Womens Running

TUESDAY DIVAS (Read 19 times)

NorCal

Sassy- That sounds like a good cut back week to me. Especially since you're fitting all of that mileage into 5 days, instead of 7.

MA- So sorry your foot is still sore. Are you icing, using arnica, etc? I hope it heals up. Better go to the doc if it's still bad later in the week.

PO- good luck on your exam!!!!

GSD- I'm sorry DH will be traveling so much for this new job. Sad That's so sad M looks for him every morning, but kind of sweet too. Hang in there during this big transition time. (((hugs))) Also, sorry your keys are locked in the car, ugh!

Tay- You're rocking the running lately! Nice work on the PR in the half! I only wish I could run that fast. Also, holy moly, 9 800s is a lot, esp in the heat/humidity!!! You're a rock star!

RLTW- I'm SO glad you love your new job, that's so awesome!!!!

Monk- Our good friend, J, is from DC and a HUGE Skins fan, so he was super bummed. RG3 just isn't healthy and it shows, badly! Have a great time in Vegas, even if the first night away from P will be tough!

OWR- I love Run Less, Run Faster. I used their plans for a marathon (which I got injured during training and never ran) a few years ago. I like the format, but hitting the certain paces on each workout was hard for me.

Meli- If it's truly that upsetting to you, get the dog! Seriously, you need to be happy and dogs fill a special void in our lives. If I didn't have a dog, I'd make sure to get one right away. Of course, I do think it's best if DH was supportive. Is he even willing to meet the dog? Maybe he'll fall in love....

QOTD- I used RW Smart Coach for my first marathon. Then used FIRST for the one I didn't run, then created my own, using HH's Novice 2, but formatting it to fit my schedule and amount of running days I can handle.

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

SassySparky

NC - does S like hummus? It's great mixed into brown rice for some extra fat and protein. Plus kids love to dip things, too, so if you have ketchup or bbq sauce, she might try some baked tofu or something.

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

NorCal

Sassy- Unfortunately, S is the world's pickiest eater and her parents never challenge her to try anything new. Her answer to everything is "I don't like that". It's super frustrating and I hate seeing that she eats pure junk every day. If she eats cucumbers with dinner (which have pretty much no nutrients) she gets dessert. Her parents have a horrible diet and she has one too. And it's not our battle to fight, so if she doesn't want something, I don't make her, because then it turns into a power struggle, which isn't our job. I try to have fun, healthy stuff for her, but seriously she won't try much at all! No tofu, no hummus, nothing with beans, nothing green, etc. Basically nothing that we eat! lol.

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

melrunner

NC fabulous great news about your mom!!!!!!! Sorry about your uncle. Sad

can you give M pasta? Or mashed cauliflower mixed with mashed potatoes? Add more cauliflower and shel think she's having mashed potatoes!!

SassySparky

NC - that's rough and I can relate because I see some of the things that my family feeds their children and it makes me ill to think about it. One of my cousins was diagnosed with Type II diabetes when he was 15. FIFTEEN. The only thing you can do is to be a good example and continue to offer things she will eat and maybe she will become interested in more as she gets older (or maybe she'll want to be like her cool aunt!).

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!