Womens Running

Lazy Friday (dailies) (Read 18 times)

Kilmisters

Barely moving.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Kilmisters

8pm game yesterday and no chance to take a day off or arrive only for the second part of the day. Plus my "hold my beer" mind decided it would be a great idea to run work-home today (10k or so). Oh well. Shakeout run? Character building before trail21k (3wks left!!) Big grin

Have a great Friday!

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

I was stiff  and achey this morning!

Thursday it was snowing so I did a cardio dvd for 40 minutes. It’s a faster one so I was tired this morning. Good workout. Who knew there was such a difference between running and full body cardio exercises? Me. 

Today I’m off to classes, Tea history, Ghost Hunting, running on TM, Yoga, Study.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

16.3 for me. Last 7 were MP miles.

What a great run! I have been saying that a lot lately..the weather has been pretty decent though. I dreaded doing this before I even started haha, but I felt really good out there. I played with the MP and set my watch pace to be between 8:00-9:20. I almost set it down to 9:10 but I didn't want that stupid thing beeping at me every 5 minutes if I couldn't keep the pace. BUT...here were my paces: Wink

10 miles - 9:09

11 miles - 9:10

12 miles - 9:04

13 miles - 9:06

14 miles - 8:59

15 miles - 9:00

16 miles - 8:58

HMMMM. I think I did pretty well. It was not easy. LOL. It was hard at first but once I was going for a while it seemed...not easier - but TOLERABLE. I will put it that way. When I got home my watch alerted me that I had my fastest 10K - 56:07. WOOT WOOT (FYI - before I got into distance running, my PR for 10K was 52:00)..good run and opened my mind to some possibilities. What would happen if I was well rested and carbed up?! Smile

Since I am nearing the end of trianing my muscles are tired. Got some niggles in the shins and the calf muscles. I am sure the 3 speed work workouts this week didnt help. Next week is my FINAL peak week. WOOT WOOT. Most of them are easy runs. I am looking forward to cutting back a bit and getting ready for FARGGGOOO!

Working now..hopefully a quiet day. Heading out of here early to go the locksmith for a work errand. Its not going to take an hour..but I will say it is Smile

Run4kupcakes – Yes, the one in Chesterfield was the one I was thinking of. I have a feeling we are skipping Spring as well. OH you reminded me to ask HCBF to bring some cupcakes on the way homeSmile

Docket – YAY for day off today!!! I am sure you are exhausted from traveling. Congrats on the training and the kudos!! You mean, if you got a promotion you wouldn’t get a bump in salary???

Diane – Volunteering for one is a good idea. I may do that.

Kilmisters – Ugh, I am with you on the exhaustion. I have a feeling the run will feel good though. And wake you up Smile

TACCCOOOSSS tonight! YEAH BUDDY!!!

Okay, Happy Friyay!!!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

dhuffman63

Trails

Saturday

Showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 54. East wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.  I drive up later for hotel check in, packet pick up, and give the RD the bag of GU's I'm offering.  I found they don't work so well on races longer than HM's for me.

Nice run Lizzie.  Since I don't race marathons those look like great times.  I do think a lot of distance running is mental once you have the physical part in place.  From the interviews I've read even the elites sometimes have trouble believing they can.  We here believe you can sub 4...you just need to believe. 

Wondered if you were ok Elina.

Hi Judy, Sandy, Tessa, Ginny, Kat, R4K (doesn't seem spring like here), Margaret, Damaris.  Any one I missed.

Good luck to any racers this weekend.

Seloc

Karen - hope you had a nice snuggly day with Riley yesterday and your ankle is feeling better!  That was some serious crap weather you ran in on Monday (can you believe that was only just Monday?).  Yeahhhhhhhh there IS a lot of laundry over here.  But, full disclosure, I re-wear the top layers (pants/jacket/vest/hat/gloves) a few times before washing. Unless I'm meeting people then I'm sure to wear fresh haha.

