Womens Running

We LOVE the WEEKENDS (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Excellent on the 20 Damaris!!!  Deep Dish perhaps??  

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Fuck no. 😂 such a thing does not exist down here, fortunately.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Great job on the 20, D.

Liz, can you believe I've lived here four years and never done the Blue Bell race? It's always been just a 5K and 10K and seems like too far to drive for a short race. Last year they added a half, but it was the same weekend as Boston.

Laura, hope the knee pain is nothing serious and just goes away on its own. I have no other suggestions, sorry.

Margaret, your weekends always sound packed full of fun. Hope the trail half went well today.

HCK, nice running this weekend. Sorry the car buying isn't going so well.

We had an.....interesting afternoon. The storms passed and it started clearing up so DH decided to take a drive in his Corvette. Heard it start up and back out of the garage. Heard a bang and the dogs were barking. I guess it stalled in the driveway, and when he started it back up it backfired and started on fire! He realized pretty quickly it was sitting in a puddle of burning gas so pushed it back, then hosed the burning grass and driveway and put out that fire. Something in the engine was still burning so he ran in and got a fire extinguisher out of the kitchen while I called 911. It was out by the time the two cops and two fire engines showed up, but still smoking pretty bad so the firemen pulled off the smoking parts and made sure everything was out. Got some of it on the security cameras. Scary, extremely lucky it happened after pulling out of the garage but before getting down the road (and out of range of hose and fire extinguisher), but lots of damage. He called his Corvette guy and will have it towed there tomorrow and will also call insurance. May or may not be totaled.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Woah, Karen!  That's scary! Hoping it does not cost too much!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Another WOW!  So glad DH is OK and it was put out quick and nobody was hurt.  Poor car though...  Sad.

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Half Crazy K 2.0

AnonymousGuest, OMG, that is scary. At least it happened where the fire could be put out quickly.

Karen, yikes on the fire!  Glad the damage was not worse (well, other than to the car).

Lizzie, sore glutes is the story of my life between hills and trails and kettlebells.  But it's a good sore!

Kat, I arrive at 2:40 pm on Friday.  You could always sit in the bar for 3 hours like the last race we met up for...    I don't mind taking Uber to save Lisa a second trip.  We can see what she wants to do.

Damaris, nice 20!  Hope you got pizza and it was good.

HCK, sorry the car shopping was unsuccessful.

Had a good day at the HM.  Went up for 3 miles, then down, then up a different trail for 4 miles, then down the first trail.  3300' vert.  2nd in AG! Then I ran another 3 for a total of 16.  Volunteered in the afternoon, saw a few people that I know, had fun, but I'm beat.  I need another weekend day!

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR