Womens Running

Time Change TUESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 21 times)

dhuffman63

Trails

Cathy since most of my races are a 3 to 4 hour drive it's hard to volunteer unless I'm already there.  Plus it was the RD from the Hawk who needed help and I loved that race.

Not into celebrating St Patrick's either...certainly don't want to attend the local 5k with it's thousands of runners.

When DD was in HS I put spyware on her PC so I could monitor what she did.  Still haven't told her I did that...maybe when DGD is older and needs to be "monitored".

Docket_Rocket

Oh, and downtown LA has barricades everywhere, some of the metro station entrances closed, Secret Service and FBI running around and parking where they shouldn't (like bus stops and no parking zones). Guess the First Jackass's motorcade is coming through at some point. Pity I didn't know they were going to be downtown. The vegetable crisper needs cleaning out.

Ugh, was that this week?  First Jackass, haha.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

dhuffman63

Trails

Ok...I need to stop dreaming about stuff...this post so hit the nail on the head since that's exactly how I've been feeling...https://mauderunner.wordpress.com/2018/03/12/imposter-syndrome-and-microinequities-a-rant/

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Judy – You must have had some morning energy today!!!

Susan – Nice miles this morning!

Diane – No need for lawyer yet. Just prepping. I am hoping at least the showers hold off for your race!

Docket – An outside run?!? GO YOU!! I will be very careful! What gets me, is the forging is over SILLY things that aren’t even a big deal.

Laura – Wow…such a sad situation! Sad I want your bed! LOL. I would love to have a king bed! We have a queen but it’s a little snug with Ruger in there Smile Awe, yeah..you wouldn’t want her falling!

Karen – Awe Karen, sorry to hear that your dad is having some issues. That’s a lot of tests! Wonder what kind they are doing. Thinking about you and hope they find what is the cause!! I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING!!! Shouldn’t we want to be sleeping  MORE? I don’t get it. Your to-do list is very long for a Tuesday! Hopefully you are home in time for the sprinkler guy – if not, you could always call him? Or have him call you if you aren’t home.

Sandy – Nice 7 this morning! Yes, I would tell RB that you need to just go by yourself on some mornings! I remember during the last training cycle you were doing your faster paced runs with them on the track, am I remembering right? I 100% agree about your view on St Patricks day. Even when I was partying..I NEVER partook in St.Patricks Day activites. I did not find it fun to get drunk at 11am then watch people puke the entire afternoon. Nope. Obviously I still don’t like it now. Haha. Interestingly enough, HCBF has the hardest time on St Patricks Day. That is the one day he attends multiple meetings. Saturday commitment…well, now that has changed. This lady who is hosting..is a real b!tch. My co-worker handled this last year – but he is going to be on PTO so I am helping. Well, she refuses to work with me. I asked her a question about set up this morning..she started blowing up my co-workers phone..and wrote me the MOST PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE email ever!! Basically saying he is better than me blah blah blah. She has done this to me before. So..right now my view is she can handle the event herself! PSH! Okay sorry I started rambling and venting. Ugh….Good luck at the games tonight! Let us know how it goes! Hopefully no drama  Smile

Tessa – They do have a compliance hotline I believe. I have to look into that and see if it is anonymous. I doubt it. They say annoyances but it never is. YES I would call regarding the results for Long Play. LOL at your comment about the first jackass Smile Nice run this morning!

Cathy – I didn’t think our snow would stick yesterday – it did! They said a dusting to half inch but we got about 2”! It melted quickly. OMG about the train. I think I read that happened somewhere else last year, too. I would be angry!! Yes FL for Memorial Day week. We are excited..it was pretty cheap. Plus, we just need to get away. I hope we both don’t quit before then.Ohhh DH is a partier! Haha  Smile

Kathryn – Woohooo on the run! May does seem so far away but it really isn’t! Your day off sounds nice  Smile  I always want to be crafty but never follow through  Smile

Hey, I didn't quit today so that is good.

Heading out to the gym soon! Have a great evening all!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

dhuffman63

Trails

Lizzie that place just sounds awful.  I am hoping you get out of there soon.

Well I got my aid station assignment for after the 50k...it's one of the 100 miler ones so I get to see how they do it.  Excited.

Seloc

Lizzie – I forgot to comment earlier about your vacation!  WOOHOO!  That’ll be so awesome.  Awww I’ll be thinking about HCBF on Saturday.  That has GOT to be hard.  Lucky for him he has such a supportive chica by his side!  And, yeah, I do not do puke.  Ever.  Haven’t puked since the 8th grade and I run away if I see it haha.  Well that lady sounds completely childish and intimidated by your awesomeness.  I would just ignore her and make her ask for help.  But, maybe that’s not super mature either haha.  Hey, thanks on the well wishes for volleyball tonight.  I’ll be shocked if there ISN’T drama!  LOL

Diane – I’m with Kat.  No WAY I could volunteer after running that far.  Give me a shower and a beer.  Thank you for sharing the article.  Interesting I have yet to experience any of that.  Maybe because I run with mostly younger folk?  Or maybe it’s MN nice haha.  But, really, who cares what other people think.  Just go out and kick ass the way YOU kick ass and not anybody else.

