Womens Running

Happy Thanksgiving THURSDAYS! (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Happy Thanksgiving!!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for me!

I decided to stick to the schedule and take a rest day. PF was really bugging me last night and I still don't feel 100% post race. I don't want to push it! PLUS I have a feeling I am going to be so full of carbs today, I am defiantly going to want to run tomorrow! The gym is holding special classes so I may head to a spin or something...maybe not. Looks like a 3:30am wakeup call! Oh well!

OH so baby is coming soon. My SIL "lost" some "plug" or something disgusting that apparently is an indicator. Watch that baby come today! I don't think I could ever be pregnant. The things that happen and come out of there would gross me out. LOL.

Good luck to all you turkey trotters!!!

Sandy - ARGH I keep forgetting that this 10K was part of your race series. Sorry. LOL, now I am laughing trying to imagine a cat taking a bath hahaha. Oh man, I have had too many chocolate martinis before and the hangover is not fun. Are you doing anything fun on your 4 day weekend?! Hope you have a good are today!

Run4kupcakes - Wow, nice speed work yesterday! It was really windy! Oh wow on your workplace..that is scary. Be careful! You are right about Ruger, I immediately thought the same thing. We were just surprised because he has his special “pillow” at home..but he has never ever tried to hump anything else.

Karen - Have a good race today!! Laughing at the race with the high school boy,

Kilmisters - I did a 20 miler once in a downpour. I will never forget that. Christmas Eve and I was in SHORTS. It rained from start to finish..that was my second marathon and it really instilled in my mind that I was a bad@ss. Hehe. Today’s “LR” was double digits. If it wasn’t I would have gone out there..I don’t want to push myself right now. Ah yes, the first cold day of the season. Its hard to motivate when it gets real cold. Takes a while to get used to it! It always ends up being awesome though Smile Did you talk to your friend while running?!

Run2trail - Congratulations on the trail marathon! Really cool that you got to take a picture where Forrest Gump was filmed. You know I haven’t seen that movie? I am so out of the loop. Anyway, you did an awesome job hanging in there! Not sure I could do the same with the cramping. How is the ankle feeling now? A pottery vase is such a unique award..how awesome. Congrats to your RB!

Tessa - Smart on stretching the feet before getting out of bed. Do you still have issues with PF? Its just REMEMBERING to stretch them before getting out of bed. I am one of those people that when the alarm goes off - I jump out. No snoozing. I think the worst part about the vendor is that I am technically his boss. He works for my company. We hold their contract…so if he is doing this to me he is doing it to other people. Cranberry walnut pie!? I have never heard of such a thing. IT SOUNDS AMAZING! Good for you for donating blood!

Docket - Awe! Poor Bugsy! Nice run and WOW on the outside temps!! Did you break out your gloves? Hahaha JK. LOL..see! Thats what I was talking about - smell. I didn’t know if cats needed a bath because of smell like dogs.

HuronHeart - Wow, nice job getting a noon run! I wouldn’t have the motivation haha.

Have a great Thanksgiving!!! EAT LOTS!!! We will all have GREAT runs tomorrow!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

dhuffman63

Trails

DR has a cat that likes baths and gets one once a week. It's a calico so already weird. Our new kitten has jaundice and anemia so we're treating that....free cat indeed.

Doing turkey day with family for the first time in years and I'm grateful I can be here. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Congratulations Diana....good luck everyone racing this weekend.

Bikerchick1

Lizzie - You crack me up about the “things that come out down there”...be

ieve me, at that point in pregnancy you don’t care what grossness comes out as long as it includes a baby soon!  Hope all goes good and your family gets a little thanksgiving baby!  Ugh on the PF Sad

Diane - Glad you get to join your family for Thanksgiving!

Heading  out to do my own little Turkey trot around the neighborhood.  That is always my tradition on holidays.  Then the family is com8ng over for dinner.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

Carol

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Happy Thanksgiving to you All! 

Lizzie, I am still LOL about your pregnancy comments.   It can still be a while after the plug, although it all depends, since it has been 47 years since I had the problem and things have changed. LOLOLOL...

Wednesday it was almost 32° with tiny balls of snow coming in with the wind a few at a time. It’s always so much fun running with snow falling. The park always gets scraped and treated in the winter so it’s great for running (even though I need to go round and round). It was not slippery at all.

Today I’m planning a run down in the park then going to visit DC.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Happy Thanksgiving!  I have 5 and weights tonight.  Bugsy took our bed last night and no one dared sleep with us.  Poor babies.

Lizzie, enjoy the rest day and the impending birth.

Diane, enjoy the family eating.

Carol, good luck on the TT!

Judy, enjoy the run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Gobble Gobble Gobble all.

Good luck to all Turkey Trotters today!!!

