Womens Running

MLK Monday! (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

Speaking of the Strava challenge, I just realized my log was set to private, not public, until I changed my settings today.  That might DQ me from the challenge since I think only entries going forward are publicly visible, not the last two weeks.  Oh well, the challenge was the motivation that I needed to get out and run more, so mission accomplished.  5 miles this afternoon, SRD moved to tomorrow.

Made banana bread for my DH for his birthday.  He likes that more than cake.  

Kilmisters, re ankle: more scotch tape needed?  Umm, okay bad joke.  Your face mask looks much more useful than Bane's and his gear isn't even reflective.  No comparison, you are much more badass.

Lizzie, what cake are you ordering for your birthday?  Of course you get your favorite cake ALL DAY when it's your birthday.  (Or if you're my DH, you get banana bread all day.)  DH was gone for the last 2 weeks, which is normal for him.

CrazySue, you can't just say that you bought a wedding dress... you know we need pics!

Kupcakes, I don't think I'm officially in the challenge any more due to my log snafu, but hopefully there's something good for the finishers.

Weird having so much free time today...

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Half Crazy K 2.0

Gatsby Bird, the challenge mentions you need to upload the activities within 3 days of the challenge ending. It looks like there is a way to make the activities public. May be worth a look, well, depends on what the prize it.

Docket_Rocket

It is not the flu, Lizzie. I am not super sick.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Liz, congratulations on the carrot cake! Love carrot cake, and the more frosting the better as far as I'm concerned though I'm not quite on SIL's level, she thinks the amount of buttercream should = the amount of cake.

Scary with your mum, though that is a very common problem as people get older. Esophagus narrows and gets less toned and flexible. DH had the same issue and had to have his dilated with a procedure where they put a tube down his throat, I believe he did have a general (otherwise you would gag a lot) but it worked well.

Sandy, um, so so on the Dry Veganuary. I've had a few glasses of wine but not as much as I would normally have, and the only time I've slipped with egg/milk ingredients is last night when I absentmindedly had a few chocolate truffles. Hello MILK chocolate. Oh well.

Karen, I would definitely ask about the start line issue.

Tired. I was determined to get in a 20 miler today and to park at Trader Joe's so I could do some shopping there afterwards, and managed to figure a route that got me to 20.37. Good way to start the week! Saw a lot of people walking with and without dogs, ran past another Little Free Library at mile 5 (and so did 15 with a book...) remembered why I don't usually go in a certain part of town (no sidewalks or shoulders), and returned proudly albeit later than I would have liked.