to lug all that gear to work.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

zorbs - You are too funny. I think the 20+ cloves of roasted garlic just might be the cause of all the gas. Yes, please come open a gym here! You would have tons of business, especially if it had a pool. When I lived in Toronto, I had a Goodlife membership, so when I first moved here, I used to go to the gym in Newmarket, but it was ridiculous to drive there and back everyday (plus the Newmarket gym sucked) so I cancelled my membership soon after and bought a bunch of ST stuff for home.

CA - Please send that above freezing weather this way! Swimming is always a sure fire sleep elixir for kids. $400/night sure is pricey but I guess I am not too surprised for Banff.

kant - Season 6 of Dexter is a total snooze fest. You should just skip to S7, which is pretty good and then watch S8, just because you might as well make it to the end at this point. So many kiddos seem to be sleeping poorly these days. I think it's because it is so cold out they aren't getting enough fresh air! My AF was 3 days and super light for many cycles post partum. It has actually only changed to 4/5 days and a more normal flow in the past two cycles.

mer - Does the high school have TMs or are you running on the track? Hopefully this is the only day you have to eat pizza this week! I eat more than my DH a lot, too.

spike - I like both totes. But if you can wear it with most of your coats and outfits, I say go with the red! I am doing Pfitz 18/55 for marathon training.

rg - A TM run would feel downright sweltering compared to the temps outside! I think once the weather warms up to 35F, we will all be outside running in tanks and shorts because it will feel so warm. So glad you had a good time at the parent centre! It is great to have something like that around.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - yup, I opt for the TM once a week in the winter for the same reason - and when I'm at home, I end up in a bra and shorts bc I'm so sweaty!  Wow that parent center sounds amazing, is it free?

ernie - today's the only warm day this week... then it's dropping again.  Regular hotels in Banff are much more reasonable, it's only because it's THE banff springs.

I'm obsessively checking my email and it's making time grind to a halt! UGH...

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

Breaking news: I bought the red bag. I was going to get the metallic one, but Kantkatchme's comment on the metallic finish wearing off swayed me to the other since I am really hard on purses.