Lizzie, good luck to your sister.  Childbirth does indeed sound less than appealing.  Glad I passed.  Yes, the others are right about cat bathing, NOT a wise idea for most and I have the scars to prove it.

Diane, sorry about kitty - Jasmine, yes?

Carol, enjoy your trot around the hood and have a fab dinner.

Judy, running in snow is pretty, but too cold for me.  Enjoy the afternoon with DC.

Sandy, my critters don't beg for food because I free feed.  I'm lazy like that.  Luckily all their weights are tolerable.  The kitty is a little chubby, but Dad always free fed and I am not going to change her now.  What is really nice is that the dogs primarily leave the cat food alone.  Now the litter box is another story...

HCK, nice you have the week off!

Karen, hope your Turkey Trot was good.  No lines at the store?

Elina, glad your meeting was a success.

Diana, sounds like a tough but pretty race.  Mmmm, sand, gotta love it.  Hope your ankle/knee are improving.

Tessa, I made not so festive Caramel Layer Squares.  Basically brownies with caramel, nuts, and chocolate chips.  Easy and I had the ingredients.  I just couldn't find the enthusiasm to make a cheesecake.

Damaris, Purrito it is!!  Some kitties really have a hard time with meds and the towel trick can help, some.

Kathy, I am a morning runner too, but not too early because I can't seem to drag my rear end out of bed at a decent hour.

It is quite cool out here this morning.  I loved hiding under the covers, I still haven't turned the heat on, but I the house is still high 60's and I don't particularly feel cold.

Not really in the mood to run (WHAT?) as I don't have much time.

Anyone crazy in this group for the insanity of in person Black Friday shopping??  Not this girl.  Now Cyber Monday is a different story

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving all.

Kathryn

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Seloc

61:35 for the 10K joggity jog trot this morning.  Only 11+min off my PR from ohhhh, 15ish years ago LOL.  Was sorta hoping I could go sub 60 but at least it was sub 10min/mi for this old lady.  Included tip toeing through the water stop which was verrrrrry icy.  25*, no wind and sunny - pretty perfect morning for running in these parts this time of year!  Hilly (rollers) all cement course on the very popular race route in St. Paul.  Bumped into a couple girls I know from the gym so that was fun.  Could have used some fuel but this weird sickness/not quite healthy thing I've had going on turned into some serious GI distress yesterday afternoon and I wanted to avoid any emergencies LOL.  Now to watch the parade and part of the dog show before heading to my sisters.  They will have the Vikings/Lions game on so I need to see at least some of the puppies!  I also may be enjoying a splash of Baileys in my coffee while I post 

HH - way to squeeze in that 3mi at lunch yesterday!  Meh, no need for hairbrush - just some damp fingers through the hair will get you through.  In theory I would like the option of running at lunch but to me it's sooooo much easier to get it done in the morning.  One shower!

Damaris - what's up, speedy cat?!  You are KILLIN it.  Ummm 70* dewpoint is SWELTERING - I don't care the temp LOL. Hey, have you ever run in MN?  What's the coolest marathon you've ever run?  I swear, you get some decent weather you are going to PR your PR haha  Yep, "most of them will try to kill you" when trying to put a kit kat in water.  That cracked me up - soooooo true!!

Tessa - good on you for donating blood!  Does it affect your running at all?  I was donating plasma for awhile to keep all my own cells haha.  OMG I never did the math - you were up for 22hours with a 50K in there?!!  Oh.  My.  Gosh.  Your pie sounds good even to a non-pie person!  I love that you ran errands - literally!

Diana!  Hi there!  Wow, sounds like quite the challenging race!  Especially that sand.  Uffda!  Way to persevere.  Ouch on the ankle and knee - good plan to rest those up.  Whats next?

Elina - nice run and proud of you to switching it up to easy.  You do so much in floorball already!  Hey, I forget, did you pick a race?  CONGRATS on the meeting and 80% to-do list completion!  That is SO GREAT you have such an awesome rapport with your boss.  Makes work fun.

Karen - hope you had a good race today!

HCK - great run yesterday!  Keep working like you have been and NO DOUBT you will hit your goal.  I forget, whats your next race?  Sweet on the week off!  Oh wow, I didn't know East Baltimore was that rough.  In any case, I'm with you - take the shorter lunch and get out earlier.  Are you cooking today?

Lizzie! aka sweetest Internet friend EVA.  Hooray for rest day.  SMART remembering how much you will want to run tomorrow.  Totally with ya on that one, girl!  Though most of MY carbs will most likely be coming from BEER   YEAH for baby progress!  LOL at  the "plug" LOL.  Yeahhhhhhh, my sister invited me to be in the room for my nephew's birth (16 years ago) - I politely declined.  Some things you just cannot unsee.  Have fun with HCBFs family today!

Diane - a cat that takes baths?  Yeah, weird indeed LOL.  Awwww the poor little one - lucky she found you!  Enjoy your day with family!!

Carol - LOL at your comment to Lizzie.  My sisters have said that, too - you just don't care until the baby is OUT haha.  Have a great trot and day with family!

Judy - that's great your park keeps the path clear.  Hey, maybe you'll see a turkey out there today - wouldn't that be ironic?!  hee hee  Have an awesome day with DC - is he cooking?

Damaris2 - LOL totally laughing at Bugsy finding a spot in your bed which kept the others away!  How many do you have now?  Oh, hey, do PR folks celebrate Thanksgiving?  Please forgive my ignorance...  Are you cooking turkey?

Waving to Laura, Kat, everyone else to come.  Have a fantastic day!!

Seloc

Kat!  crossed so am giving you a shout, too.  Awwww, lucky you can free feed.  I used to until they got too fat.  Plus, with Leo's urine crystals, keeping him at a leaner weight seems to help.  Though he is still probably a bit chunky.  Um that's a big fat NO to Black Friday madness haha.  Get out there for at least a few miles, girl!  At least a glass of wine's worth 

Anonymous Guest

Turkey is about two hours in, sides are in various stages of preparation. I ran a 5 mile race this morning and the temperature was in the low 40s and I didn't take off too fast (I thought I did, but it's been so long since I've run in temps this good I was able to hold it). It was awesome. I finished in 37:53, average 7:31 pace according to my garmin. Nowhere near my 5 mile PR of 34 minutes, but fastest I've run in quite some time. I am pleased. It's a big race - I ended up fifth in my age group. Of course then I looked at my old age group which is always so competitive, and I would have placed third! I guess the fast 45-49 year olds stayed home. It was a nice race, only about 20 minutes away, very well done, plenty of parking, real bathrooms at the start/finish, and pancakes and sausage after. No complaints here. I ran about 2 miles to warm up, so 7 total for the day. Now the internet, the aforementioned cooking, heckling the neighbor on his roof putting up Christmas decorations, and some reading later (I have so many library books on my kindle right now).

Diana, congrats on the marathon! Sounds beautiful, and how cool that your friend placed and got such a great award. I love races where the awards are unique and cool like that.

Liz, good for you on the rest day! This is quite the crowd where the most impressive post is the person that stuck with her rest day....

Exciting on baby watch. And yeah, i would have like to have had kids, but on the other hand I'm glad I didn't have to go through all that!

Diane, happy Thanksgiving to you! So glad you get to spend it with your family.

Carol, hope you had an enjoyable trot around the hood.

Damaris, awwww, poor other kitties. Bugsy has taken no time at all to make himself at home!

Kathryn, isn't this weather just the best? Have a nice time with your friends, your dessert sounds yummy. I bought a frozen pie for our dessert, since we're usually both so stuffed from dinner we have trouble making room for dessert.

Sandy, nice job on the 10K! Especially with feeling crappy lately. Nice weather for racing I suppose, though I'll take my low 40s with no chance of sliding through the water stops, thank you very much.

Our lawn mowing guys come on Thursdays, usually late afternoon. I didn't think they'd come today, since it's Thanksgiving, and the grass isn't growing as fast this time of year. So I was being lazy after getting home from my race and hadn't gone out and picked up the poop in the backyard (even if they weren't mowing, I wanted to do that since garbage pickup is tomorrow). About 10:30, DH says "who's mowing today? Crap, that's our guys - I didn't think they'd be here!" Luckily they also mow our next-door neighbors and started on their yard, so I had time (barely) to get the poop and unlock the back gate. Stupid work ethic of people down here.........caught me off guard!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone celebrating.  I'm thankful that I was able to walk 3.5 miles today on some hilly trails, with minimal coughing!  Maybe I'll try a short joggity jog tomorrow.  DH and I are going over to a neighbor's house for aThanksgiving potluck this afternoon, which is our usual tradition.  So much easier than driving or flying anywhere.  I was assigned green salad, easy peasy.

Hope all the turkey trotters had fun today!

Tessa, thanks for the RR on the San Joaquin race and well done finishing.  Doesn't sound like a race I need to do.  Not a fan of races that go through cow pastures, usually the trails end up rutted and muddy and pooped on.  The 50k that I mentioned the other day is Fort Ord, near Salinas.

Run2Trail, well done to you and your friends on the trail marathon!  I think sand is really tough to run in, one of the reasons I'm hesitant to sign up for trail runs in the southwest like the Grand Circle races.

Lizzie, hope all goes well for your SIL and the baby!  UGH on the a-hole harassing you at work.  Good that you reported it, totally unacceptable for creeps to do stuff like that!  Enjoy your carb-fest today and a well-earned run tomorrow!

DHuff, enjoy your family time!

Carol, hope your turkey day with family goes well too.

Judy, I think it would be fun to run in a light snowfall.  I've never run in snow before, not common here in coastal NorCal!