Cathy - great GREAT words to Lizzie about Fargo!  I was nodding and agreeing with everything you said.  Ugh on the snow messing up the commute.  Hopefully it's on it's way out!  Yeah, the poor spring sport folks!  I was talking to someone yesterday that told me they were going to somehow plow the softball field to try to get a game in since it was sunny and in the 50s here yesterday.  They are running out of time - it's almost May for goodness sake!  LOL on the birds - I had a robin sitting on my bird bath that is full of snow haha  I actually chatted with a woman last night that runs a USAV JO club team near me - said they are always looking for coaches.  I may pursue that next year, we'll see!

Ginny - hooray for the dreadmill!  LOL  Okay, you KNOW I'm not a fan but high five to you for gettin after that 3mi.  Hope your snow is short-lived!  I'm afraid to even mention how nice it was here yesterday (sunny and 50*) and that's the forecast for the next however many days.  Possibly <whisper>60*? even.  Eeks!  I'm afraid to get excited!!

Diane - safe drive today and GOOD LUCK tomorrow!!

Lizzie - OH YEAH, duh me, my favorite food IS popcorn!  When you asked, I guess I just had a proper meal on my mind.  But, popcorn has been plenty a meal so there ya go haha.  Yep, was waking up tossing and turning and looking at my phone (bad, I know) but, luckily last night I slept right through like a rock.  OMG I'm laughing at the visual of you literally JUMPING out of bed.  What does HCBF think of that??  Dude, you are sweet to offer to cook when you guys are here but nope.  You will need to first REST before the race and then you will be tired from crushing that I will need to wait on you two hand and foot!!    Oh yeah, and I already know you will want spaghetti  and even gramma can handle cooking that LOL

Damaris - heyyyyyyyyy congrats on the kudos!  I'd love to see you in action.  Promotion to boss level with no extra pay??  Yeah, that doesn't sound too appealing to me either.  Peak week for you then taper for Derby marathon?  Two weeks from Sat!  Well, I guess I don't know when the marathon is but I do know the horse race is Sat haha

Elina - been thinking of you!  Hope the game went well.  Have you been burning the candle at both ends watching playoff hockey?  Lucky its Friday!  Have a great run home!!

Lizzie2 - girl, you keep throwing down those times and I'm going to keep hounding you to go for that sub-4 at Fargo.  Depending on the weather, that is.  Holy crap you are freakin AWESOME!!  Now tacos I can get on board with - good call!  LOL  What's on tap for the weekend?

TRX/Bells class this morning.  I'm afraid to tell you guys how NICE it was here yesterday and that it's supposed to be nice for the next few days.  50s and sunshine and maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe even approaching 60 freakin degrees!!  But, I'm terrified to get too excited.  There is still PLENTY of snow.  But, if it really does get that warm, I'm going to shovel the patio and sit out there.  Running 12 with 2 (maybe 3) of the faster girls tomorrow.  Taking them over to Mpls where they've never run before (sheltered suburban moms haha).  I might add a few more easy miles when I get home, we'll see.  Will plan another 20 next week before taper.  Tomorrow night is a party for one of the RBs turning 40 (youngster!!).  That's about it.  Super happy it's Friday.  Always living for the weekend!!

TGIF!!! No run, but I did sleep much better. Planning to get outside tomorrow.  Finally.

Hi Elina--glad you survived the day! Whew!

Lizzie---wow! You are laying down some great paces!

Judy--sounds like a great day planned.

Diane--good luck!!

Conf call in two hours.  I brought extra knitting. Wink

Anonymous Guest

Elina, you sound tired. I'm finally starting to feel back to normal (at least mentally) and plan to look over the stuff you messaged me in the next couple days.

Lizzie, wow! 16 with 7 at MP is not supposed to be easy, it's one of the tougher workouts out there. I may need you to pace me at Fargo! Seriously, this is a fantastic workout and you killed it. Killed. it. Promise me that if I start slowing down, you will leave me behind and go on and make me proud.

Judy, I feel the same about cardio when I get on my bike. Why am I out of breath? I can run forever......

Diane, still a pretty good forecast (I know, I know, you want warmer and no rain). Just dress for it, and you'll do great. Excited for you.

Sandy, maybe since the fast girls are running somewhere new, they will slow down since they don't know where they're going? You deserve that nice weather. Criminy, it's almost May!

Susan, you sound like you're feeling better. Yay.

Ankle is still bugging me. So another rest day for me. I'm meeting some of my group tomorrow morning and told them I'm going no more than 6. I hope the ankle is okay with that. They were all tracking me and excited for me and want to hear about Boston, so I really don't want to blow it off. I guess if I'm still feeling the ankle, I'll meet up and send them off and just walk a little (which doesn't hurt). I need to do my Boston RR today.......I'm finally through the brain fog I've been feeling since the race, I think, and if I don't do it soon I'll start forgetting.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Friyay!  Got a call from DD's school yesterday, at recess they were goofing around pushing a big snowball in the field.  DD decided to use her legs, since they are stronger than her arms.    So she was down on the ground and then one of her friends slipped and fell on DD's arm.  I took her to get it checked out, it's just a sprain.  Kids!  Though interestingly, the x-ray tech asked DD if there was any chance she was pregnant.  She is 10.  She was mortified.    I suppose they have to ask!  Weather is supposed to be warming up this weekend, so I plan to get an outdoor run in tomorrow!

Elina, haha, I see why you are barely moving!    I thought of you, DD is interested in intramural floor hockey.

Judy, yes, there is a difference between running and other cardio!  

Lizzie, awesome MP run!  Those MP-finish long runs are never easy at the end of a long training week.  Especially with that tempo you had in there!  So yeah, it will feel easier when you are tapered!    I will be keeping my eye on the weather forecast for Fargo...  We are planning to have tacos tonight also.  At Chicken Palace!    Sounds funny, but it's authentic Mexican.  They have things on their menu that I have never heard of.

Diane, good luck racing tomorrow!

Sandy, I was watching the birds on the feeder in our backyard yesterday and a big hawk swooped down!  I don't think it got any birds.  I think most of the snow will be gone this weekend, hopefully it won't be too messy out on the paved bike trail.  The sidewalks were already getting flooded.  It's hard to believe it's almost May!  I'm glad that you are getting some warm weather!   One of my friends has an old Grand Cherokee.  It's dark purple.    She can't seem to get rid of it either.  Her work gave her a new vehicle so she mainly drives that but she keeps the Jeep around.  The in-laws also have a very old Jeep, I think from around 1990.  The heat hasn't worked in it for years.    My first new car was a 2000 Subaru Impreza.  I didn't want to get rid of it, but we needed a bigger car.  I offered it up to my sister for my nephew.  She ended up taking it for herself!  She is still driving it.  So I can still see it.  

Sue, glad you got some rest!  Hope the cough is on it's way out!

Damaris, doesn't surprise me that you did so well!

Kupcakes, nice to get some goodies for a good cause!

Cathy

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon!  Took off work and went to Pilates with hubby this morning. 9 miles tonight, maybe weights.

Elina, run commute sounds great.

Judy, enjoy the classes, the TM, and yoga.

Liz, nice job on the run!  Yeah, the bosses positions go on a different scale and most of us are already earning comparable salary than them, so my boss even got a cut in salary when he took the boss position ($200 but still).

Diane, hoping the showers do not materialize!

Sandy, I'm already tapering and the race is next weekend!  Nice job on the class.

Susan, glad you slept better.

Karen, enjoy the rest.  I find that some running might help the ankle unless it's too badly twisted (and you ran Boston so my take is no).  The 6 might help with it.  Tape it!

Cathy, damn it.  Poor DD! Hoping it's minor.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Getting out of here soon! Work errand then hitting the grocery store. HCBF is already home..yay!