Tessa – no rotten tomatoes you can hurl?! Haha.  As for the race results – personally I wouldn’t care but I know you are going after 50 states so I’m guessing you need record.  In which case then, yes, after a week and two emails I would probably try calling.  Though I despise calling, sometimes it’s the best way to get results.  Good luck!

Cathy – OMG on the train stopping the 5K LOL.  That happened to me once in a half marathon but times weren’t adjusted.  Bummer it caused RB to miss a PR.  LOL on you being Chirish.  Yeahhhh, Saturday will be a CRAZY drinking day here.  Good day to stay OFF the roads.  Similar to NYE.  I just like to day drink for a couple hours instead haha.  Awww that’s cute that DD wanted to practice VB.  My sister was telling me she’s been peppering with my niece (12yrs) in the house.  I’m guessing in the living room since it has a vaulted ceiling?  IDK.  My sister was happy that my niece was asking advice (we all played volleyball in HS) cuz they’ve had a rough go of it lately with daughter not liking mom at all and giving lots of sass haha

Kat – I did watch TIU last week.  If you skip it you won’t be missing anything.  It’s pretty boring.  Just the back story of Deja.  I won’t be able to watch tonight since I won’t get home from volleyball until almost 9pm.  Will have to wait until tomorrow.  Ooooh, what kind of new phone did you get?  OMG just going to the craft store and attempting a craft makes you far craftier than me!  LOL

I had a dream the other night that I was running with Kara Goucher and Shalane Flannigan.  Maybe because it feels like I am when I’m running with the fast girls!

Man, I think I need a nap before volleyball.  Have a great night!

ginnyb

anyone wants to root for an underdog in the NCAA tourney, my hometown university is playing tonight in Dayton.  St. Bonaventure....they were one of the last 4 to get in.  Hoping to stay awake long enough to watch the game, which doesn't start until after 9.  The odds of me making it are quite slim.

Have a weird thing going on with my right wrist.  It was perfectly fine yesterday and out of the blue it hurt so much I couldn't even use my arm.  Now it still hurts and there is a red flush over my wrist which is somewhat warm  what the heck?  I have  a Dr's appointment tomorrow anyway for yearly, so will have him check it out.  Very frustrating, as I have not worked out since Friday, have not fallen or hit my wrist on anything, very strange.  Plus, just found out that our oldest son has leukemia, CML, which is quite rare, but also very curable.  The big lug has had it for over a year and didn't want to "worry us".  I could kill him!  Bad choice of words, but you know what I mean.  This is the son who just got divorced, having troubles financially and lived with us much of last year.  How could I have not noticed that he was sick????  Feel like a very bad mom.  Anyway he has not had to have chemotherapy or radiation, just medication which seems to be working, he never misses work and seems okay except for losing weight and being tired.  Sigh.......does life ever go smoothly?

Not going to work out until I find out about this wrist.  I couldn't lift anything anyway, but think I will do a run in the morning.

Hi to all...sorry for no personals, I made this one all about me, sorry.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for all the kind thoughts about my dad. He's been pretty much sick since he got pneumonia a few weeks before his birthday in early November. His doctors can't figure it out, so sent him north for answers. It's a little over a 5 hour drive, but they don't have to go through any really big cities, so shouldn't be too bad. They know lots of people that have gone up there and say the drive isn't too bad (I guess when you get old, you end up knowing more and more people that get up to Mayo).

As for me, I am beat. I ran 11 miles, then took a quick shower and drove down for the mammogram. I always feel a little sorry for the tech that gets stuck with me - there's just so little there to put up on the shelf, it's gotta be hard. After that, Costco, which is when I remembered this is spring break week here. Crowded. Then home and some chores outside, plus got dinner in the crockpot. And now resting. That's a lot going on for lazy retired chick!

HI to all, I think I"m gonna go take a little nap.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I am waiting for my darn Netflix to update! Geez, all I want to do is Netflix and chill!! Smile

Body Pump whooped my butt in a good way. A routine I have never done before. My booty is going to be sore - it was lunges galore today.

Diane - You are a real badass for volunteering after the race. Phew.

Sandy - HAHAH I remember you saying you haven’t puked. I hate it just as much as you do. Even when Ruger is trying to cough up something..I will throw him off the couch. LOL. Ugh..YUCK. Yes, I admit I am being immature about the whole thing, too. But this isn’t the first time she has refused my help or has even said “ugh, Liz can’t help me”. Fine. I won’t. Haha. Do you despise calling anywhere?? I have that problem..I won’t even call to make reservations! What an awesome dream! I follow them on Instagram Smile Pretty inspiring! Hope you are having fun tonight!