Damaris, hope Bugsy is doing well!  LOL on the other kittehs staying off the bed.

Kat, no Black Friday shopping for me, although I might be tempted by good race deals online.

Seloc, nice job on the 10k.  You were way faster than I would have been!  Sorry to hear the weird health issues morphed into GI distress.  I hear Bailey's in coffee is good for whatever ails you.  And wine and beer too.  

Karen, impressive that the yard guys were working on Thanksgiving!  You have had a productive day cooking, turkey trotting and picking up poop.  You having people over for turkey?

Have a great day everyone!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Kilmisters

HHeart, you lunchtime runners amaze me to no end... But must be a good stress-relief/restart. Laughing about the wild hair!

Lizzie, thank you for reminding me all the ''interesting'' stuff of pregnancy Big grin Exciting about SIL's baby near arrival! 20mi in downpour? Uhm, that's a very high badass level Big grin I wanted to talk to my friend while running, kms just fly by when you do so, but she didn't hear me well (have had no problems before, so assuming it was the wind). Sad, judging from length of conversation, those would be at least 5kms of blabber Big grin

Diana, trail marathon? Wow! Congrats! Person w a barely functioning ankle talking - take care of yours!

Sandy, that's a nice 10k time, especially in those temps! In winter it sometimes seems that it takes 10k just for the muscle to warm up! Bailey's? Haha, Lizzie actually introduced me to that thing, and gladly so Big grin It's really good! Mentioned coffee liquor once (there is Latvian brand too) and Lizzie said your equivalent is Baileys. Found it in our stores and have had no intention to switch back to ''Latvian version''. Smile No races picked yet. I am not too excited about the small one on Dec10. Then again, after eliminating the trail ones, not a lot of choice during winter. No choice at all, actually.

10k today. Skipped team practice today, it was on the other side of the capital and I had no energy to sit in those traffic jams to MAYBE make it. Not feeling guilty.

Sales department manager asked if we could make the daily report so that it can be filtered by stores (not only formats - hypermarkets/supermarkets etc.). There. Are. 160. Stores. One. Hundred. Sixty. My face when I heard it. It would require designing the whole report from scratch and would probably take many days to even figure out how it could be structured data-wise (and then later refreshed w new data every day in matter of minutes). I have a meeting next week about this topic and will most probably ask about billion times if they really need it so detailed.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Kats, yeah, I purritoed the rest of the cats to deworm them but they don't protest as much.  Tonight is our test of fire with Bugsy's 2nd dose.  I hate going to the mall on normal days (do most of my shopping online), so no for me as well.

Sandy, nice job on the 10K!  Sometime once told me that PRs should expire every 5 years and that you should make new ones (numbers will get slower but it's more accurate to where we are now than obsess over the old ones).  I do that too.  My shorter distance PRs are so far away!

Karen, congrats on the race!  Bugsy sort of took over the house rather than getting used to it.  Looks like my other cats are pussies.  Hershey is meowing at him every so often but won't confront him.

Margaret, glad you are feeling better.  Good luck with the run tomorrow.

Elina, ugh at those reports!  Nice 10K.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

dhuffman63

Trails

Margaret I had been eyeing the Destin beach ultra since my brother lives near so at the beach Tuesday I tested my altras...perhaps not...at least not without a lot of sand training.

Oh and he## no on the Friday shopping.

HuronHeart

Happy Thanksgiving to those of us celebrating today!  Rest day for me.  Enjoyed thanksgiving dinner at my niece’s house this year.  She bought her first house a few months back.  It was nice.

Congratulations to all the turkey trotters!

Lizzie-lol on being grossed out by pregnancy.  Maybe the baby will be born tonight and you won’t have to work Friday.  Running a marathon in rain deserves a special medal!

DHuffman-enjoy your family day.  I tried Altras but they didn’t work for my feet.  I exchanged them for a pair of Brooks.  So far, I have had the best luck with Brooks.

Docket-Bugsy is going to rule the roost!

Kats-does free feed mean pets always have food in their bowls?  When we had pets they would stare  us down and drool when we were eating and we rarely fed them people food.  Hey, I like brownies better than cheesecake!  I will be Black Friday shopping for a vehicle. Every discount helps. Looking to buy this time instead of lease,

Seloc-nice 10k!  Sub 10 m/m is pretty sweet!  Hope you enjoy your Baileys laced coffee and stomach issues go away.

Karen-low 40s must feel awesome to you.  You are fast!  I need to try checking out library books on my reader.  I check out “real” books from the library but never think of the other.

Gatsby-yay on walking with minimal coughing!  Friendsgiving with neighbors sounds fun and relaxing.

Kilmisters-nice run! Your report writing skills are amazing.  Send some of your talent my way please!

Hello to everyone else!

Huronheart-Kathy