Womens Running

Back at it MONDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

OB went fine! Went to the grocery store after that and just got the bare minimum since we are leaving Friday.

Speaking of leaving Friday..spoke to my mom today and unbeknownst to me..FL has been getting shi!t on the past couple weeks. Right Damaris? UGH. And now there is a potential tropical event next week!? So, of course I am freaking out and upset about it. I wanted a nice beach vacation. Airbnb and airfare is non-refundable.. I need some vitamin D in my life! Laying in the sun is my idea of getting away from life!  I even considered throwing that money away and going somewhere else. Now I am going to worry about it for the rest of the week. Sigh. Out of my control...my marathon blues are coming early! End rant.

Susan - Your weekend sounds like so much fun! I love the idea of poker float!!

Diane. - Wow, nice miles for you this weekend. Glad you are still feeling good with the increase! Ugh, good luck with the spreadsheets!

Karen - I laughed out loud at DH finishing the Halo. Like Tessa said, he must have really been desperate Smile

Cathy - Look you banking in those miles this weekend! YAY!!! I guess you are still loving the new bike Smile I need you to be in tip top shape for Lakefront next year LOL..kidding..though I am highly considering it. I know HCBF would love to go to that one. Thanks for the sweet comments about the race. I am OK with the time..but still a little disappointed about my performance. Yeah, Sandy was telling me that Twin Cities is hilly..but we shall see.

Sandy - Enjoy the rest day today and the HIIT class tomorrow Smile I think I am crashing today. LOL. I wish the flights I wanted had gone down! BUMMER. I will keep my eye on them. It always changes when you put in the times you want Smile NO WORRIES on the sushi! Smile OH NO on your nephew!!! Sad Sad I guess he still is in MSP even though he moved out of the dorms? OH YEAH! I forgot about track tonight! Have fun!

Tessa - You are keeping one of the kittens?! AWWW. That is sweet Smile Didn’t I just read a story about a mountain lion that ate a biker?OH no it was a COUGAR. Man gotta be careful of those cougars Wink

Kilmisters - You are probably tanner than me. LOL. Nice job on the run this evening! You aren’t sore at all?! Jealous. Bummer about the board meeting but I am sure he understands. Oh, and those CAPS are disappointing me again.

Kathryn - Wait wait..this means a potential move to Austin with a job, right?!

Hoping for a short treadmill run tomorrow. Hamstrings and quads are still a bit cranky. Did I really run a marathon 2 days ago? Hard to believe!

Finishing laundry and then headed to go get Ruger. Have a great night everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Elina, sorry you don't get to go...  Sad

Lizzie, glad the appointment went well.  Where in FL are you going to and when are you leaving?  This coming weekend I think?  A move to Austin is a possibility, but we chatted about them coming to San Antonio and working in Austin for a few months until the clinic is completed here and staying here long term.

LAZY day.  Ugh.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Half Crazy K 2.0

Strength training. Was really hoping to run cause it was the first nice day in over a week. Unfortunately, a police officer was killed nearby and we're either in the area that is supposed to shelter in place or so close to it that we are doing it anyway.  There's been a helicopter overhead all evening & lots of police around. Sad situation.

Arimathea

Tessa

Kupcakes, so sorry about the police officer. It's a tough and thankless job.

And while it's small in comparison, sorry you did not get to run either.

Liz -- mountain lions are cougars. Same type of felid. Also known as catamounts, painters, pumas, and a bunch of other names -- they don't normally go after humans but sometimes they do. Name depends on where in the country you are. That's what I was most worried about on Saturday night. We have them in most of California, the good voters decided some years ago to ban all hunting of them, and the population has expanded. There's even one in Griffith Park near the Hollywood sign, P-22. (He was not at all popular with the zoo staff a few years ago. P-22 ate a koala.)

Florida has very changeable weather, I'm sure you will get some vitamin D even if it rains in the afternoons.

I got a run this evening! 4 miles. Had to stop at the supermarket near the end of the route for a bio break. I think the portapotties at the race on Saturday were cleaner than Safeway's bathroom. Whoever stopped in there not only had terrible aim but she must have had to pee for the last 60 miles of their trip. Disgusting.

Lizzie, I saw what you did there with cougars.   Thanks for not mentioning any names. 

I’m just here to say good night. SRD today.  Early short run tomorrow. Starting to get things rolling for my aid station at Western States in June.  

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Arimathea

Tessa

Sigh. I did not see that one.

Um, Liz, whatever you want to call it, it was a mountain lion that did kill and partially consume a bicyclist in Washington state. Not a nice way to go. Poor woman.