Oh Ginny, I am sorry to hear about your DS! You are NOT a bad mom. Don’t you say that. He just hid it well..wow. I get him not wanting to tell you..he probably knew you were worried about him already with all that he was going through - divorce, financial, etc. He probably just didn’t want to worry you more. I am glad it is curable! And no chemo or radiation..that is lucky! Bummer to hear about your wrist as well! My first thought was carpa tunnel? Maybe you did something to it in your sleep! Weird. I hope your doctor can give you some insight tomorrow!

Karen - Nice 11!! I laughed a little about your mammogram. I can’t picture this “shelf”…but maybe because I haven’t had one. You sure did a lot of adulting today. I can see why you need a nap Smile Keep us posted on your dad!

I am restarting the cable box. I was hoping I wouldn't have to because Ruger is sound asleep right next to me. Daycare wore him out Smile Have a good night!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Half Crazy K 2.0

So tired. Not a fan of the time change, well aside from the fact it was totally light for my run this evening. 4 miles. Now I am debating how early is too early to go to bed.

Add me to group of not going out for St Patrick's day. Just too many nuts out. I had thought about doing a 5k, but seems like most start/end at bars. There is also a Friday evening 5k, but the logistics just would be a pain. It's close to work, but I get off work at 4 and the race starts at 6:30. Parking is a pain and it's not really an area I want to be wandering around alone.

Seloc,we got a dusting of snow. Wouldn't even know it snowed this afternoon, nothing is left. There was also nothing at work--and I only work 12 miles away.

AnonymousGuest, hopefully your dad can get some answers. Definitely tough to not know what the problem is.

Ginny, hope your wrist is ok. Scary news about your son.

LC Runs

3 windy, cold after work miles.  I'm still glad I got out there.

Karen - productive day for you!!  Sending good thoughts to your Dad!!

Sandy - how did the volley ball games go?  I know, the whole situation is just awful.  My DD is going to the funeral and maybe younger DS, the service is Friday.  DS is doing okay today, this is his first real death situation so I know it's going to be tough for a while.

Tessa - ugh on the downtown mess!

Diane - I checked out that blog and really like it!

Hi Cathy - that is weird about the 5k and I would be irritated by the train.  I wonder if they didn't take the train schedule into consideration or if it was just a random occurrence.  DD said they did have an assembly addressing the student's death and suicide prevention today.  I'm glad they are at least addressing it.

Kat - whoo hoo on the new phone, what did you get?

Ginny - sorry to hear about your son, I'm so glad he's doing well and this is very treatable.  Don't beat yourself up over it, men are experts at keeping things inside!

Kupcakes - I'm with you all, I am ready for bed and I don't do St Patty's Day!!

Thanks for all the kind thoughts about my dad. He's been pretty much sick since he got pneumonia a few weeks before his birthday in early November. His doctors can't figure it out, so sent him north for answers. It's a little over a 5 hour drive, but they don't have to go through any really big cities, so shouldn't be too bad. They know lots of people that have gone up there and say the drive isn't too bad (I guess when you get old, you end up knowing more and more people that get up to Mayo).

As for me, I am beat. I ran 11 miles, then took a quick shower and drove down for the mammogram. I always feel a little sorry for the tech that gets stuck with me - there's just so little there to put up on the shelf, it's gotta be hard. After that, Costco, which is when I remembered this is spring break week here. Crowded. Then home and some chores outside, plus got dinner in the crockpot. And now resting. That's a lot going on for lazy retired chick!

HI to all, I think I"m gonna go take a little nap.

karen

More good thoughts for your Dad!  Laughing at your boob squishing experience... I'm the same, not a lot to work with!

Lizzie, I can imagine St. Pat's day is hard for your DH.  But I'm sure having you there will help him a lot!  Ugh on the bitchy passive aggressive co-worker!

DHuff, on behalf of runners everywhere, thanks for volunteering after your 50k!

Ginny, hope your son gets well soon.  MTA:  How about St. Bon beating UCLA tonight!

Kupcakes, I frequently wonder how early is too early to go to bed.  I disguise it by claiming I'm going to bed to read for a bit.

LC, how terrible, so sorry to hear about suicides in your kids' school.  It's good that you are talking to them about it.

Seloc, Turtles -- when I the Via HM in Bethlehem, PA a couple years ago, a train came through he middle of it.  Crazy people were dashing across the tracks after the gates came down! Geez!  I don't know if they adjusted times.  I didn't care, it was just for fun.

Going to wave to everyone else from the first page because I'm lazy and hungry and need to get some dinner going!

Good night, all!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR