Womens Running

Run, don't march into the weekend! (Dailies) (Read 21 times)

ginnyb

So proud of you Lizzie!!  We all knew you could do it!  I can feel your excitement all the way here in Ohio.  After I ran NYC I got a weird cough right after that lasted a week, maybe the headache is an after effect, who knows.   So nice HCBF was right there too.  You rock, Lizzie!

Karen....you are an inspiration to us all!  Great job, especially when you weren’t feeling 100%.

ran 6 outside this morning and I did really well , for me!

hi to everyone, I can’t believe it is Sunday night again. I say we postpone Monday.

ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Congrats Lizzie!!!! You're an inspiration!!!

Lisa

Half Crazy K 2.0

10 miles today. Mix of stuff in there, 4 miles of 1:30 hard, 1 minute recover and did mile 9 at a fast pace. Breaks up the longer runs, which is nice. Still windy, many of the intervals were uphill & into the wind.

Lizzie, great race!

MyMomRuns, glad nothing is broken. I think trail races are limited in DE, there is a group called Altis Endurance that puts on several non-competitive events in the MD, DE, PA area.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Congrats Lizzie!!!!!  WAY TO GO!  Knew you could do it.

Cathy AND Diana - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Sitting in my hotel room after bailing on the last 2 hours of the conference, I just couldn't keep my eyes open any longer in lecture.  Tonight they have comedy night with Kevin Nealy.  Debating going.  It is going to be a long long week here, as my enthusiasm to sit in class is at an all time low.

Vegas is so damned expensive.  The next 3 days there are breakfast and lunch talks with free food.  But, that means getting there BY 6:30am, um, that is early, though I am still on Central time.

Found a local hash on Tuesday night I think I am going to go to.

Hey there and howdy to everyone.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Congrats, Lizzie!!!!  Amazing job!  can't wait for the RR.

Here is my RR from the Princess weekend.

No PRs here!

Last weekend, I ran the Princess Fairy Tale Challenge at Disney World in Orlando, FL with my girlfriends.  It would be a good trip with my girlfriends just before my husband had to go back to the hospital for another brain surgery to deal with the leftover benign tumor.

The Fairy Tale Challenge consists of a 10K on Saturday and a Half Marathon on Sunday, and my girlfriends and I also signed up for the 5K on Friday.

We arrived in Orlando on Thursday afternoon and immediately went to the expo to get our stuff for the race, buy some stuff, before heading to Epcot to have a couple of drinks around the world.

We tried to head to bed early, but of course we were unsuccessful.  We barely made it two hours of sleep each night and it showed, ha.

Princess 5K

We woke up between 2am and 3am to head to the buses no later than 3:30am.  We headed to the athlete's village and were pretty much in front of the corral, which was good, since the character stops for this race took forever.  The 5K is untimed so it leaves people more time to stop for pictures.  We finished the 5K in 1:50 or something like that.  But we had so much fun!

After the 5K and brunch with our friend, Beth, we headed to Animal Kingdom to have some more fun:

Princess 10K

We had maybe 30 minutes of extra sleep for Saturday, which made us look more human for the 10K.  We also took the bus at around 3:30am and were there early enough to use the potties and line up in the corral.  Our plan today was to get as many character spots until we see the balloon ladies (the ladies that start at the end and do 16mm and if you are passed by them you risk being picked up and not allowed to finish). The stops were taking a long time but not as bad as with the 5K.  We saw the balloon ladies and were passed by them (briefly) at Mile 5 after a Goofy character stop.

We finished at somewhere around 2:17 or thereabouts. But faster than the 5K, for sure.  We were hoping the character stops for the half marathon were not as long.

After the race, we had lunch with our friend Sabine at the Raglan Road Pub in Disney Springs:

And also got our 25th Anniversary Disney Marathon hats embroidered:

Spent most of the day in Disney Springs before heading to Epcot for our dinner in Italy.  Between the monorail and the dinner, we managed to sleep another 2 hours before the half marathon.

Princess Half Marathon

Sunday was lots of fun as well.  We were able to stop on as many character stops that we wanted to and made it in good time, breaking sub-4 hours:

Overall, one of the best race weekends I've had.  We need to repeat!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

KatS, are you on the Strip? Yea, prices are crazy. If you want a good Italian meal just off the strip, last time we were there we went to Batista's Hole in the Wall behind the Flamingo. We did not make reservations, so sat at the bar. Decent prices, food was really good. If you make reservations for the dining room, wine is included with your meal.

Arimathea

Tessa

Damaris, glad DH's medical results were good, and wow on that weekend!

Liz, CONGRATULATIONS! Excellent race!

Yes, Rebecca (Pickles) ran the half this morning.

Lisa, can't speak for all the states, but how about Michelson Trail marathon for South Dakota next June (2019)? I would like to do that one also. Looking out for races in the Spokane area since DD will be there...

Quick report: DFL at Long Play today, 9:54 I think, but they did record my time and gave me a finishers medal. Woo hoo!