Sandy – Oh man, your posts make me lauggghhh!!! The “I will shovel the patio and sit on it” just made me laugh because I can kinda hear you saying that Smile YAY for nicer weather! We will be at about the same temperature. Woohoo for TRX/Bells class this morning. Have fun running with the girls tomorrow. I have 20 next week, tooSmile I am ready for taper though!! Are you guys going somewhere fun to celebrate the birthday? I don’t wash all my winter gear everytime I run either! I rewear stuff for sure. Sorry not sorry. I refuse to do laundry every single day. YAY for a good nights sleeeeep!!! Sleep and nice weather Smile HCBF never hears me get out of bed. He sleeps through everything..even when I am blow drying my hair! We don’t have to have spaghetti silly!! Smile I am not sure if you are a big fan? And I am not sure if Karen is a big fan haha. I am down for whatever post race! This weekend….my best friend turned 30 today. Her husband contacted me a few months ago about a surprise birthday party for her – so he and I have been scheming for months and have something planned for tomorrow night. Should be fun but I am ready for it to be over with! The planning has been stressing me out! I just hope enough people show up. I got a private room at an Italian/Greek restaurant and they have minimums. Sunday..I hope we are relaxing before NEXT WEEKEND. Next weekend we…DUN DUN DUN…babysit. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Wink My God my ovaries are shriveling up as I type!  Wink

Susan – Yay for goodnight sleep!! Hope the coughing is a bit better.

Karen – I have been waiting for this race report! Haha. Smile Sorry the ankle is still bugging. Smart to take extra rest, though. Hopefully you feel well enough to run a few miles tomorrow! Oh, it’s a tough workout? That explains the shin splints. LOL. If the weather is perfect enough for me to go for this – I am sure you will be speedy Gonzalez Smile Thanks for the confidence! Speaking of weather, is TX hot and humid yet??

Cathy – Oh wow, glad DD is okay!! I am sure that was a scary phone call for you to get. Asking if she was pregnant?! L O L. I don’t blame her for being mortified, I am too when they ask Wink YAY for an outdoor run! I am seeing consistency with this running you are dong Wink and I LLOOVVEEE it. I wouldn’t think Chicken Palace would be Mexican! Wink We have a fast food chain called “Chicken Fiesta”. Do you have those? I thought it was another fried chicken place but apparently this place gets 5 star reviews. LOL. HCBF goes there and gets salmon! I cant imagine ordering salmon at a fast food place.

Diane – I am excited for your race tomorrow!! WOOT WOOT. The weather looks pretty good. Just dress for being wet! It seriously isn’t bad at all once you get used to it. Have a safe drive! Good luck you are going to do great!!

Docket - Oh, just $200,000..LOL. When do I start?! Haha. Enjoy your much needed day off and have a good run!

Talk with ya later ladies!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Anonymous Guest

Cathy, poor DD! At least it's just a sprain, and I can imagine at her age how mortified she was when they asked if she could be pregnant!

Damaris, hope you are enjoying the day off. Someone on my 2018 in 2018 team suggested I look at METH instead of RICE (pro tip: don't google "meth recovery" google "meth injury recovery" unless you want to learn a lot about drug rehab), which stands for movement, elevation, traction, heat. I did the easy movement instead of rest with all the walking I did around Boston, I think, without realizing that might be a good thing. So I'll give the run tomorrow a try. It's going to be slow and easy anyway, plus I've taped it so that should help too.

I ended up getting on the bike for about a 1/2 hour and did some easy pedaling. I feel better now. Now that my legs don't hurt anymore I need to get some cleaning done, but I'm rather enjoying my laziness, so we'll see if anything happens. I started the dishwasher, does that count?

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

LC Runs

Hey Ladies!

We are finally having a decent weather day...and it's supposed to stay nice all weekend and I think into next week!

4.1 afternoon miles 52 degrees!  Planning on meeting BRF for a run tomorrow, we haven't run together in several weeks so looking forward to it!

Elina - that does sound tiring, I hope you made it through the day and are relaxing now!

Judy - busy day for you, sounds fun!

Lizzie - awesome run!!  Those are some sweet splits!!  We had tacos Wednesday, one of our faves!

Good luck, Diane!!

Sandy - FINALLY we can brag about our weather whoo hoo!!  Snow is melting here but yes there are still piles of it.  Have a great 12 tomorrow!

Sue - glad you are feeling better.  Boo on the conference call.

Karen - sorry the ankle is still being a bother. It will be nice for you to get out tomorrow and see the group, I'm sure that will help with the brain fog!

Cathy - so glad DD is okay!!

Docket_Rocket

Getting out of here soon! Work errand then hitting the grocery store. HCBF is already home..yay!

Sandy – Oh man, your posts make me lauggghhh!!! The “I will shovel the patio and sit on it” just made me laugh because I can kinda hear you saying that Smile YAY for nicer weather! We will be at about the same temperature. Woohoo for TRX/Bells class this morning. Have fun running with the girls tomorrow. I have 20 next week, tooSmile I am ready for taper though!! Are you guys going somewhere fun to celebrate the birthday? I don’t wash all my winter gear everytime I run either! I rewear stuff for sure. Sorry not sorry. I refuse to do laundry every single day. YAY for a good nights sleeeeep!!! Sleep and nice weather Smile HCBF never hears me get out of bed. He sleeps through everything..even when I am blow drying my hair! We don’t have to have spaghetti silly!! Smile I am not sure if you are a big fan? And I am not sure if Karen is a big fan haha. I am down for whatever post race! This weekend….my best friend turned 30 today. Her husband contacted me a few months ago about a surprise birthday party for her – so he and I have been scheming for months and have something planned for tomorrow night. Should be fun but I am ready for it to be over with! The planning has been stressing me out! I just hope enough people show up. I got a private room at an Italian/Greek restaurant and they have minimums. Sunday..I hope we are relaxing before NEXT WEEKEND. Next weekend we…DUN DUN DUN…babysit. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Wink My God my ovaries are shriveling up as I type!  Wink

Susan – Yay for goodnight sleep!! Hope the coughing is a bit better.

Karen – I have been waiting for this race report! Haha. Smile Sorry the ankle is still bugging. Smart to take extra rest, though. Hopefully you feel well enough to run a few miles tomorrow! Oh, it’s a tough workout? That explains the shin splints. LOL. If the weather is perfect enough for me to go for this – I am sure you will be speedy Gonzalez Smile Thanks for the confidence! Speaking of weather, is TX hot and humid yet??

Cathy – Oh wow, glad DD is okay!! I am sure that was a scary phone call for you to get. Asking if she was pregnant?! L O L. I don’t blame her for being mortified, I am too when they ask Wink YAY for an outdoor run! I am seeing consistency with this running you are dong Wink and I LLOOVVEEE it. I wouldn’t think Chicken Palace would be Mexican! Wink We have a fast food chain called “Chicken Fiesta”. Do you have those? I thought it was another fried chicken place but apparently this place gets 5 star reviews. LOL. HCBF goes there and gets salmon! I cant imagine ordering salmon at a fast food place.

Diane – I am excited for your race tomorrow!! WOOT WOOT. The weather looks pretty good. Just dress for being wet! It seriously isn’t bad at all once you get used to it. Have a safe drive! Good luck you are going to do great!!

Docket - Oh, just $200,000..LOL. When do I start?! Haha. Enjoy your much needed day off and have a good run!

Talk with ya later ladies!

$200 DOLLARS!  My meager salary is nowhere close to $200K so more responsibilities for $200 than shitty is not worth it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 sluggish miles. Just dragging and tired. Plus I didn't sleep well last weekend in the hotel, so that didn't help.

Turtles, glad DD is ok. In a way, I'm surprised they didn't make her take a pregnancy test. I know women who were given them in the ER despite telling the medical folks they were in a same sex relationship. Guess there's that 1 in 1000+ where someone cheats with a guy.

Lizzie, nice run!

Seloc, DH has a mid 1990s Jeep Wrangler.