Womens Running

How wild can it get? Wednesday - Supermoms (Read 21 times)

mrszackmorris

Spike: dh just read an article online about sleep and kids. 1-3 year olds need 12-14 hours of sleep total per day including nap time.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Spike: dh just read an article online about sleep and kids. 1-3 year olds need 12-14 hours of sleep total per day including nap time.

Gah! R hasn't slept that much in 6 mos. He's going to bed between 7:30-8 (last night was 8:15) and waking up between 5-5:30. He will occasionally sleep in til 6-630, but we usually have to bring him into our bed to get him to do that.  And he's been skipping naps. He might be his father's son- DH doesn't usually sleep more than 5-6 hours on workdays then tries to make up for it on his days off.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runnergirl9508

Quick post again today, sorry! I feel badly for not

being able to write personals this week!

RR: 6.5 miles on my break today, and a full body weight workout teaching a class right after my run. Good day!

TR: took his tricycle to the park yesterday so we could ride around on the paved path, and he had a great time.

NRR: so ready for the weekend, except we will be traveling, le sigh. DHs family is hosting a clam steam. Ugh. We're going to end up seeing the ILs 4 weekends in a row: last was the party, upcoming for clam steam, then they're going to stop by on their way to/from MILs sistwrs house. They plan on stYing a couple of noghts at each end of their trip too. I like my ILs, but I might not after seeing them so much in a month! And I'm ready for a weekend at home with NOTHING to do. The last one of those was sometime early July,

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

BermyHorse

RR: tons of running. Sat 12.5m lr with stroller. Monday I did a nice tempo, easy 7.40 with last few mins at 7.30. Felt more comfortable than hard so I am ready to move up to 7.20. Yesterday RP and i whipped out a 5m recovery with stroller with abs, prehab and foam rollering. Yoga last night. Today was track coaching session.  It was 91 degrees and plan was 5x800s at 7.30min/miles. But I set off and couldn't run that slowly so I did 3.27, 3.26, 3.26. Then she took my watch off me and told me to run. And i did a 3.25 and i felt like I wasn't digging deep. Then she said do 400m same and then speed up to negative split and let it rip so I did a 3.10. Then she said, well, I hadn't planned this but let's see if you can do that again. So I did a 3.13. Then she stopped and said I am ready to race and we have reached a milestone. She asked me if I could go and get some super speedy racing flats from LRS(or she said try them on there and then get them cheaper on line). I was wearing the sayonaras which she labelled as light trainers. She said I also have a marathoner's shuffle when I get tired and need to do plyo drills at least 2xweek to strengthen hams. So I will ask DH to train me in his new crossfit gym in the basement (he even has a climbing rope and gymnastic rings attached to ceiling as well as a 30lb slam ball) to do some plyo drills. I highly doubt I will be using his 73lb kettlebell though. Zorbs, I will leave that one for you when you visit. I am settled at 40mpw for now. Looking for a test 5k in mid-sept.

NRR: bermy5 played with DS in paddling pool whilst I was training today and he has sunburn. Is it too much to ask someone else, other than me, to think ahead regarding the well being of my son? I am cross.

NRR2: got a book on making bags/purses so I am reading that. And furniture. I am reading the "make your own farmhouse kitchen table". Seriously fancy trying some woodwork. All of this is in nap time/after 10pm with no small child present.

TR: kisses everything including the petting goats at the petting zoo, dogs at the park etc. Trail ran with DH and I on Sat until he got too tired and then DH carried him. It was awesome. We just set off and he just came with us. Eating like a horse - steel cut oats this morning, bowlfuls of sweet potato, broccoli and chicken breast last night.

FR: halibut, cannellini beans, artichoke hearts and cherry tomatoes all baked. DH, for bodybuilding, wants to try a bit more paleo style stuff. Got a cookbook and am prepping. Although some of the meaty things I know he will not go for and i just can't bring myself to cook with lard. Sorry. I am very open to learning all about it though.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

BermyHorse

Rg – your cake is absolutely beautiful.I had no idea you could do that and I am so impressed. I don’t know who scout is (is that sad?) but you did a fab job on the symmetry and shape plus how even your piping was. Very cute. Lucky R!

Zorbs – hope you had a nice day with ernie. What is epic junk?

Cx2 – I am so happy for you for your weight gain from last week. You are doing great from what you say. And waking a sleeping baby is just pure torture when we put so much effort into putting them to sleep!

Eh – share the lasagna recipe if you think it is a hit! I’d like to try it anyway! How is your coaching going?!

Ernie – yay for day out and too funny on playing in the rain anyway! And good for you for letting her have fun.

Dexy – how are your coaching sessions going?

Mrszm – that separation anxiety is a complete nightmare. How are you coping? Glad you are still seeing your chiro and getting work on your body! Your shorts (or rather un-shorts as there is so little fabric) are my skinny motivation. Thank you.

CA – what is bricking? Your company sound a bit of a nightmare – they can’t just tell you when to take holidays? So annoying.

Arm – yay for cutback week. And sleep sleep sleep whenever you can. What are you doing for L’s 2nd b’day? I have absolutely no ideas for anything and we are so low key. I was just thinking about watermelon and a trip to the zoo. I think he has a billion toys already. Maybe my DH will have an ingenious idea.

Spike – missed you and glad you had a nice trip although it sounded a bit of a kerfuffle in places. Please don’t hesitate to let me know what you would like from wf – my treat. I would love to send you gf and nutfree treats. And I am desperate for remnants for my learning to sew bags thing. Any ideas for cute places for them?

nola - if you are lurking - hello and hope you are doing okay and looking after that sfx and not going too crazy! big hugs.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

bermy - the KB is exactly what you need to be using. Trains posterior chain for explosive power with swings.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

beckykay

Bermy:  Ugh, I would be frustrated with the sunburn too.  Have you heard of bulletproof coffee?  I don't think I could ever go completely paleo but bossman is a HUGE fan so he pushes that stuff hardcore.

BermyHorse

zorbs - I might work on picking the thing up before I try anything fancy with it!!

becky - never heard of the coffee. Was thinking of you today cos coach's DH works for DEA. I am not encouraging you to move to nashville (hint) but I can get a phone number should K want to make a call...

beckykay

Bermy:  Oooooh!  Nice, I'll have to drop since hints tonight Wink  Bulletproof coffee is grass-fed butter in your coffee, which sounds disgusting to me.

nolamama

CQTM

Hi Ladies,

Bermy - thanks. I'm just lurking and definitely taking care of my sfx. I would be P-O'd about the sunburn, too. I'm so afraid of A getting burnt, but she's about the fairest thing ever. It would be horrible having a sunburnt baby...I hope it isn't too bad!

Waves to the rest of y'all.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- Joann's should have little odds and ends of fabric that you can find discounted in the bins. I think their minimum yardage is 1/8 yd, so that's not a bad option either. I honestly never really had time to look at the WF packaged stuff. We just usually hit up the meat counter and produce section. We also like to walk thru the deli and drool over the delicious looking food.   Your running is going amazingly! I wish I could say the same for mine. I looked at my log and I'm at 68 miles this month, last month was 127 lol.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Sorry, just got home from a fun afternoon downtown w/ family, it's not often that you get to be a tourist in your own town!

Bermy - bricking is a tri term, just doing two workouts back to back, so we're going to cycle, then run.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

BermyHorse

CA - ha ha - in England, if you are "brickin' it" it means you are so nervous/fearful/scared that you are sh*tting bricks.  Ha ha.